[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Economy and Stock Market

Brentastic

The answer to that is basically the whole text of the EWT - basically it's too complex to answer in a post. The only consistency is that often wave lengths are proportionate to certain fibonacci retracement points and based on prior wave lengths - notice I said often, there are certainly exceptions to this. But in short, there are a handful of rules and several guidelines to the EWT. The EWT is not perfect because you're talking about an entity that's directed by mass human psychology, however, there is no such thing as a perfect market theory and any such claim should be laughed at. If there was a theory that perfectly timed market reversals, there would be no mystery to the market and everyone would make money from it. What the EWT does provide is the current location of the market from a trend of one larger degree. This info is valuable because it allows you to view the market from a bird's eye view and it also allows you to see where the market is heading. It's like viewing a maze from up top rather than being in the maze.

in other words, it's only perfect in hindsight (like everybody else).

This is exactly what I've been recommending for the last several months. The sheep won't act until it's too late, though. You're either ahead of the curve or behind it.

Brent, maybe it's my imagination, but It sure seems you're ultra defensive and desperate in trying to give the impression you know everything, above and beyond anything else, in these threads.

Brent, maybe it's my imagination, but It sure seems you're ultra defensive and desperate in trying to give the impression you know everything, above and beyond anything else, in these threads.

No, I'm irritated that I get mocked over my forecasts because it's not popular. When everyone tells you your wrong and laughs at you, it creates a huge chip on your shoulder.

What if we banned short selling and I'm already short - what happens with my position?

depends if they just ban short selling or short positions. in 08, the sec banned all short positions on us banks and we ripped cause everyone had to cover. this sounds like just short selling. and its only germany,\.

Why pay off your debt? If things tank won't we all just get a bailout like evrybody else seems to be getting? I am thinking now is the time to accumulate debt.

but if we fall that far, then everyone else will have as well.....who will do the bailing out if the whole world is in crisis?....

and I don't want to hear about some one world currency or something....

If things are going to be half as bad as you expect, then we will be playing "Road Warrior" for real.

Dibs on the GTO and shotgun pistol. :irishwink:

But :wacko: to the getting out of debt part.

ahaha...maybe we have things in our mind a little different...

my "bad" might be different from your "bad"....

and when we fall from grace, that will be a sign of the global recovery.....

the most important part (to me anyways) is where he says to "get out of debt".....this has been my main goal for the past year or so and I'm almost there....

if things are going to be half as bad as I expect 12 months from now, then getting out of debt is the 1st step to freedom

Why in the world would you be trying to get out of debt if you are forecasting hyperinflation? It makes no sense--instead you should just make sure that all of your debt is at fixed rates.

Why in the world would you be trying to get out of debt if you are forecasting hyperinflation? It makes no sense--instead you should just make sure that all of your debt is at fixed rates.

But depressions are ultimately de-flationary, right? So if we're all Mad Max/Postman apocalyptic then don't worry about the debt 'cause no one will be able to collect. If we're hyperinflationary and you're at fixed rates then don't worry about the debt 'cause we'll be paying pennies on the dollar. But if our machinations of the last couple years end up just forestalling the 2nd great depression then getting out of debt would be a good idea, right?

This is a fun game. Instead of "Survivor, Nicarauga" it's "Survivor, Total Global Monetary Collapse and Starvation - starring the Anti-Christ, BHO". Doesn't seem to be much to contemplate there... :wacko:

definitely, I was just thinking about this as I was getting ready to go to the Phillies game tonight....

and right now, I have very little debt and am close to my goal....but now I might be changing my position for the umpteenth time...

:wacko:

But depressions are ultimately de-flationary, right? So if we're all Mad Max/Postman apocalyptic then don't worry about the debt 'cause no one will be able to collect. If we're hyperinflationary and you're at fixed rates then don't worry about the debt 'cause we'll be paying pennies on the dollar. But if our machinations of the last couple years end up just forestalling the 2nd great depression then getting out of debt would be a good idea, right?

This is a fun game. Instead of "Survivor, Nicarauga" it's "Survivor, Total Global Monetary Collapse and Starvation - starring the Anti-Christ, BHO". Doesn't seem to be much to contemplate there... :wacko:

:tup: that was great...

I don't see a deflationary depression....but I was merely just paying off my debt "just in case" because I don't know exactly where we're headed...I just know that there is a recipe for disaster financially for not just our Country, but globally...except for places like India who seem to be impervious to the recession...but it's...India :tup:

definitely, I was just thinking about this as I was getting ready to go to the Phillies game tonight....

and right now, I have very little debt and am close to my goal....but now I might be changing my position for the umpteenth time...

:wacko:

Dude, Go out and borrow me like $25K. I want a new Road Glide Custom with ABS and a SuperTrapp Slip-on - upgrade the audio. I'm good for it, I swear! :tup:

I'm not greedy. I can only ride one motorcycle at a time! :wacko:

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

too bad yer a cowboys fan...I'm going to have to decline your offer to use my credit....

....sorry...

Edited by Avernus

Some 'experts' are finally starting to notice that we are in a deflationary depression. Nobody was saying it until this week - now, there are some who are finally wiping the (bull)chit out of their eyes and seeing the reality. I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now, but hopefully some people are taking action. Credit contraction, deflationary depression - it's happening, protect yourselves.

:lmao: Too funny, wv.

Wiegie probably doesn't even have a loincloth for the apocolypse. He'll be quickly devoured as we eat the fully nekkid ones first.