[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ellen

Missoula Griz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HARSH...man the judges just killed DiDi...wasn't great by any stretch but she has a really nice and different sounding voice...my favs for the girls are Crystal, Lily and DiDi....overall this season is not close to being on par talent wise with past years.

and the next girl up murdered Arms wide open by Creed...lets see what the judges have to say about this one

Agreed. Way too harsh on Didi, but I wouldn't say she's a fav.

Hoping Katie finds herself soon. I really like her voice.

Haley was the worst of the night IMO.

agree about didi. this week, to me she was like a B, last week she was like a B-/C+ -- and she is getting savaged by the judges. she has one of the most recordable voices on the show, and they are blasting her. which wouldn't be that bad, except then they turn around and blow smoke up the butts of these 16 year olds that sound like, well, kids...like that skinny dude with the spikey hair and that girl that sang that 3 little birds song (which I am getting really sick of, by the way).

in any case, I think lilly and crystal are my favorites of any contestants since I've been watching this show. :wacko:

Agreed. Way too harsh on Didi, but I wouldn't say she's a fav.

Hoping Katie finds herself soon. I really like her voice.

Haley was the worst of the night IMO.

She found herself in the top 12...doesn't belong but that is where she is....Paige easily should have gone home over Lilly :shakeshead:

I think Alex had a very good and different voice but I think his inexperience showed and it cost him but Lilly getting cut really sucks...and to think last year they kept 13 and the 13th was Anoop who, imo doesn't hold a candle to Lilly

I think Alex had a very good and different voice but I think his inexperience showed and it cost him but Lilly getting cut really sucks...and to think last year they kept 13 and the 13th was Anoop who, imo doesn't hold a candle to Lilly

well, yeah...I mean, I didn't think alex had a chance at winning, though he has a terrific voice and could really sell some records some day. so it sucks that he's off, but it's not a complete surprise I suppose. but I can say for certain he is a better singer than at least 3 or 4 of the guys who are still in it.

lilly on the other hand is a complete travesty.

Lilly was top-three, for the girls. Alex has as unique of a voice as one could have... He may not have been able to win it, due to his inexperience, but he's got more star potential than anybody else on the show, IMO. How he is going home before the 16-year-old who sounded BRUTAL last night (think his name is Aaron), I'll never understand. It's nights like this that I wonder why I bother watching this popularity contest. I guess it pays to be 16 and in high school... year after year, young kids continue to stay on the show WAY too long because they've got the voter support. I honestly think it would make more sense to have the judges decide who goes home (not including Ellen Degenerate)... too many idiots in America for us to be making the decision.

I have never been a die hard Idol fan. I have watched off and on but this year I have watched it all. I have lost a lot of faith in the process with them voting Lilly off. I did not really care for what she did this week but it was no way bad. Paige on the other hand should have been long gone, IMO, and now the credibility of the process is way out of whack for me.

Alex also should be there but that was not nearly as hugh a shocker as was Lilly.

Did anyone pickup on what Kara mumbled when Lilly got the axe???

I'm not losing sleep over Alex. He couldn't get control of his nerves. None of the men really impress me this year overall.

Agreed that Paige was the one to go over Lily. Lily should have been in the top 5 of the men and women.

I like Crystal and Siobahn for the final 2.

i wanted to see alex continue to progress. i could really see him coming out over the next week or two and really just killing it. i'm hoping he either gets signed or we seem him back next year ripping it up.

lily was not my cup of tea, but as kara said, she at least knows who she is and brought some distinctiveness in her performances. what i did not like about her was that her last 3 weeks all seem like the same song, so there's not much range or variation to hold the attention.

i thought katelyn should have definitely stayed on a few more weeks. her beatles and coldplay performances were cool. she just picked a horrible song this week that resonated with no one.

ultimately, the show comes down to popularity groups. there's no way andrew garcia should have made it, but he has the latino contingent, for example. performers like alex and lily just got lost in the shuffle.

i'm all about crystal. if she goes, i really don't care much about what happens after that, but will still watch. my 10 year old is a big big mike and tim urban fan ...

i like didi :wacko:

i like didi :D

I like Didi as well. I also very much like Lacey and it does not seem that a whole lot of others do. I wonder if it is just the mental trailer park tramp picture that I can draw up on these two or if I really do like them. :wacko:

Edited by Skippy

How he is going home before the 16-year-old who sounded BRUTAL last night (think his name is Aaron), I'll never understand. It's nights like this that I wonder why I bother watching this popularity contest. I guess it pays to be 16 and in high school... year after year, young kids continue to stay on the show WAY too long because they've got the voter support.

a big part of the problem is the judges tell them they sound good. I mean, that 16 year old guy and the young chick both sounded TERRIBLE this week (and last week). pitch all over the place, and just sounding lame, like a high school talent show. even when there's no denying how brutal they sounded, the judges will sort of softshoe the criticism and play up all the "you sound so mature for your age" crap. the voters are sheep mostly, it seems.

Edited by Azazello1313

a big part of the problem is the judges tell them they sound good. I mean, that 16 year old guy and the young chick both sounded TERRIBLE this week (and last week). pitch all over the place, and just sounding lame, like a high school talent show. even when there's no denying how brutal they sounded, the judges will sort of softshoe the criticism and play up all the "you sound so mature for your age" crap. the voters are sheep mostly, it seems.

I disagree. It seems that most of the folks have been getting kicked square in the sack by the judges this year, harsher than usual IMO, but this year does blow.

The teenies make it through because the teenies all have cell phones and are texting in votes. People like Lilly don't make it because the teenies are thinking "what the foxx did she just sing" and her core audience doesn't watch crap like Idol.

I disagree. It seems that most of the folks have been getting kicked square in the sack by the judges this year, harsher than usual IMO, but this year does blow.

The teenies make it through because the teenies all have cell phones and are texting in votes. People like Lilly don't make it because the teenies are thinking "what the foxx did she just sing" and her core audience doesn't watch crap like Idol.

I agree with all of this. The judges have been more harsh this year, overall, I think. Part of it is that Paula is gone, and she never had a bad word to say about anybody. At least Kara CAN be critical. Ellen says pretty much what any of us could say... In other words, no really meaningful input whatsoever. I think what Az was trying to say is that the judges sometimes have a hard time being extremely critical of certain contestants, particularly the young ones. I honestly think the judges are regretting selecting the 16-year-old kid for the top 24... he has been terrible each and every week, but nobody wants to come out and say "We made a mistake by picking you." Not that it would make a difference if they did... He's 16, so more than likely, his entire school is voting for him because he's in their school, even though half of them probably don't know him personally, or watch the show, for that matter. The idea that that kid is now going to be one of the ten to go on tour makes me REALLY glad I've never wasted my money on an American Idol concert (my wife went once with her mom).

Or her core audience isn't quite ghey enough to vote.

I am only a little ghey and never have I voted for anyone on Idol.

+1... I've watched pretty much every season since Reuben and Clay Aiken were the finalists, in their entirety, but I've never even thought about actually voting. My wife, on the other hand, will vote for 5-6 contestants each week... some more than others, depending on who she likes the best. When the Asian dude left last week, they showed his parents (dad was crying), and she said "Oh, shoot, I should have voted for him too!" :wacko:

+1... I've watched pretty much every season since Reuben and Clay Aiken were the finalists, in their entirety, but I've never even thought about actually voting. My wife, on the other hand, will vote for 5-6 contestants each week... some more than others, depending on who she likes the best. When the Asian dude left last week, they showed his parents (dad was crying), and she said "Oh, shoot, I should have voted for him too!" :wacko:

Exactly! If you aren't voting for who you like then you can't really say much when they don't get enough voted and get sent home.

Exactly! If you aren't voting for who you like then you can't really say much when they don't get enough voted and get sent home.

My point was that she votes for over half of the contestants, which I find sort of funny.

Listen here people.

Simon is leaving after this season. This show will cease to exist without Simon.

Thus, they put through these talentless twats to basically kill the show. Adding Ellen was another calculated move to cause interest to wane in this show.

American Idol will be done after this season.