[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost

gilthorp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like always...no matter how wacky the ride is, you get on it. This was a very bizarre final season opener, but we were glued to the TV for sure.

I've been on board from the first show, even during it's run when some people thought it had gotten dull or said that the plot had lost its way, I never found a problem with it... until tonight. This was season opener really didn't do much for me. For the first time I didn't walk away from it thinking I can't wait for the next episode. May be it was the length between seasons, but this just didn't do it. It was so abstract, and revealed so little. IMHO, I just wish they would have given the audience at least one or two answers to the riddles, instead I'm more frustrated and confused than ever.

I've been on board from the first show, even during it's run when some people thought it had gotten dull or said that the plot had lost its way, I never found a problem with it... until tonight. This was season opener really didn't do much for me. For the first time I didn't walk away from it thinking I can't wait for the next episode. May be it was the length between seasons, but this just didn't do it. It was so abstract, and revealed so little. IMHO, I just wish they would have given the audience at least one or two answers to the riddles, instead I'm more frustrated and confused than ever.

I dunno - we learned something about the smoke monster tonight and I gotta tell ya - I didn't see that one coming.

Makes me wonder who/what the hell Locke is.

I was extremely excited for the show last night, and I came away slightly disappointed. I was hoping for more answers, and instead it brought up new questions and gave very few answers. I guess I just need to be patient.

I loved it. In the past we've had flash back and then flash forwards....now we have multiverses (quantum mechanics). Instead of flash backs/forwards, we now have parallel time lines. This season is going to show us how life would have worked out for them if they never crashed all the while tying up the island time line. They revealed what the smoke monster is, the guy that Jacob was talking to on the beach in the season ending episode last season. The others are the guardians of the island and Jacobs body guards and that there is another group who are with the smoke monster guy that are about to attack. I have a feeling that Jacob and the other guy are ancient Egyptian gods and that the island is actually something along the lines of atlantis.

Copied from an article in popular mechanics: http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/scie...ws/4312764.html

As Ben explored the chamber beneath the Others' temple that seems to be Smokey's lair, he comes across a variety of hieroglyphics etched into the walls. But one in particular caught his eye: A strange creature kneeling in front of a snake-like (Smokey-the-monster-like?) entity. The creature on the right looks like it could easily resemble the four-toed statue. Even though the only full-size glimpse we've had of the statue was from the back, many are speculating that the statue is of Anubis, the Egyptian god associated with the afterlife who protects the deceased and guides them to the great beyond. Anubis is usually portrayed as half-jackal (top), half-human (bottom).

Allen agrees that the animal-headed human in the hieroglyphic Ben is fixated on is probably based on Anubis, though he says in actuality, no Egyptian scene looks like what's shown on Lost. "I suspect that the colossus is also meant to be Anubis, too," he says. But he points out, it's actually more of a hybrid of Anubis and Taweret, the demon-wife of the Apep, the Egyptian's original god of evil. (It's said that Apep was only present at night, and therefore any evil happenings during the daytime were attributed to Taweret). "The thing on the head definitely looks like Taweret's, but she never wears a kilt, which is clearly there in the back shot of the colossus. The colossus is probably holding two ankh-signs, like the one Anubis holds in this image, but he's holding them like Taweret holds the two signs she holds, which are 'protection' signs, not ankhs." Allen also notes that "the four toes on the statue fragment are more Taweret than Anubis, who has a human body and therefore five toes."

Another interesting fact about Taweret: She's the goddess of maternity and childbirth, the protector of women and children who was said to guard mothers and their newborn children. The creatures she's made up of—hippopotamus, crocodile and lion— are all animals that would kill to protect their young. So if the statue does have elements of Taweret, and it was destroyed, could that explain why mothers who conceive on the island can't carry to term?

Allen notes that the other hieroglyphics in Smokey's Lair are actually quite good, even though they don't really say anything. He suspects they were copied from some publication of the Book of the Dead, the ancient Egyptian funerary text.

I dunno - we learned something about the smoke monster tonight and I gotta tell ya - I didn't see that one coming.

Makes me wonder who/what the hell Locke is.

+1 and it wouldn't be lost if tons of questions were answered the first week of the final season. I'm sure they will answer most questions throughout the final season and will leave some for you to conclude yourself. Either way I have enjoyed this from the first episode and can't wait to see this all unravel. :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Personally, I've given up hope that all my questions will be answered.

Interested in seeing how the gal that was on the plane with them at first got with this new crew of Others.

Pretty sure Yo is right with his statement.

Curious about Locke's or Not Locke's statement about "wanting to go home".

I think it will be sad to see what happens to the cast in the U.S. Like the gal who had cancer...she's a goner for sure in the alternate world. But, I'll be happy to see how they end up on the island, just as happy as can be.

***saw an interview with the guy that plays Sawyer, and he said they just got done filming episode 13 or something like that....and he said none of the actors have any clue how it's going to end, they haven't been told yet, but he felt like it was all going to come together***

I don't believe that any fan that has watched this for 5 years will have total satisfaction with the ending.

Edited by gilthorp

A few things I noticed: "Rose" is now "Ruth" on the plane. The guitar wasn't checked but Charlie got to keep it on board. Also, Jack was only given one bottle of vodka that he then drank. He wasn't given a second one to put in his pocket. Interesting things to be sure, but do they mean anything?

Also, I think it's a bit of a cop out to have the final season focus on the struggle between two guys that were only introduced in the last ep of season 5. Sure, Jacob has been hinted at for some time, but the approach kind of backs up the criticism that they've been making this up the whole time.

another thing that was amiss.... that spoiled biatch wasn't on the plane. I can only imagine that ripples from their actions in the 70s could have caused this. I can understand why the guy who was first pressing the button might be on the plane - because he never had cause to be stuck on the island... but its odd that she wouldn't be there.

another thing that was amiss.... that spoiled biatch wasn't on the plane. I can only imagine that ripples from their actions in the 70s could have caused this. I can understand why the guy who was first pressing the button might be on the plane - because he never had cause to be stuck on the island... but its odd that she wouldn't be there.

Which spoiled biatch are you talking about? :wacko:

As someone who has watched every episode since it started, yea, I was a little disappointed they didn't answer a question or two...but that's why I love this show, then never answer anything! Seriously, they've went 5 seasons keeping everyone guessing, they're not going to come out first show back and all of the sudden start making sense.

Boone's sister

:wacko: I could have swore I saw her on the plane, just her face for a brief glimpse. But yea, she wasn't sitting with Boone and he said he couldn't get her to come back.

Edited by BillyBalata

Boone's sister

yeah - I am terrible with names. I can tell you the plot from a movie or TV show I saw ten years ago in great detail and tell - but cannot tell you the names of people on a show I have watched for six years straight. Its always... the redhead... the lawer.... the bitch... etc