[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scott Brown votes for the jobs Bill

billay

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the righties just love this...especially after touting Brownie as the first step to a November crushing of the Dems. Turns out their savior has a brain.

Kudos to Brownie for breaking ranks and voting bipartisanly.

:D

I knew this was coming. How many libs kissed Lieberman's ass when he "broke ranks and voted bipartisanly" ? :wacko:

:wacko:

I knew this was coming.

Of course you knew this was coming....what did you expect, especially on the heels of all those posts many of you mistakenly made that Brown was just the first step towards removing the democratic hold on Congress.

seems your boy has a brain...that really bugs you, doesn't it?

Of course you knew this was coming....what did you expect, especially on the heels of all those posts many of you mistakenly made that Brown was just the first step towards removing the democratic hold on Congress.

Not bugged, disappointed

Sadly, his 15 minutes are about over.

You never answered his original question about Lieberman. I'd love to hear your response.

BTW: Voting for this bill means you don't have a brain.

Nope. I haven't read the bill, but assuming the over view that I've read is correct, I would have voted for it too.

I'm glad because every time a repub crosses over and votes with the dems it takes power away from the likes of Lieberman and Nelson.

Did you notice how the one dem that voted against the jobs bill was Nelson. He's probably still ticked off because the "Corn Husker Kickback" is no more.

Brown's just being smart. He knows he's from a liberal state so on certain things (especially those that have garnered support from the right in the past, like the jobs bill) he is willing to break ranks with his party so as not to appear as an obstructionist to his constituency. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to the GOP. If you recall right after the election the first thing he did was to distance himself from the Tea Party. This was the first sign that he was setting himself up as a moderate.

Not bugged, disappointed

BTW: Voting for this bill means you don't have a brain.

I haven't read the bill, but assuming the over view that I've read is correct, I would have voted for it too.

Seems the righties on our own board are at odds. :wacko:

You never answered his original question about Lieberman. I'd love to hear your response.

I was disappointed, same as you are with Brown.

Difference is, you can't find one thread here where the left touted Lieberman as the savior for the party. I imagine my disappointment pales in comparison to the level of yours, since your expectations of Brown were so much more in terms of what his win in MA would mean to your party.

Honestly, I think we need more people in Congress like Brown. If we could remove those tilted too far to the left, and too far to the right, and replace them with free thinkers like Brown, we'd all be in a better palce.

difference is, you can't find one thread here where the left touted Lieberman as the savior for the party. I imagine my disappointment pales in comparison to the level of yours, since your expectations of Brown were so much more in terms of what his win in MA would mean to your party.

Maybe true, but the fact that he went from VP candidate to traitor kinda proves my point.

Maybe true, but the fact that he went from VP candidate to traitor kinda proves my point.

Which is what? That he sided with most Americans in thinking that the plan was too much/too soon? Not sure that labels him a traitor? Just like Brown isn't a traitor to the right. Appears to me that its two men finally thinking for a change, rather than following party lines.

ETA: And as I said in my prior post, we need more of this.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Seems the righties on our own board are at odds. :wacko:

Honestly, I think we need more people in Congress like Brown. If we could remove those tilted too far to the left, and too far to the right, and replace them with free thinkers like Brown, we'd all be in a better palce.

:D We need more congresspeople that vote what is wanted by the people, not what is politically expedient.

Nope. I haven't read the bill, but assuming the over view that I've read is correct, I would have voted for it too.

yeah, I mean even if it's not a great bill it's certainly not the worst idea the dems have floated lately. frankly I wish a few more R's had voted for it, it kinda pulls the rug out on the whole "party of no" meme, which is the only narrative the democrats have right now with any resonance at all.

yeah, I mean even if it's not a great bill it's certainly not the worst idea the dems have floated lately. frankly I wish a few more R's had voted for it, it kinda pulls the rug out on the whole "party of no" meme, which is the only narrative the democrats have right now with any resonance at all.

You will like this quote from the original link then. Looks like the Reps will be supporting it after they've finished making their point to Harry Reid.

Brown and four other Republicans broke with GOP leaders to advance the measure. Most other Republicans voted in favor of the filibuster because of strong-arm tactics by Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada. The bill is likely to enjoy far broader GOP support on Wednesday when it's put to an up-or-down vote.

The bill featured four provisions that enjoyed sweeping bipartisan support, including a measure exempting businesses hiring the unemployed from Social Security payroll taxes through December and giving them another $1,000 credit if new workers stay on the job a full year.