[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your favorite song with a womans name in the title

whomper

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought she covered that and it was originally written by a man. Thus, "Bobby" was likely "Bobbie", and thus a woman.

Don't know about all of that ... but the "Me" in the version sung by her references Janis ... so, title (sorta) is "Janis Joplin and Bobby McGee" ...

I thought she covered that and it was originally written by a man. Thus, "Bobby" was likely "Bobbie", and thus a woman.

Kris Kristofferson

Correcto.... written and sung by Kris and also Roger Miller covered it.

So the version by Janis wouldn't qualify, but the other two versions would. LOL

Correcto.... written and sung by Kris and also Roger Miller covered it.

So the version by Janis wouldn't qualify, but the other two versions would. LOL

Mind you, considering the massive dereliction of the rules already being shown, this shouldn't even register.

Can I get a ruling on "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang"?

There's a ton of Ted Nugent and AC/DC songs that fit that mold... 'Cat Scratch Fever', 'Giving the Dog a Bone', etc...

Well, in that case the Ted Nugent song Thunder Thighs qualifies as well. :wacko:

The title is French for "My Dearest Love."

Not to beat a dead horse, but wouldn't that be "Mon Cheri Amour"?

Translating a title into French, but not actually translating a third of it into french? Kinda dumb.

Not to beat a dead horse, but wouldn't that be "Mon Cheri Amour"?

Translating a title into French, but not actually translating a third of it into french? Kinda dumb.

I think it's actually "ma cheri" since the possessive depends on the gender of the noun......I think. "Ma" for female, "mon" for male.

I think it's actually "ma cheri" since the possessive depends on the gender of the noun......I think. "Ma" for female, "mon" for male.

Except in the case of Montster

..... "Mon chéri" if said to a man. "Ma chérie" if said to a lady.

Means "my darling, my sweetheart".

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/french_to_englis...mon_cherie.html

Ah, there you go. I knew there was a masculine / feminine element in it somewhere.

God languages with gender specific pronouns and articles are ghey. This is why I gave up learning German. 15 different ways to say "THE".

Der, die, dem, den, das. . . . f' it.

God languages with gender specific pronouns and articles are ghey. This is why I gave up learning German. 15 different ways to say "THE".

Der, die, dem, den, das. . . . f' it.

I did French for years and hated every second of it. Not only that, I have the same gift for languages that Jamarcus Russell has for delicate 20 yard passes splitting coverage.

I did French for years and hated every second of it. Not only that, I have the same gift for languages that Jamarcus Russell has for delicate 20 yard passes splitting coverage.

In the immortal words of Steve Martin, "Those French have a different word for everything!" :wacko: