[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tyranny is coming

dmarc117

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/A...o-Tyranny-.aspx

In our times, American democracy is being dismantled, piece by piece, before our very eyes by the current administration in Washington, and few people seem to be concerned about it.

The president's poll numbers are going down because increasing numbers of people disagree with particular policies of his, but the damage being done to the fundamental structure of this nation goes far beyond particular counterproductive policies.

Just where in the Constitution of the United States does it say that a president has the authority to extract vast sums of money from a private enterprise and distribute it as he sees fit to whomever he deems worthy of compensation? Nowhere.

I fail to see the humor found by others in this article.

the laugh cause they are the ones getting the handouts.

please enlighten about who all in the tailgate has the point of view that they have because they are getting handouts from the government.

this should be fun. If unable to pick a huddler or two - we might have to go with them having a different opinion for some other reason

This is funny. This is the exact same thing the left was doing when GWB was in office. Only NOW is it hysteria. Back then it was legit. is this the right time to say "What comes around, goes around"?

:tup:

---

E2A: I'm sorry, maybe I should have been more specific. I'm neither left nor right. Call me a waffling middler if you must, but the point of my link/joke was merely to point out that dchickenlittle was back to his old the "Book of Eli apocalypse" is upon us tricks. Nothing more, nothing less. Why do you righties always have to politicize everything? :wacko:

Edited by darin3

This is funny. This is the exact same thing the left was doing when GWB was in office. Only NOW is it hysteria. Back then it was legit. is this the right time to say "What comes around, goes around"?

You know, I'd like to see some of these posts. I know both you and caddyman have said as much, but I just don't remember anyone from the left (with the possible exception of skins) who used terms like traitor, tyrant, secession, rebellion or civil war in their rhetoric.

I may be wrong, but my aged memory just doesn't recall. I know I was a pretty vocal critic, but I just don't recall that level of accusation.

BJ, do you think you could find it? I honestly would like to know so I can see if my memory serves or betrays me.

You know, I'd like to see some of these posts. I know both you and caddyman have said as much, but I just don't remember anyone from the left (with the possible exception of skins) who used terms like traitor, tyrant, secession, rebellion or civil war in their rhetoric.

I may be wrong, but my aged memory just doesn't recall. I know I was a pretty vocal critic, but I just don't recall that level of accusation.

BJ, do you think you could find it? I honestly would like to know so I can see if my memory serves or betrays me.

:wacko: Tosberg was not in the Tailgate when Bush was in office. But I did see "secede" used in the sense of "Let (fill in state) secede." whey they did something the poster did not like.

Edited by Big John

It's not people like this that deserve bashing, but rather the conservative hawks that use heroes like this to forward thier political agenda. The men and women who are fighting in Iraq deserve all the accolades we can muster and more. The a$$h0le that sent them there in the first place by lying to the American people deserves impeachment.

Cool, I did (and still do) think he needed to be impeached for doing a bad job, but isn't there a difference between impeachment, which follows the structure of our existing government and things like secession, revolution or civil war? I sure think there is.

Did anyone ever call him a traitor or a tyrant? Or did I? :wacko:

Cool, I did (and still do) think he needed to be impeached for doing a bad job, but isn't there a difference between impeachment, which follows the structure of our existing government and things like secession, revolution or civil war? I sure think there is.

Did anyone ever call him a traitor or a tyrant? Or did I? :wacko:

:tup: - you really wanna know the answer to that?

:wacko: - you really wanna know the answer to that?

I do. If you haven't noticed, I like to always back my arguments with factual data from links, etc. I would truly like to know if this is indeed tit-for-tat, or if the level of rhetoric has been raised way beyond what the left did during the Shrub. If I did it, I'll cotton to it. :tup:

(And drop that argument for good)

Edited by cre8tiff

Well, since you used the past tense, you can be forgiven as simply someone who was duped and/or found the alternative equally distasteful.

I am referring to those who still support him despite his total disregard for the American way. Who support him despite a Stalinesque inclination to bury any information that doesn't conform to his agenda, typically at the expense of the welfare of this country. Who don't seem to be bothered by the fact that... Oh for godsakes! Are you honestly going to make me outline the litany of insanely horrific shortcomings and violations of this administration? Do you live beneath a rock?

In short, those who continue to support a leader who continually acts above the law are cowards. Those who follow a leader who continually violates the fundamentals that this country were founded on is a traitor.

Keep in mind, the absolute nature of my choice of words was chosen because this is exactly what anyone with the courage to stand up and call this a-hole what he really is branded as.

I think Bush and Cheney are traitors. I am convinced that history will paint them as such.

Cre8, in your defense, you did state that the word "traitor" might be taking it a bit too far. I don't have enough, ummm, patience to search much deeper, but you may be right about your personal statements.

ETA: Actually here is your quote in response to Chavez saying that "taitor" was an awfully strong word.

Tell that to any one of the number of right wing supporters that throw that about with inpunity.

You did not actually admonish det, but that is really neither here nor there, you did not, in that post use the word traitor.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Cre8, in your defense, you did state that the word "traitor" might be taking it a bit too far. I don't have enough, ummm, patience to search much deeper, but you may be right about your personal statements.

This is good enough for me to drop the idea that the same sort of things weren't being said about GW.

Dangit, and the view was so nice from my high horse, too. Thanks for searching.