[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

University of North Dakota

Clubfoothead

University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux will be looking for a new mascot. Wonder what they'll pick?

Go Bison.

Unbelievable. It'll be interesting to see where they play hockey from now on. Engelstad threatened to stop construction on the $100+ million facility last time the controversy got hot and as a result decided to maintain ownership via family trust and rents it to the university. They've said that if the university changes mascot, the relationship between the two will end. I'm pretty sure there is another Engelstad building used by UND (something like the Library) named for his wife or some other relative. I'm not sure if there's a similar situation regarding that building.

This is very sad. I was in Bismarck last week before the final announcement and the whole state was buzzing waiting for the decision. Something tells me that this is not over.

On the Ralph Engelstad arena, I am not sure what is up with it, but knowing the way Ralph was, it may be dynamited. He was a bit of a nut job about things and the Fighting Sioux was one of them. The place it literally useless seeing there are emblems in like a quarter of the bricks used to build it with the Fighting Sioux head. All the seats will have to be replaced as well.

Bison - Sioux weekend will never be the same.

You know how hard it is to find a Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler birthday card nowadays?

Some poor guy couldn't even have a cake made for his kid...

BJ, you gotta link to that thread?

I would go for it....and just do a big red dot on my uniform and ask everyone if I can still be called Indians. Or just call it the North Dakota Columbuses because we discovered this land!

Edited by TimC

I would go for it....and just do a big red dot on my uniform and ask everyone if I can still be called Indians. Or just call it the North Dakota Columbuses because we discovered this land!

Or Irish like in Notre Dame?

This news is dissappointing as I can no longer use the

Sioux's * A * Girl's * Name

Clap***Clap***Clap*Clap*Clap

:wacko:

If you pull for any school that competes against Nort Dakota, you really need to upgrade... :D