[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TOYOTA

Front Row

:D:wacko::D:D:D:bash:

:bash: Well done.

And the UAW wasn't even involved .in this one :bash: cept for the few domestic traitors.

Perhaps we can export twice as many FORD products next yr., & a Chevy or two like the big O says we will. :D

Sorry , I just couldn't help myself. I am still bitter about the the whole 1940' s thing.

& the other thread was lame.

Edited by Front Row

so we have a pathfinder, 1y old. my wife is from mi and is there visiting family. she is driving yesterday and the truck just dies, completely loses power. so she has to sit and wait for an hour for the towtruck. he pops the hood and takes a look. asks my wife if we've had an oil change lately. yep, i got one last time we were in mi for xmas. says the bastards forgot to retighten the cable to the battery.

so im supposed to believe that motor city, usa can build a good car when they cant even get an oil change right?!?!?!??! :wacko:

so im supposed to believe that motor city, usa can build a good car when they cant even get an oil change right?!?!?!??! :D

Soo you got your oil changed at the assembly factory where your car was built? :D

or are you planning on getting your oil changed in Japan? :wacko:

Edited by bpwallace49

so we have a pathfinder, 1y old. my wife is from mi and is there visiting family. she is driving yesterday and the truck just dies, completely loses power. so she has to sit and wait for an hour for the towtruck. he pops the hood and takes a look. asks my wife if we've had an oil change lately. yep, i got one last time we were in mi for xmas. says the bastards forgot to retighten the cable to the battery.

so im supposed to believe that motor city, usa can build a good car when they cant even get an oil change right?!?!?!??! :wacko:

Same thing happend to our Pilot. I got the battery jumped (from our camry's new battery) and drove to the dealer. They said the battery was bad, and replaced for free, said it was under warranty. I think they just wanted to fix their screw up. It's an '07 and we bought it used in '08. Other than this we've had no issues.

I have an '03 Camry with almost 210,000 miles on it, still running great. They just seem to last longer than the GM's/Fords.

I'm a believer.

Same thing happend to our Pilot. I got the battery jumped (from our camry's new battery) and drove to the dealer. They said the battery was bad, and replaced for free, said it was under warranty. I think they just wanted to fix their screw up. It's an '07 and we bought it used in '08. Other than this we've had no issues.

I have an '03 Camry with almost 210,000 miles on it, still running great. They just seem to last longer than the GM's/Fords.

I'm a believer.

I still have a 1997 Camry with 274,000 miles on it. Still running strong.

As a quick aside, my heart is breaking for the business owners who are trying to figure out what to do with their Toyota dealerships, the employees, the vendors and the bankers while they cannot sell cars for reasons that are totally out of their control.

Being a business owner in this environment is a difficult proposition. Ugh.

As a quick aside, my heart is breaking for the business owners who are trying to figure out what to do with their Toyota dealerships, the employees, the vendors and the bankers while they cannot sell cars for reasons that are totally out of their control.

Being a business owner in this environment is a difficult proposition. Ugh.

+1 We were watching the news last night and discussing how awful it must be to be a Toyota salesman or dealership owner right now. :wacko:

Why is the management of General Motors being allowed to "investigate" possible issues with the cars of a competitor? And why should this be allowed to carry the force of law?

Since when were you anti-US manufacturers? Or is this just another imaginary stick to beat Obama with?

Since when were you anti-US manufacturers? Or is this just another imaginary stick to beat Obama with?

I'm anti-government owned and operated manufacturers. I will not buy another GM or Chrysler unless restitution is made to the bond holders the government and unions shat all over. I posted this somewhat in jest, but do you not see the possible conflict of interest? You have to admit that it looks bad when the Transportation Secretary tells people not to drive Toyotas, when our government is so involved with GM and Chrysler. More than likely there is nothing to it other than the look of impropriety.

I'm anti-government owned and operated manufacturers. I will not buy another GM or Chrysler unless restitution is made to the bond holders the government and unions shat all over. I posted this somewhat in jest, but do you not see the possible conflict of interest? You have to admit that it looks bad when the Transportation Secretary tells people not to drive Toyotas, when our government is so involved with GM and Chrysler. More than likely there is nothing to it other than the look of impropriety.

I'm surprised FOX News hasn't jumped onto this angle. I agree (at least I want to believe) that it's just nothing more on the government's part than the look of impropriety.

The Transport Secretary should have shut his trap. All he did was cause panic. As for the government investigations, that's what they are supposed to do. The fact that they hold stock in GM / Chrysler is neither here nor there but isn't it normal for governments to be cheerleaders for their own produce? Don't state and federal leaders go on trade missions all the time?

It shouldn't be un-American to tell people to stop buying anything made overseas or where the majority of profits end up. Where the hell do you people think all the jobs went?

And by "you people", I mean dummies, of course.

We should impose a 100% tax on any product that the money doesn't stay here in the USofA. This global market may be great for the rest of the globe, but it sure does suck for America, don't it? We need to stop being politically correct and start looking out for number one.

Oh, and don't give me any bs about Toyotas being made in America....you bet the majority of money is going to Mr. Toyoda in Japan.

You have to admit that it looks bad when the Transportation Secretary tells people not to drive Toyotas, when our government is so involved with GM and Chrysler. More than likely there is nothing to it other than the look of impropriety.

and some people think it's such a great idea for the government to "compete" with private industry.

If they wind up recalling the lexus hybrids the stock is going to go way down. If that happens and you can afford to buy stock for the long term this is one to buy. This company will not fail.

+1 watching and waiting for an entry point.

You have to admit that it looks bad when the Transportation Secretary tells people not to drive Toyotas, when our government is so involved with GM and Chrysler. More than likely there is nothing to it other than the look of impropriety.

You are right Perch . . the appearance of impropriety is enough to make it inappropriate. Shoulda kept his mouth shut . . .

Like when Glenn Beck tells his listeners/acolytes to buy as much gold as they can . . . and then openly gets sponsored by a company that tells you how to, and sells . . . .gold. Doesnt pass the smell test . . . only one is buffoonish TV personality, and the other is a govt representative . . .