[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Helen Thomas retires over recent comments made

MikesVikes

Helen's been covering the White House since 1960. She's 89 years old, but is taking an early retirement. :wacko:

On a May 27 video, Thomas says Israelis should "get the hell out of Palestine," suggesting they go to Germany, Poland or the U.S.

link

No more "Thank you Mr. President."

Edited by MikesVikes

Thanks. Didn't see that one. How could anyone not be a fan of hers? (at least before she said what she did?)

I didn't know she was a controversial figure.

She's a crothchety old bitch with a serious supersized sense of self worth. Oooooo, she's been asking pointed, snarkey, questions to presidents since Grant, she's special, we must all bow down to her... and she expected it.

later with her, finally. actually, since she is so worried about natives, then why is she here in the first place? my mother's mother's mother (haha) was full blood Cherokee, this lady can take her own advice and get the F* out. According to her, I have the right to slap her and give her a ticket back to wherever she is genetically from. As a matter of fact, I think she owes us rent.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

after watching the video of what she said....I was wrong for saying what she said was out of place...

I, for some reason imagined her saying this at some speech or something....she said it in front of a camera after being asked what she thought....

...and she's right...but when you bash a group of people who are in a dominant role in this country...even though the comment doesn't pertain to them, but rather their people, then she is going to get pressure from all around to retire..

after watching the video of what she said....I was wrong for saying what she said was out of place...

I, for some reason imagined her saying this at some speech or something....she said it in front of a camera after being asked what she thought....

...and she's right...but when you bash a group of people who are in a dominant role in this country...even though the comment doesn't pertain to them, but rather their people, then she is going to get pressure from all around to retire..

i cannot figure out how her anti-semitism can ever be right. why would any jewish person want to go to Poland after how they have been treated there in the past? so you are saying that Auschwitz can be re-opened as a resort? And who said all Jews are from Poland or Europe? that is either insane or extremely ignorant. Has she ever heard of Abraham? Moses? Where does she think the origins of Judaism occured? "Let my people go..." Parting the Red Sea, they didn't part the Danube or the Rhine, it was the Red Sea. Exodus. OMG how ignorant. :wacko:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

That rationalization didn't help Jimmy the Greek.

Don't think the circumstances of the interview really matter all that much but the interview actually was taking place with a rabbi at the white house.

Don't think the circumstances of the interview really matter all that much but the interview actually was taking place with a rabbi at the white house.

they do if you misread what the setting was....I don't even know how I misinterpreted it as her getting in front of a group of people and shoving her opinion down their throats....

i cannot figure out how her anti-semitism can ever be right. why would any jewish person want to go to Poland after how they have been treated there in the past? so you are saying that Auschwitz can be re-opened as a resort? And who said all Jews are from Poland or Europe? that is either insane or extremely ignorant. Has she ever heard of Abraham? Moses? Where does she think the origins of Judaism occured? "Let my people go..." Parting the Red Sea, they didn't part the Danube or the Rhine, it was the Red Sea. Exodus. OMG how ignorant. :wacko:

your comment is quite entertaining to say the least...

occupation is wrong, no matter how you slice it and we were wrong for doing what we did to the Natives....

She was born in Kentucky. Raised in Detroit, Michigan. Her parents were from Lebanon.

Helen Thomas' parents were from Lebanon? While it was under British rule? "Thomas" isn't exactly an Arabic name. Or, did the mooslims start going under cover YEARS ago for the eventual takeover of the US?

Helen Thomas' parents were from Lebanon? While it was under British rule? "Thomas" isn't exactly an Arabic name. Or, did the mooslims start going under cover YEARS ago for the eventual takeover of the US?

from wiki

Thomas was born in Winchester, Kentucky.[4] Her parents, Mary (née Rowady) and George Thomas, were Lebanese immigrants from Tripoli, Lebanon;[5][6][7] her father's surname had originally been "Antonious" before being anglicized to Thomas at Ellis Island.[8] Thomas was raised as a Christian in the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch.[9] She grew up in Detroit, Michigan, and attended Wayne University (now Wayne State University), graduating with a bachelor's degree in English in 1942.[10]

After Nesenoff posted the video online, Thomas apologized in a statement. “I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians,” she said “They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon."

It was not enough to quiet the uproar. Nesenoff is looking for something more personal. “She owes me an apology,” he says. “She owes my son an apology.”

Evidently the guy wh asked the question is a real piece of work also....

She's a crothchety old bitch with a serious supersized sense of self worth. Oooooo, she's been asking pointed, snarkey, questions to presidents since Grant, she's special, we must all bow down to her... and she expected it.

+1. And she smells like moth balls.