[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anthony Gonzalas

Grimm74

Did a search for similar threads but not much out there. I understand PG and AC did well filling in, but A Gonz was a first round pick and if I remember correctly Manning really liked the guy.

What do the homers have to say? I have not seen him in the preseason but did not know if they were being careful with him this preseason.

Thanks

Did a search for similar threads but not much out there. I understand PG and AC did well filling in, but A Gonz was a first round pick and if I remember correctly Manning really liked the guy.

What do the homers have to say? I have not seen him in the preseason but did not know if they were being careful with him this preseason.

Thanks

Ditto, I am interested as well here.

I've been a Colts fan for a while and I really don't care for Gonz. They drafted him to replace Stoakley and he never did. Not tough enough, does have decent hands but I never thought he was a perfect fit. Would not be suprised to see AC start. His performance last year can't be ignored.

The question I always had was if he was a true #2, never found out last year as he went down in the first game. I don't think he will be a true #2 since I see Dallas Clark in that role. I see him as a #3 at best on this team, but there are 2 other legit options in Garcon and Collie.

It's really a toss up between Garcon, Collie, and Gonzalez for the WR2 role in IND. All guys have shown some flash and the WR2 in IND is worth rostering as a FF WR3 at least if you can figure out who is going to take that spot.

From what I have seen so far this year, it appears that Garcon has a leg up on the wideout opposite Wayne. He's fast enough and strong enough to man the position and he shined at times last year, particularly in the AFC championship game. Garcon's learning curve has also been greater because he played DIII ball in college, but it appears that he has caught up to the pro game.

I don't think that position is Garcon's exclusively, but it would seem to get him on the field with more opportunity than Collie and Gonzalez and he can probably be counted on to get 5 to 6 catches a game regularly. Collie and Gonzalez appear to be in a fight for the slot position, and both have games and makeup suited for that spot. Unfortunately for Gonzalez, Collie appears to have Manning's eye and has turned out to be more of a difficult matchup for opposing Ds as well as having superb hands and concentration.

That makes Gonzelez the odd man out in the group, and it might take an injury or a substantial developmental reversal by Garcon or Collie for him to get significant targets. He's in a tough spot in that he doesn't have Garcon's physical ability, strength, and speed and he doesn't have Collie's concentration, hands, and knack to find the hole in the secondary - he's kind of a tweener on the team and that puts him in a tough spot right now.

Full disclosure: I own both Garcon and Gonzalez in multiple leagues.

I've been a Colts fan for a while and I really don't care for Gonz. They drafted him to replace Stoakley and he never did. Not tough enough, does have decent hands but I never thought he was a perfect fit. Would not be suprised to see AC start. His performance last year can't be ignored.

:wacko: Um ok.

Garcon looks to be the no. 2 guy but I agree with the above, a WRBC more likely. Like Garcon's value and like Gonzalez value later in the draft. Aimed for Garcon and missed him, was bummed out.

Garcon's the #2 and I'd be shocked if that changed. AG getting or sharing the #3 role would be a success if he can stay healthy.

I wouldn't be shocked if he had the second best receiving numbers of any Colt this year. I also would not be shocked if he was fifth. He is getting plenty of looks in the preseason and practice. If he stays healthy, he could have a pretty good year.

I wouldn't be shocked if he had the second best receiving numbers of any Colt this year. I also would not be shocked if he was fifth. He is getting plenty of looks in the preseason and practice. If he stays healthy, he could have a pretty good year.

2 key words