[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting Etiquette

theeohiostate

Basically referring to slow drafts here, but my momma always said if you go to the draft room and your up in a few picks

:wacko: PRESELECT BEFORE YOU FARKING LEAVE MORON !

What did your momma teach you about drafting ?

Damn right!!! :tup:

PS - It's "moran"

also worth noting is that, as your draft nears an end, and you are basically just filling out your roster with backup kickers and defenses....

:wacko: IT IS OK TO PRESELECT EVEN IF ITS MORE THAN TWO PICKS AWAY FROM YOU!!

I can't stand when guys come and go, when they are just a few picks away, and all they are deciding upon is whether to go with the Bucs or Rams as their backup defense, or Hiccup as their backup kicker.

Last night at my main local live draft I went after a guy in my league. It pretty much froze the room for a few minutes. He kept saying the names of undrafted players out loud. That friggin enrages me. Guy is on the table and you are eyeing him and some asswipe who the draft isnt even up to is just saying " Is brandon jacobs still there, Hows about Forsett? " I saw red

Edited by whomper

Last night at my main local live draft I went after a guy in my league. It pretty much froze the room for a few minutes. He kept saying the names of undrafted players out loud. That friggin enrages me. Guy is on the table and you are eyeing him and some asswipe who the draft isnt even up to is just saying " Is brandon jacobs still there, Hows about Forsett? " I saw red

in one of my leagues we have a rule wherein if an owner calls a players name - the next time its his turn to draft - he gets that player. period.

it might not help 100% with the above situation, but it does make people think twice before opening their mouth.

Q: Is this player available?

A: Not any longer.

in one of my leagues we have a rule wherein if an owner calls a players name - the next time its his turn to draft - he gets that player. period.

it might not help 100% with the above situation, but it does make people think twice before opening their mouth.

that is a frickin great idea

This seems like an advantage? Has AP been taken?

Edited by Thews40

We have a jar that $10.00 goes in for every un-drafted name mentioned

The money from the jar is added to the total pool

an back to the original post question ,, I have no problem drafting 2 rounds a head of time if I'm not going to be there when my turn comes up.

big deal if I miss a run on TE's ( the famous excuse from those who won't pre-draft )

but it seems odd that a rule needs to be made :wacko: I understand accidental verbal slips happen, but it shouldn't be so much that a rule is needed.

aggreed, factor in:

1. Drunkeness

2. Stupidity

3. General Ignorance

4. Trying to be funny/be accepted

5. Not paying attention to the draft

Too many reasons for a momo to blurt out a name...attaching a penalty likley gets their attention

I don't always put in the N+1 if I am preselecting a full round ahead of time. If there is a run on a position, I may want to pull the trigger on a guy I thought would be around until the next round. If you're a couple picks away when you put them in, then yeah, but I don't think it is that easy.