[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the Hell? Good news on the economy?

cre8tiff

and here is why i believe nothing good...........

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-09/j...-last-week.html

Doh! :wacko:

Dang. Cr8tiff probably should have read ALL of the news instead of selected articles from the Left Wing Daily. My guess is they've probably got articles that have Obama's poll rating at 75% as well.

Dang. Cr8tiff probably should have read ALL of the news instead of selected articles from the Left Wing Daily. My guess is they've probably got articles that have Obama's poll rating at 75% as well.

Oh sure, the AP has no credibility sayeth the dittohead who smoked W's pole for 8 years. You'd better get back in practice, I hear Boner is looking for a new fluffer.

in his defense, this didnt come out til later. i guess our joyous govt decided it wasnt important that they made up more numbers.

Oh sure, the AP has no credibility sayeth the dittohead who smoked W's pole for 8 years. You'd better get back in practice, I hear Boner is looking for a new fluffer.

Hmmm...lefty insults again? Looks like I win! :wacko:

Was he the best Prez? No. But he was certainly better than any alternative the Dems put up. Even now when he's been out of office for almost 2 years.

Hmmm...lefty insults again? Looks like I win! :wacko:

Was he the best Prez? No. But he was certainly better than any alternative the Dems put up. Even now when he's been out of office for almost 2 years.

Yea, the economy really misses W.

We reduced our workforce by 10% yesterday. We informed the employees that unless we pick up a significant amount of work between now an the first of the year, everyone will probably be getting a pay cut. What we didn't come right out and tell them, is that unless the a bunch of school bonds pass in November, we will probably have to reduce our payroll by another 10-15% prior to the first of the year. Still doing all of that we are looking at high 6 figure possibly low 7 figure losses next year. Yep, the economy is great. All the manufactured uncertainty caused by new regulations, regulations currently being considered, new benefit requirements, and looming tax increases is really putting the hurt on me and my industry. Yesterday was not a fun day for me. I knew back an March that this was going to be a very real possibility, but was hoping we could avoid it. I'm hopeful that I can avoid repeating it in a few months, but I'm really not very optimistic. The only good news is we are doing a lot better than most of our competitors and when it does turn around we should be in a better position financially and have a higher bonding capacity that most of our competitors. There is a ton of money out there to be spent, there is more money sitting on the sidelines than I can ever recall, and at some point it has to bust loose. Only problem is it probably won't until Washington stops making wholesale changes that negatively impact business and investment.

So, you're all against raising taxes, government taking on debt, and seemingly public schools, unless the taxes and debt are taken on to buy things from you and you're the one building the liberal brainwash center?

So, you're all against raising taxes, government taking on debt, and seemingly public schools, unless the taxes and debt are taken on to buy things from you and you're the one building the liberal brainwash center?

I'd much rather build private schools if that makes you feel any better, but I'll build damn near anything.

Democrats have controlled Congress since 2006. Look it up. That is where the real power lies in our Republic. Until then, Under G.W. Bush, we were economically quite healthy, in spite of 9/11.

Mark to Market was enacted soon after the Democrats took over Congress. That, more than anything tanked the housing market - and our economy.

Most of you probably have not heard of that. I will be amused if Wiegie tries to explain it. If not, I will.

Rescinding Mark to Market would greatly help us all.

In case you care, Mark to Market was actually around for some time. It's just that the banks managed to lobby for it to be meaningless up until the revision of the law in early 2007.

Regardless, perish the thought that we should blame the shaky loans being rolled into garbage mortgage backed securities. No, the real culprit is that financial institutions weren't allowed to pretend they were worth more than they really were. That's like blaming the cop and the radar gun for the fact that you got a speeding ticket.

Democrats have controlled Congress since 2006. Look it up. That is where the real power lies in our Republic. Until then, Under G.W. Bush, we were economically quite healthy, in spite of 9/11.

Mark to Market was enacted soon after the Democrats took over Congress. That, more than anything tanked the housing market - and our economy.

Most of you probably have not heard of that. I will be amused if Wiegie tries to explain it. If not, I will.

Rescinding Mark to Market would greatly help us all.

Wiegie did not explain. Please proceed with your explanation.