[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There Is A Special Place In Hell

SEC=UGA

This is about the third story I have read in as many weeks of stuff like this happening. What the hell is wrong with people?

An 8-year-old boy is in critical condition after a driver ran a red light and hit the child in a southwest Atlanta crosswalk, then dragged him down the road.

Fulton County Sheriff's Office, Fulton County Sheriff's Office Cynthia Parham, 47, charged with running over and dragging an 8-year-old boy in SW Atlanta.

The incident occurred around 5 p.m. Monday at the intersection of the Stone Hogan Connector and Camp Creek Parkway, near I-285, said Sgt. Curtis Davenport of the Atlanta Police Department.

"The boy was dragged underneath the vehicle approximately 100 to 150 feet," he said, adding: "and the vehicle kept going."

The driver, Cynthia D. Parham, was arrested a short time later.

Parham, 47, who was charged with felony hit-and-run, serious injury by vehicle, failure to obey traffic device and failure to yield to a pedestrian, and was taken to the Fulton County Jail, where she will likely face a magistrate late Tuesday morning.

Davenport said the boy's mother was with her son and witnessed the incident. The boy's name has not been released.

Parham's nephew, Anthony Morris, said his aunt is distraught over the incident.

“As a whole, we never wanted anything to happen to the child. To the family, we apologize,” Morris told WSB-TV.

“She made an honest human mistake and before she made it home, she was reporting what she had done,” Morris said.

“I just don’t want it to be portrayed like she didn’t care about the little boy because she is distraught,” Morris told WSB.

Had one in Tucson a couple of weeks back that just pissed me off.... The Adam's Apple blew thru a red light and hit a minivan killing a little girl and her grandmother. The driver of the minivan survived, but lost her mother and daughter. Turns out the guy was driving on a suspended license, no insurance, etc, etc, etc....

He was treated by the paramedics (minor injuries, doesn't it always seem to work out that way), given a ticket for running the red light and sent on his merry way......

No criminal charges will be filed.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Had one in Tucson a couple of weeks back that just pissed me off.... The Adam's Apple blew thru a red light and hit a minivan killing a little girl and her grandmother. The driver of the minivan survived, but lost her mother and daughter. Turns out the guy was driving on a suspended license, no insurance, etc, etc, etc....

He was treated by the paramedics (minor injuries, doesn't it always seem to work out that way), given a ticket for running the red light and sent on his merry way......

No criminal charges will be filed.

I find that story, as presented, incredibly unlikely.

Davenport said the boy's mother was with her son and witnessed the incident. The boy's name has not been released.

I just cant even imagine the horror of seeing that as a parent. Prayers sent for them

yeah, stuff like this is sad as hell and pisses ya off to.

This happened about 15 years ago but happened down the road from me and the parent and child were friends of my wifes.

The boy was delivering papers in the morning and was at his pick up site. A 20 yo girl was coming home drunk and ran him over and dragged him down the block where he died. The girl went home and parked the car in the garage. When her dad saw the damage (which wasn't to bad) she said that she had hit an animal. So the father, unaware of what had happened to the boy began fixing the car in his driveway. A neighbor saw what was going on and decided to call the police. I know she was convicted but not sure what she got.

Atlanta is one of the worst places to drive. I blame some of it on NASCAR and some of it on small ladies with big SUVs.

Atlanta was a fine place to drive before all the Asians and Yankees moved down here. They don't know how to draft off the car in front of them and think that the speed limit is the law, pisses me off. Oh yeah, and they need to stay the F outta the fast lane, it isn't a cruising lane,it's a freaking passing lane.

Crap like this pisses me off, I find myself yelling at people now who are not paying attention while they drive. We have a no cell phone use while driving policy in the family. If they keep calling back then it must be important so I pull over.

I've almost been in 3 accidents the past few months because people are either texting or not paying attention while driving. One guy cut me off with my son in the car and I had to swerve off the road to avoid him. I followed him into the parking lot and let him have it, making him aware of what he did and how he put my family in danger because he wasn't paying attention.

Crap like this pisses me off, I find myself yelling at people now who are not paying attention while they drive. We have a no cell phone use while driving policy in the family. If they keep calling back then it must be important so I pull over.

I've almost been in 3 accidents the past few months because people are either texting or not paying attention while driving. One guy cut me off with my son in the car and I had to swerve off the road to avoid him. I followed him into the parking lot and let him have it, making him aware of what he did and how he put my family in danger because he wasn't paying attention.

AMEN. It's bad in a car - you'll sh!t your pants on a motorcycle.

Another thing that should be outlawed is two wimmens sitting in front having a conversation while one is driving. Invariably the one driving pays more attention to her conversation than she does piloting the vehicle and that's damn near as bad a a teenager on a cell phone. :wacko:

The new thing I see that pisses me off are people, usually teens, driving with their Ipod headphones on.... A girl the other day about got t-boned by an ambulance coming through an intersection because she couldn't hear it with her headphones/erbuds in. Ambulance had to swerve and come to a complete stop because of this ditz...

The new thing I see that pisses me off are people, usually teens, driving with their Ipod headphones on.... A girl the other day about got t-boned by an ambulance coming through an intersection because she couldn't hear it with her headphones/erbuds in. Ambulance had to swerve and come to a complete stop because of this ditz...

Yeah, that one really perplexes me.

I find that story, as presented, incredibly unlikely.

+gazillion. I call BS.

My mistake..... A week later the filed a Misdemeanor charge only after people started raising hell about the ticket he was given. Big freakin deal......

My mistake..... A week later the filed a Misdemeanor charge only after people started raising hell about the ticket he was given. Big freakin deal......

In all fairness you provided a pretty accurate description of what actually went down, much to my jaw dropping surprise. And that was posted prior to actual charges...wow is all I can say really.

I just cant even imagine the horror of seeing that as a parent. Prayers sent for them

I watched my youngest son get hit by a car when he crossed a street looking the wrong way. Your imagination will never come close to the reality.

Thankfully the car was going slow enough the driver was able to stop and my boy was only slightly banged up.

So when I'm in an especially pissy mood about something somewhere where I think I was wronged, I remember the mercy that was given to me and my family that day. Changes a lot of bad thinking.