[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible Black GOP Candidate for POTUS?

Perchoutofwater

I like everthing I've read about him so far, and the left is going to have a hard time calling him a racist.

The video is long, but well worth watching. The guy has charisma, and actually has experience at more than just being a politician.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I like everything I've read about him so far, and the left is going to have a hard time calling him a racist.

The video is long, but well worth watching. The guy has charisma, and actually has experience at more than just being a politician.

Ok, I clicked on the link and the first thing he said is "The bumble bee can fly because the bumble bee believes he can fly" :wacko:

He is a fire and brimstone preachy guy that's for sure.

Ok, I clicked on the link and the first thing he said is "The bumble bee can fly because the bumble bee believes he can fly" :wacko:

He is a fire and brimstone preachy guy that's for sure.

For some reason the link went to somewhere toward the end of his speech. I've fixed the link, you should really watch it.

the left is going to have a hard time calling him a racist.[/url]

That would obviously be the only reason for the GOP would put him on the ballot. Aren't Republicans getting tired of short term, contrived political maneuvers? After all, Palin and Michale Steele haven't exactly worked out for them.

I like everthing I've read about him so far, and the left is going to have a hard time calling him a racist.

Just so I've got this straight. Conservatives have spent the last two years lambasting Obama because he had little political experience, and because he was a great orator (I still don't know why eloquence is considered afailing in the conservative world, but it clearly is), and decrying race in politics. So of course you are now excited by a great orator with no political experience, and chose to focus on race.

Okeedokee.

PS does seem like a very good speaker.

PPS he beleives that abortion is wrong even in the case of rape or incest.

That would be a very consistent pro-life view that most politicians are simply too afraid to articulate. If you believe it is wrong to kill an unborn baby, then why would it suddenly not be wrong due to the circustances of conception?

Just so I've got this straight. Conservatives have spent the last two years lambasting Obama because he had little political experience, and because he was a great orator (I still don't know why eloquence is considered afailing in the conservative world, but it clearly is), and decrying race in politics. So of course you are now excited by a great orator with no political experience, and chose to focus on race.

Okeedokee.

PS does seem like a very good speaker.

Nobody claimed Obama lacked political experience, in fact people were critical of him because for the most part he lacked any real world experience, particularly any executive experience whether it be political or in the real world. Mr. Cain, definitely has executive experience, which in my mind is much better than political experience.

He has great presence and makes great points....and what he said about Pelosi "we have to pass the bill (healthcare) so we can tell you what's in it" :wacko:

but I personally think we need to do away with our current system and have a president that speaks for the people instead of the government....and the people should vote on policy rather than politicians with hidden agenda's...

it doesn't matter if you're democrat, Republican or Independent.....as long as we have the current system, our empire is slated to fall terribly in the near future like all previous empire's....

If you believe it is wrong to kill an unborn baby, then why would it suddenly not be wrong due to the circustances of conception?

Some people believe that in certain cases abortion is an option. Say a professional black woman, who is also a mother, is attacked and raped by a cracked out white guy. Some people believe that she should'nt have to give birth to the Good Day, Sunshine's kid.

:wacko:

Nobody claimed Obama lacked political experience

Please tell me you are making funny.

If not, how many quotes from recognized pundits and politicians will it take to prove to you that you are mistaken? I am pretty confident that I can find whatever over/under number you can possibly come up with that specifically criticized Obama for lack of political experience>

Savage Beatings,

I agree with you. If you are pro-life, it is definitely consistent to push through on rape/incest. And as you say, the only reason pro-lifers don't is that such a large majority of the US finds that abhorent. I was just pointing it out for those that found him appealing, and yet who can not reconcile pro lifeism with that morally repugnent 'exception'.

I think it will be tough considering he only got 26% in a primary election for a Senate seat in 2004. Even Obama got elected to Congress Perch . . . :wacko:

it doesn't matter if you're democrat, Republican or Independent.....as long as we have the current system, our empire is slated to fall terribly in the near future like all previous empire's....

agree completely. this is why i really cut back talking politics here a few years ago. frankly, i think about 80% of the people in this country are somewhere in the middle gray area. unfortunately, those representing us are on the outside 10% on both ends.

i fail to believe either "side" is right and the "you're blue, you're red" crap gets old.

but i think this guy certainly has a personable attitude. based upon the people we continue to elect, i don't see why this guy would be any worse or better than the manager at my local mcdonald's. there are no more patriots. in my mind, the last few elections for me have been picking the lesser of two evils.

Edited by rhippens

Curious...

Anyone else find it odd that the same "we the people" who are about to take back America are the same "we the people" who signed up for more of the same with Bush in '04? And didn't seem to mind that the "maverick" McCain morphed into a status quo lap dog in order to earn the GOP nomination in '08?

Take your pick America. You can either sign up for selling your ass to the government or letting the government sell your ass to the highest bidder.

Edited by detlef

Anyone else find it odd that the same "we the people" who are about to take back America are the same "we the people" who signed up for more of the same with Bush in '04? And didn't seem to mind that the "maverick" McCain morphed into a status quo lap dog in order to earn the GOP nomination in '08?

My neighbor down the street has a We the People sign up; first I thought he was some super patriot, but then I saw the Sarah Palin bumper sticker on his car.

Curious...

Take your pick America. You can either sign up for selling your ass to the government or letting the government sell your ass to the highest bidder.

:raiseshand:

But then I'm of the opinion most people don't want freedom, just their brand of shackles.