[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Baristas" Coffee Shop

Seahawks21

I had the day off yesterday so I took the opportunity to make some QT for my 6 year old nephew, who had a day off of school for some reason or another. We were planning to hit up the Pacific Science Center in Seattle and then catch the latest Shrek film in 3D. About a mile down the road from picking him up, I pulled into "Baristas" coffee stand to grab my daily latte. We were then greeted by a very attractive 20-ish girl wearing pasties, chaps and panties. There wasn't any mention anywhere on the signage about the coffee stand not being "family friendly", and the name of the business didn't seem incredibly suggestive. I don't know about the rest of the country, but these things are popping up EVERYWHERE in the Seattle suburbs. I literally know of a dozen off them right off the top of my head in about a 50-mile radius. Now I get to be the really cool uncle that is probably not going to be trusted anytime soon to take my nephew out.

That got me thinking a little bit about where all this is headed. Have we really fallen this far in terms of decency? Coffee shops? It got me thinking about what might be next. Adult hamburger drive-thrus? Convenience stores? I know kids these days are over-saturated in exposure to sexuality nowadays, but are we done even acting like we care what they are exposed to? Furthermore, most of the girls that work at these places are like 18-23 and think it is cool to be the skank in the window. It got me kind of feeling sorry for them. I guess strippers need day jobs too.

Wow, that story was absolutely nothing like what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be a rail on the sort of names places get when an idea has officially jumped the shark. I was expecting you to describe a place so contrived and vanilla that it made Starbucks seem edgy. Because that's exactly what the name "Baristas" evokes for me.

"Ooh, let's name our place after the edgy, pierced malcontents that typically make everyone's drinks. Only here, they'll be even lamer than that and bad at what they do."

Needless to say, I stand corrected. :wacko:

cowboys Expresso is the one I like.

Edit to add....there is a filter on Cow + Girls...:wacko:

yep, those ones came along early in the game and have probably been around for 3-4 years now. I've heard they have pretty solid talent. I saw a shady looking little black box of a building on Aurora the other day and on the side of the building it read "Nude Baristas". Can that really be legal?

yep, those ones came along early in the game and have probably been around for 3-4 years now. I've heard they have pretty solid talent. I saw a shady looking little black box of a building on Aurora the other day and on the side of the building it read "Nude Baristas". Can that really be legal?

To be honest, I've been wondering about how they can work in a "food prep area" wearing a bikini. I mean, from a stand point of regulations. And, if my bar is a "food prep" area in the eyes of the health dept, then so is an espresso machine. There's also the chance of scalding steam and what not.

Again, I've personally got nothing against a hot chick in a bikini serving me pretty much anything. Just wondering how they don't get crap for what they're doing.

To be honest, I've been wondering about how they can work in a "food prep area" wearing a bikini. I mean, from a stand point of regulations. And, if my bar is a "food prep" area in the eyes of the health dept, then so is an espresso machine. There's also the chance of scalding steam and what not.

Again, I've personally got nothing against a hot chick in a bikini serving me pretty much anything. Just wondering how they don't get crap for what they're doing.

Hmmm, cops, coffee, bikini. Throw in a couple dounuts and I'll tell you how they get away with it....

Hmmm, cops, coffee, bikini. Throw in a couple dounuts and I'll tell you how they get away with it....

Dude, if all I had to worry about was keeping cops happy, my life would be a whole lot easier. Let's just say that inspectors are cut from a different cloth.

Dude, if all I had to worry about was keeping cops happy, my life would be a whole lot easier. Let's just say that inspectors are cut from a different cloth.

could vary state to state especially if they don't serve food anywhere in the establishment

I had the day off yesterday so I took the opportunity to make some QT for my 6 year old nephew, who had a day off of school for some reason or another. We were planning to hit up the Pacific Science Center in Seattle and then catch the latest Shrek film in 3D. About a mile down the road from picking him up, I pulled into "Baristas" coffee stand to grab my daily latte. We were then greeted by a very attractive 20-ish girl wearing pasties, chaps and panties. There wasn't any mention anywhere on the signage about the coffee stand not being "family friendly", and the name of the business didn't seem incredibly suggestive. I don't know about the rest of the country, but these things are popping up EVERYWHERE in the Seattle suburbs. I literally know of a dozen off them right off the top of my head in about a 50-mile radius. Now I get to be the really cool uncle that is probably not going to be trusted anytime soon to take my nephew out.

That got me thinking a little bit about where all this is headed. Have we really fallen this far in terms of decency? Coffee shops? It got me thinking about what might be next. Adult hamburger drive-thrus? Convenience stores? I know kids these days are over-saturated in exposure to sexuality nowadays, but are we done even acting like we care what they are exposed to? Furthermore, most of the girls that work at these places are like 18-23 and think it is cool to be the skank in the window. It got me kind of feeling sorry for them. I guess strippers need day jobs too.

You forgot the important part.........

How was the :wacko:

I wish we had a coffee shop like that.

Do they cater? They would be perfect for our fantasy draft party.

We couldn't handle that in Texas, someone would get hurt ...

Married men, Do not forget to throw away your empty Barista cup, the wifey might get pissed. It has to be day work for strippers; however, you know it can't pay much and most strippers (at least the good ones) are spoiled by the late night partying and the easy money, so I have to think that maybe these are girls that are thinking of going into stripping -or- Barista's is part of the strip bar owner's 'diversification plan'.

Has the entire world caught the ghey? We need more of this, not less. :wacko:

Again, a voice of reason in the wilderness.