[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coworker looking for a good response to situation at work

Big Country

I've got a coworker that is looking for a good response to a situation at work.

She is married.

She had someone that she works with, I am guessing fairly regularly though she won't tell me who it is, that at some point in the last few weeks made a passing comment after a meeting about getting drinks. She ignored it and thought not much of it.

The other day, he asked her if she wanted to go to Starbucks and get a drink.

She is looking for some sort of response to basically say, not interested, without causing an incident, not that there is necessarily one imminent.

I told her that the next time, assuming there is one, that he asks her for a drink or something, to say something like, hold on, I'm finishing up our sexual harassment training class.

So, any serious and/or witty responses that I can pass on to her for consideration.

"I don't think it's appropriate, and wouldn't even if I wasn't married."

"Is my husband invited?"

What's the matter with her just saying "no thank you"?

All good ideas. If these don't work...then flick him in the nuts.

Its hard to tell the tone of the situation on the internets. However, I know plenty of people who get together after work or take a Starbucks break during work. Its not necessarily an adulterous situation, so I'd be careful on this. If there is any doubt, I'd seek a little clarification.

Its hard to tell the tone of the situation on the internets. However, I know plenty of people who get together after work or take a Starbucks break during work. Its not necessarily an adulterous situation, so I'd be careful on this. If there is any doubt, I'd seek a little clarification.

I agree. Plus some women interpret everything as a pass. So far from what I've read here I haven't seen anything that I would consider a blatant pass. I guess if it makes her feel uncomfortable tell her to just keep bringing up her husband a lot and he should get the hint. If he doesn't then she can go to a plan "B".