[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Critters!

rocknrobn26

So the wife starts yelling this morning...."Look at this!!!" I look and there is at least two buckets of gravel on our side walk by the front stoop! :wacko:

We've had a skunk before there but no way did he/she do that kind of excavation. :tup:

I'm worried that my stoop will cave in.

I want to get rid of whatever critter is there.

Do I call an exterminator first?

Should I replace the stoop?

Who do I call? I ain't f'n w/ a skunk. (Yeah I'm a city boy...I don't mess w/ critters, but if you want to know about how to deal w/ knife fights...I'm your guy!)

Help! :tup::lol::lol:

throw a smoke bomb down there, you'll find out soon enough.

haha. please charge the video camera beforehand....

in all seriousness, if you don't feel like dealing with whatever it might be when you flush it out, it's probably best to just call someone right from the start.

Likely one of these bassturds :wacko: A .22 or sturdy shovel should do the trick.

Could well be.

Groundhogs are excellent burrowers, using burrows for sleeping, rearing young, and hibernating. The average groundhog has been estimated to move approximately 1 m3 (35 cu ft), or 320 kg (710 lb), of dirt when digging a burrow. Though groundhogs are the most solitary of the marmots, several individuals may occupy the same burrow. Groundhog burrows usually have two to five entrances, providing groundhogs their primary means of escape from predators. Burrows are particularly large, with up to 14 metres (46 ft) of tunnels buried up to 1.5 metres (5 ft) underground, and can pose a serious threat to agricultural and residential development by damaging farm machinery and even undermining building foundations.[4]
Edited by Ursa Majoris

I still think it's a skunk, but whatever it is we should find out soon, as a guy is coming over to set a trap tomorrow. $75.

skunks can do that kind of burrowing. If you've had problems with it before, I almost guarantee that's what it is.

And :wacko: at:

It was nice of it to put the gravel in buckets for you.
Edited by CaptainHook

I still think it's a skunk, but whatever it is we should find out soon, as a guy is coming over to set a trap tomorrow. $75.

If it was a skunk, I'd think you'd smell it. :wacko: I'm thinkin' whoopazz is right - ground hog.

Another possibility, at an old house a few years ago we had some digging around the foundation. Thought it was a critter, but come to find out it was the neighbors dog going after a chipmunk.

so, what was it?

Not sure, yet. But we caught 3 chipmunks. :tup:

Robn's long lost escaped hamster.

:tup: Read above.

Its either a ground hog or Gilthorp

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Dude, they haven't caught it yet? I hope you're not paying by the hour, 'cause he's making a killing!

Ooops! Could have sworn I answered this. Sorry.

We caught nothing! :lol::tup::lol:

The "trapper" thinks it was a skunk looking to eat some tasty chipmunks one night, but didn't stick around. 3 times a chipmunk set off the trap, but nothing else, not even a neighborhood cat! :wacko: He only charged us $50. Now I have to consider what to do about the undermining. :tup:

We were trapping squirrels and caught a skunk. Now because a skunk needs to stand on its hind legs, cradle its tail like a rifle, and aim, they can't spray you in a Have-a-Heart trap. You see the stink lines emanate from the tail's tip.

So if it returns, I'd buy the trap and do it yourself.

Such is my knowledge of skunks.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

We were trapping squirrels and caught a skunk. Now because a skunk needs to stand on its hind legs, cradle its tail like a rifle, and aim, they can't spray you in a Have-a-Heart trap. You see the stink lines emanate from the tail's tip.

So if it returns, I'd buy the trap and do it yourself.

Such is my knowledge of skunks.

Believe it or not trapping them in our area is OK, but you can't release it away from your property or kill it. :wacko:

Many years ago, a neighbor was trapping squirrels and releasing them a few miles away in a forest preserve. About the third or fourth trip he was stopped by a Forest Ranger and given a ticket for $100. The trapper is cheaper. :tup: