[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CVS Caremark

Brentastic

I worked there when I was in high school. The manager was a dick. When I needed to work fewer hours at the beginning of swim season, he just fired me instead. I was a damn good cashier. Damn good.

Their loss was Denny's gain though.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Not sure what position you're looking at with them, but my wife worked for them and hated it (it made her life and our family life miserable). They treat their employees like crap, don't have anywhere near enough staff to handle the workload, and are borderline incomptetent, As a Pharmacist my wife worked 14 hour shifts as the only Pharmacist on duty without being able to take a break to eat or use the bathroom (and no, it's not illegal because of an old forgotten loophole for Pharmacists when it comes to labor laws... we checked into that thoroughly). Of course these insane hours were never mentioned at all in the interview process so you might want to bring it up during yours. Not once when she worked there (not once) did she ever receive an accurate paycheck. They've got 12 monkeys throwing their crap at an abacus in Payroll apparantly. This wasn't just at one store either... my wife was a full-time float Pharmacist for them so she worked all throughout the Twin Cities area and they were all just horrible. But hey, good luck! :wacko:

Edited by Savage Beatings

Not sure what position you're looking at with them, but my wife worked for them and hated it (it made her life and our family life miserable). They treat their employees like crap, don't have anywhere near enough staff to handle the workload, and are borderline incomptetent, As a Pharmacist my wife worked 14 hour shifts as the only Pharmacist on duty without being able to take a break to eat or use the bathroom (and no, it's not illegal because of an old forgotten loophole for Pharmacists when it comes to labor laws... we checked into that thoroughly). Of course these insane hours were never mentioned at all in the interview process so you might want to bring it up during yours. Not once when she worked there (not once) did she ever receive an accurate paycheck. They've got 12 monkeys throwing their crap at an abacus in Payroll apparantly. This wasn't just at one store either... my wife was a full-time float Pharmacist for them so she worked all throughout the Twin Cities area and they were all just horrible. But hey, good luck! :wacko:

Good luck Brent. :tup:

I used to manage there. You wouldn't believe the whiners that I had to deal with. Some guy needed to leave early everyday to swim. I asked him if he was a fish or an f'n cashier and fired Flipper right there.

Then there was this hot chick that would occassionally come in and I wanted to work as much as possible so I could stare at her for the whole time. Her husband would come in and complain about her hours. Guy was a real jerk and once threatened to savagely beat me to a pulp. He was wearing some pansy ass Tavaris Jackson jersey so I wasn't scared at all.

So good luck to you. I hope you don't turn out like these two.

I used to manage there. You wouldn't believe the whiners that I had to deal with. Some guy needed to leave early everyday to swim. I asked him if he was a fish or an f'n cashier and fired Flipper right there.

Then there was this hot chick that would occassionally come in and I wanted to work as much as possible so I could stare at her for the whole time. Her husband would come in and complain about her hours. Guy was a real jerk and once threatened to savagely beat me to a pulp. He was wearing some pansy ass Tavaris Jackson jersey so I wasn't scared at all.

:wacko:

Oh and I worked for Arbor Drugs which was subsequently bought out by CVS for one month in 1986. I kept a 20 oz. bottle of coke open in the cooler and a half-pint of rum in my jacket. Those weren't bad days of work at all.

Thanks for the replies - I'm not sure the experiences mentioned apply because I'm not a pharmacist, nor would I be working at a store as a cashier/manager. The position is at their corporate office as a senior analyst. The phone interview went well today. And although it may be a terrible place to work, my current industry (student loans) is dying thanks to the Obama administration. We just had our 2nd round of layoffs - and even though I'm safe, we've had salary freezes for 2 straight years and there's no growth.

http://www.firstmarblehead.com/alternative...b-openings.html

I invested in this company. They are a private student loan lender. I know the subsidized government loan companies are cutting back but true private lending is going to grow in response. You add the ever growing rise to tuition which Obama will only fuel this fire and you have a growing market...

This company is based in Boston though. Not sure what type of analyst you are but they are looking for a vendor analyst.... It would be nice to have you on the inside feeding me info.

CVS is the Walmart of drug stores. They built one close to me and within the first year I went in and felt I needed a shower. It was dirty, disorganized and left me feeling unclean. If your in the market go with Walgreens! Classier operation.

CVS is the Walmart of drug stores. They built one close to me and within the first year I went in and felt I needed a shower. It was dirty, disorganized and left me feeling unclean. If your in the market go with Walgreens! Classier operation.

Wow, they're really getting a lot of hate in here. I can't say I know one way or the other, but I know for me and where I live, CVS always seems cleaner/nicer/more efficient and Walgreens the run-down cousin. There must be something to all of this since not many have anything good to say about them. The good thing about being an analyst is that it's not industry specific.

Wow, they're really getting a lot of hate in here. I can't say I know one way or the other, but I know for me and where I live, CVS always seems cleaner/nicer/more efficient and Walgreens the run-down cousin. There must be something to all of this since not many have anything good to say about them. The good thing about being an analyst is that it's not industry specific.

All the cvs down in Charleston are pretty nice, and the folks working there seem to be pretty good. Caremark is there rewards program is it not? Retail life and corporate analyst life are complete opposites. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

All the cvs down in Charleston are pretty nice, and the folks working there seem to be pretty good. Caremark is there rewards program is it not? Retail life and corporate analyst life are complete opposites. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks. I'll admit, I'm not overly excited about this particular job - their salary range was extremely low for the position.

Really? I'm pretty loyal to CVS (and it's rare for me to be brand-loyal at all) because the two I've used the most are always clean and the pharmacy folks are always helpful and cheerful. They know me by name, ask about the 6-month old, everything. Our Walgreens here isn't bad, but CVS kills it. :wacko:

Must be a geographic thing. I feel the same way but in the opposite! We use Rite Aid, though, entirely as the pharmacist for CVS is a nasty person. With 4 kids, I should have gone to medical school.

She always talked about the creepy guy with the Vette that would just stare and drool. Weird. :wacko: