[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you go RB/RB/RB

delfamdelfam

I'm not to concerned about TJ, he's averaging 3.1 yards per carry and Charles is averaging 7 yards per carry. Charles is the first player in the history of the game to rush for over 1,100 yards with less than 200 carries.

oh, I agree and I hope TJ gets a lot of carries which will wear down D's for Charles so he can use his explosiveness on a front 7 that can't catch him...

in a PPR I'll definitely take Charles, but I may get a little too cute by waiting an extra round...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if JC is there in the 3rd, he'll probably be there in the 4th

in a PPR I'll definitely take Charles, but I may get a little too cute by waiting an extra round...

Where are you coming up with the rationale of Jamal being available in the 4th round of PPR leagues? MDC's current database of 186 PPR mocks has his ADP at 3.1and he is gone in 94% of the drafs by pick 3.5. In one of the 186 drafts he lasted until 3.8; and never picked later. You aren't being cute by getting him in the 4th in PPR as much as you are playing with some horrendous FF owners.

Where are you coming up with the rationale of Jamal being available in the 4th round of PPR leagues? MDC's current database of 186 PPR mocks has his ADP at 3.1and he is gone in 94% of the drafs by pick 3.5. In one of the 186 drafts he lasted until 3.8; and never picked later. You aren't being cute by getting him in the 4th in PPR as much as you are playing with some horrendous FF owners.

I haven't drafted yet...and I think you need to re-read what you said considering he's not even an every down back...

now if I said I would wait until the late 2nd to take Andre Johnson, then yeah I would be playing with some horrendous Fantasy owners....but I think hanging out at the Huddle too long has caused you to overestimate the average fantasy owner....either that or you overestimated Charles.....

I'm not saying he's fools gold, but I think I might prefer to go with a WR in the 3rd and then see who is there at RB in the 4th and that is where I like Charles....

and ps. don't be so touchy, it's just fantasy football...

The WR's I passed on in the 2nd round where White,Johnson,Jennings, and Jackson. Johnson,Moss,Wayne,Marshall, and Austin where all gone. I felt Grant was better value with Packers explosive offense.

Bad move IMO. Roddy White is going to be a top 5 WR this year, I suspect top 3. Jennings will have better numbers than last year. I would have taken any of those 3 WRs over Grant.

I haven't drafted yet...and I think you need to re-read what you said considering he's not even an every down back...

Meh. There might be 9 or so consensus every down backs and 7 are generally going to be gone by pick 1.8 to 1.10. In PPR leagues another 8-10 RBs are going to be picked before round 4 starts.

now if I said I would wait until the late 2nd to take Andre Johnson, then yeah I would be playing with some horrendous Fantasy owners....but I think hanging out at the Huddle too long has caused you to overestimate the average fantasy owner....either that or you overestimated Charles.....

I'm not saying he's fools gold, but I think I might prefer to go with a WR in the 3rd and then see who is there at RB in the 4th and that is where I like Charles....

and ps. don't be so touchy, it's just fantasy football....

:wacko:

You've posted about Jamal Charles "being available in the 3rd means he'll probably be available in the 4th" in PPR leagues on more than one occasion. I just assume most of the people consistently posting here generally premise the discussion incorporating somewhat standard rules while drafting against somewhat knowledge owners.

I provided a statistical breakdown from a large sample size in PPR league Mocks that really had nothing to do with my personal opinion or the Huddle. By the way, in the WCOFF mocks where you have to start 3 wide receivers? Jamal slipped, at the most, to the 3.6 spot less than 1% of the time in their 225 draft sample size.

I'm not saying you need to or should draft JC in round 2 or even 3. Don't draft him in the 4th if you don't want him. I'm just saying counting on him "probably" being available in Round 4 for PPR leagues is only happening in the Statistically Anomalous Fantasy Football League. If you are in a PPR league against knowledgeable owners there generally isn't a reason to break JC down if you aren't willing to spend a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick.

Edited by bushwacked

Sorry, my bad. Just looked at the draft recap. I took Gore, Turner, Roddy White, then Mendenhall. The rbs left were Benson, Moreno, Greene, McCoy, Charles (taken one pick before I was going to nab him in the next round :\, Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, and PTCruiser. Major dropoff after that.

Sorry, my bad. Just looked at the draft recap. I took Gore, Turner, Roddy White, then Mendenhall. The rbs left were Benson, Moreno, Greene, McCoy, Charles (taken one pick before I was going to nab him in the next round :\, Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, and PTCruiser. Major dropoff after that.

Looks like you had a nice run.I'm trying to think if I would take Benson or Mendenhall...That offense scares me without Ben to start.

In a league where it is 1 ppr, 1 pt every 10 rush/rec, 1 pt. 25 pass, and all TDs 6 points, I had pick 8 and went...

Rodgers, yeah, couldn't believe he was still here....

Randy Moss.....Ditto...

Pierre Thomas

LeSean McCoy

Tony Gonzalez

Ahmad Bradshaw

Percy Harvin

Anthony Gonzo

Arian Foster

Jermaine Gresham....

So to answer your question....No....LOL! Good luck...

I just did in the Prime Time HAG draft going on. But I'm a known rb whore. :wacko:

1/2 pt PPR league, Had the 6th pick in the draft, took Gore at 6, Ryan Matthews on the way back through. Jamal Charles almost made it back to me at 3.6 but went 2 picks before I think. Colston and DJax were left when it was my turn. I have D-Jax in two leagues already so passed on him. Thought hard about Colston but decided to go with Shonn Greene.

I'll be starting all 3, along with Schaub who I got in the 4th, followed by my two starting wrs the next two rounds, Hakeem Nicks and Hines Ward.

I personally wouldn't have done that, but we all have opinions. Good luck.

It's not nessesarily an opinion, but more a strategy and not a bad one. There are teams who stack up on QB's and WR's and are week at the RB. You can at times get a pretty whicked deal stacking up on RB's... But it's a risk but sometimes you have to dump the mold in order to get a winning edge.

It's not nessesarily an opinion, but more a strategy and not a bad one. There are teams who stack up on QB's and WR's and are week at the RB. You can at times get a pretty whicked deal stacking up on RB's... But it's a risk but sometimes you have to dump the mold in order to get a winning edge.

If I am drafting from the 5 hole, I could possibly get A. Johnson, Brees, and Steve Smith. I have the best WR in the game, one of the two or three best QBs, and another top 10 WR, a position where there will be 36 starters. I would probably never draft a Qb in the 2nd round, but I can see a much easier path to a championship from the scenario I described compared to the one posted.

Meh. There might be 9 or so consensus every down backs and 7 are generally going to be gone by pick 1.8 to 1.10. In PPR leagues another 8-10 RBs are going to be picked before round 4 starts.

You've posted about Jamal Charles "being available in the 3rd means he'll probably be available in the 4th" in PPR leagues on more than one occasion. I just assume most of the people consistently posting here generally premise the discussion incorporating somewhat standard rules while drafting against somewhat knowledge owners.

I provided a statistical breakdown from a large sample size in PPR league Mocks that really had nothing to do with my personal opinion or the Huddle. By the way, in the WCOFF mocks where you have to start 3 wide receivers? Jamal slipped, at the most, to the 3.6 spot less than 1% of the time in their 225 draft sample size.

I'm not saying you need to or should draft JC in round 2 or even 3. Don't draft him in the 4th if you don't want him. I'm just saying counting on him "probably" being available in Round 4 for PPR leagues is only happening in the Statistically Anomalous Fantasy Football League. If you are in a PPR league against knowledgeable owners there generally isn't a reason to break JC down if you aren't willing to spend a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick.

alright, maybe I haven't made myself clear, and I'm not being smart in any way...

but I like Charles, I just feel his value lies in the 4th round and if someone takes him in the 3rd, then they like him more than me - the consensus shows that there will be at least 1 drafter that likes Charles more than I do so I probably won't own him which is unfortunate....but the 3rd round is better served for a WR or TE because I feel I can get a more consistent player in those positions while there are a bunch of RB's in Charles' range that I feel I can get in the 4th.....but he's at the top of that group...

also...I'm not sure what group your consensus consists of...if they are Huddlers or just overall, but if you get 10 or 12 huddlers, one of them is going to take him in the 3rd at the latest...

but if you're talking about your average FF'er who follows football religiously, but not as much as we do on a FF level, then you'll likely see Charles in the 4th if he was there in the 3rd because of his perceived value....he's either "a steal in the 3rd" or "overvalued in the 3rd"....I'm one of the few that thinks he's right in the middle and I'd take him in the 4th if he were available to me and maybe...maybe late 3rd depending on which way the draft goes and if I want him on my team...not to mention a likely run on WR's depleting my options there...

also...I'm not sure what group your consensus consists of...if they are Huddlers or just overall, but if you get 10 or 12 huddlers, one of them is going to take him in the 3rd at the latest...

but if you're talking about your average FF'er who follows football religiously, but not as much as we do on a FF level, then you'll likely see Charles in the 4th if he was there in the 3rd because of his perceived value....he's either "a steal in the 3rd" or "overvalued in the 3rd"....I'm one of the few that thinks he's right in the middle and I'd take him in the 4th if he were available to me and maybe...maybe late 3rd depending on which way the draft goes and if I want him on my team...not to mention a likely run on WR's depleting my options there...

Bushwacked is quoting the statistics from mockdraftcentral. Sample size of 180 drafts is approximately 2160 owners for your sample size, consisting of people from all walks, all "sites", all levels of FF interest, only common thing is that they signed up to do a mock draft, and in not one instance did Charles go later than the 3.8.

To me, that is a pretty compelling argument that if you see Charles in the third, he'll be gone pretty damn quick.

I never understood the "draft to trade" strategy. If you're gonna trade, why not just pick the damned player you are probably gonna get anyways. :wacko:

Bushwacked is quoting the statistics from mockdraftcentral. Sample size of 180 drafts is approximately 2160 owners for your sample size, consisting of people from all walks, all "sites", all levels of FF interest, only common thing is that they signed up to do a mock draft, and in not one instance did Charles go later than the 3.8.

To me, that is a pretty compelling argument that if you see Charles in the third, he'll be gone pretty damn quick.

that's funny because he doesn't even start for his own team...

his value lies in the 4th round and any earlier than 3.08 is a reach imo....

I never understood the "draft to trade" strategy. If you're gonna trade, why not just pick the damned player you are probably gonna get anyways. :wacko:

because the player you would trade holds way more value at the present time than the player you actually want - the very same player that most other owners want...

so you draft that player and trade him to get the player you want and then some...

in 2002 I drafted David Boston and before week 1 I traded him for Deuce McAllister and Rod Gardner....this is my best case scenario in doing such a thing as Boston got hurt in less than 2 weeks after the draft while Deuce had a breakout season and Gardner had his best season....

but my foresight was rather strong that year as I had Travis Henry, Clinton Portis and Deuce McAllister before the season started and it was smooth sailing.........into 2nd place :tup:

I get that, but it certainly doesn't mean that he won't last into the 4th. I'm currently in the middle of the 4th round and Charles is still available. I wish I didn't keep who I did so I could've grabbed him, but nevertheless he's still available.

Could we please compile a list of Jamaal Charles non-believers for me? It will be much easier for me to hammer them simultaneously with one post at seasons end, rather than wasting my time during my championship celebrations dragging up every Charles post on the board.

1. Avernus

Edited by rattsass

because the player you would trade holds way more value at the present time than the player you actually want - the very same player that most other owners want...

so you draft that player and trade him to get the player you want and then some...

in 2002 I drafted David Boston and before week 1 I traded him for Deuce McAllister and Rod Gardner....this is my best case scenario in doing such a thing as Boston got hurt in less than 2 weeks after the draft while Deuce had a breakout season and Gardner had his best season....

but my foresight was rather strong that year as I had Travis Henry, Clinton Portis and Deuce McAllister before the season started and it was smooth sailing.........into 2nd place :wacko:

I can see your point if this were a mid to late round pick. But I see this time and again in the very early stages of a draft. For example, a league I just finished drafting saw a guy pick Drew Brees (1st) and Peyton Manning (2nd). I don't have to tell you how unbelievably dumb I think this is but then he goes on to say..Gonna trade one of my guys for a Top Tier WR. Ummmm...what? 12 team league you could have drafted a top tier WR. This is my point...just draft the top tier WR! Now everybody in the league is going to boycott all his offers hahahahahaha..idiot.

When I see this occur in my drafts, I IMMEDIATELY charge said owner almost double in any trade. HE becomes the desperate one and I take full advantage.

Could we please compile a list of Jamaal Charles non-believers for me? It will be much easier for me to hammer them simultaneously with one post at seasons end, rather than wasting my time during my championship celebrations dragging up every Charles post on the board.

1. Avernus

2. Zooty

I won't touch him to probably late 4th or likely 5th

Quentin Griffin anyone?

1. Avernus

how am I a Charles non-believer?....because I think he's late 3rd/4th round value instead of 2nd/early 3rd?.....that's quite the reach...

you can say I told you so, but I'll shrug because I'm not a non-believer just because I don't have him as high as you do..