[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I am apparently fighting in Fort Worth the 18th

polksalet

I'd rake the eyes, punch them in the throat and then go all Monkey Form on them. They wouldn't stand a chance.

Polk, have you learned Monkey form yet?

ETA:

Edited by SEC=UGA

I'd rake the eyes, punch them in the throat and then go all Monkey Form on them. They wouldn't stand a chance.

Polk, have you learned Monkey form yet?

ETA:

Wait. I didn't see you trying to f*ck a frog, drink your own pee, or

. Are you sure that is Monkey form? Cause my version works well to chase off attackers also. Edited by millerx

I had a friend that got into this. He trained for over 9 months before taking on his first fight. He made a big deal about the whole thing and asked for support and everyone to come watch his fight. He sized up the guy a few weeks in advance and realized he was much bigger than his opponent and that he would win easily. He went to the center of the ring and stuck out his fist as if to wish the guy good luck at the start of the fight assuming the guy would tap his hand back (fist bump), but the guy grabbed his arm twisted it, took out his leg and sat on his stomach and literally pounded his face to a bloody pulp until he tapped out. It was freaking brutal to watch. Needless to say he hasn't fought again since. He used to think he was going to be the next big thing, now not so much. :wacko:

Edited by Hat Trick

I had a friend that got into this. He trained for over 9 months before taking on his first fight. He made a big deal about the whole thing and asked for support and everyone to come watch his fight. He sized up the guy a few weeks in advance and realized he was much bigger than his opponent and that he would win easily. He went to the center of the ring and stuck out his fist as if to wish the guy good luck at the start of the fight assuming the guy would tap his hand back (fist bump), but the guy grabbed his arm twisted it, took out his leg and sat on his stomach and literally pounded his face to a bloody pulp until he tapped out. It was freaking brutal to watch. Needless to say he hasn't fought again since. He used to think he was going to be the next big thing, now not so much. :wacko:

The Moral to the Story:

DON'T stick your handout at the start of the fight for a fist bump!

I had a friend that got into this. He trained for over 9 months before taking on his first fight. He made a big deal about the whole thing and asked for support and everyone to come watch his fight. He sized up the guy a few weeks in advance and realized he was much bigger than his opponent and that he would win easily. He went to the center of the ring and stuck out his fist as if to wish the guy good luck at the start of the fight assuming the guy would tap his hand back (fist bump), but the guy grabbed his arm twisted it, took out his leg and sat on his stomach and literally pounded his face to a bloody pulp until he tapped out. It was freaking brutal to watch. Needless to say he hasn't fought again since. He used to think he was going to be the next big thing, now not so much. :tup:

:wacko:

When i think of polk fighting, I think of this guy.

But seriously good luck.

Long story short...

While training Th night I almost gave a guy a major injury. In grappling the object is to submit someone while avoiding injury to both parties. While in the middle of an armbar transition I got carried away and hyper extended this guy. It was real bad. The coach/doc suggest that I wait until the next tournament to compete as we don't want to permanently injure someone. I know that doesn't make sense as in most competitions you win however you can but in this stuff you could seriously injure someone if your technique is flawed. My technique wil have to improve a lot to be considered "flawed". After looking t and watching the competition I would have likely finished very high. I am planning on competing in December.

On the plus side Jr. came in 3rd in his age experience group. He narrowly lost the first match against the eventual champion 15-12. In the following matches was was unscored on going 36-0 and 24-0. It was a good showing considering it was his first time. I thin he would have won the thing if he hadn't been freaked out b the atmosphere.

Let me add that I had forgotten how great of a town FW is. I wish it were closer and that I didn't have to drive through Dallas to get there. It truly is one of the prettiest places in Texas.

Long story short...

While training Th night I almost gave a guy a major injury. In grappling the object is to submit someone while avoiding injury to both parties. While in the middle of an armbar transition I got carried away and hyper extended this guy. It was real bad. The coach/doc suggest that I wait until the next tournament to compete as we don't want to permanently injure someone. I know that doesn't make sense as in most competitions you win however you can but in this stuff you could seriously injure someone if your technique is flawed. My technique wil have to improve a lot to be considered "flawed". After looking t and watching the competition I would have likely finished very high. I am planning on competing in December.

On the plus side Jr. came in 3rd in his age experience group. He narrowly lost the first match against the eventual champion 15-12. In the following matches was was unscored on going 36-0 and 24-0. It was a good showing considering it was his first time. I thin he would have won the thing if he hadn't been freaked out b the atmosphere.

Let me add that I had forgotten how great of a town FW is. I wish it were closer and that I didn't have to drive through Dallas to get there. It truly is one of the prettiest places in Texas.

Congrats to JR. the rest of this was just not what we were looking for...