[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My coolest Christmas gift ever

DMD

My wfie gave me a 12 pounder sideloader civil war cannon ball.

It has the copper fuse and if you look up into the cannon ball with a flash light you can see small iron balls that would have been shrapnel if it had gone off when it was fired.. Would have been better if I had found it, but short of that it is pretty awesome in my book. It is about 4.5" across and very heavy.

This Christmas really rocked IMO.

Now I just need to get a cannon next year.

I could not have that thing. No matter what I would have to launch and set the damn thing off.

Congrats to you being mature enough to handle such a great gift.

:wacko:

My In-laws gave me the best present (B-day, X-mas, whatever) that I have ever received and once I realized what it was I actually teared up. We went over their house on X-mas eve to do the In-laws famous X-mas eve shrimp dinner and open presents. After opening all of the presents we had under their tree Jack (my father in law) handed me a wrapped present that appeared to be a book. I unwrapped it and it was a picture history book of Pearl Harbor. They went there at the beginning of December for 2 weeks and I told them to make sure they go see PH and the Arizona. Both my father-in-law and I share a passion for history.

I thanked them and my Mother-in-law told me to open it up. The author had signed it and thanked me for my service in the Army. I thought that was really awesome and thanked them but she said flip to the back, there is more. In the back were pictures of the remaining PH survivors. One of them signed it for me thanking me for serving our country. It was absolutely the most meaningful present anyone has ever given me and I can't believe that stood in line and took the time to have it signed like that.

I have a PH survivor thanking me for my service. Now that is deeply moving for me.

My In-laws gave me the best present (B-day, X-mas, whatever) that I have ever received and once I realized what it was I actually teared up. We went over their house on X-mas eve to do the In-laws famous X-mas eve shrimp dinner and open presents. After opening all of the presents we had under their tree Jack (my father in law) handed me a wrapped present that appeared to be a book. I unwrapped it and it was a picture history book of Pearl Harbor. They went there at the beginning of December for 2 weeks and I told them to make sure they go see PH and the Arizona. Both my father-in-law and I share a passion for history.

I thanked them and my Mother-in-law told me to open it up. The author had signed it and thanked me for my service in the Army. I thought that was really awesome and thanked them but she said flip to the back, there is more. In the back were pictures of the remaining PH survivors. One of them signed it for me thanking me for serving our country. It was absolutely the most meaningful present anyone has ever given me and I can't believe that stood in line and took the time to have it signed like that.

I have a PH survivor thanking me for my service. Now that is deeply moving for me.

Wow, that's awesome. I almost teared up reading your description.

My wfie gave me a 12 pounder sideloader civil war cannon ball.

It has the copper fuse and if you look up into the cannon ball with a flash light you can see small iron balls that would have been shrapnel if it had gone off when it was fired.. Would have been better if I had found it, but short of that it is pretty awesome in my book. It is about 4.5" across and very heavy.

This Christmas really rocked IMO.

Now I just need to get a cannon next year.

that looks like the one that is in SAHARA. pretty cool. my neighbor made his own cannon. i remember helping make cannon balls . good times.

very , very cool Cliaz :wacko: