[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Revis Island vs The Slouch

Do Work Son

While Revis definitely slowed down Moss last year, he didnt shut him out completely. I believe Moss caught passes in both games and did score 1 TD.

Fast forward to this year, Revis has now verbally disrespected Moss (who is already disgruntled about his contract situation). If Moss was ever motivated to put up a big game, this should be about it. Of course, being motivated only gets you so far. Whether he's still good enough to get the best of Revis on a few plays is another. We shall see...

as much as randy would like to go off....if he catches 2 balls all day....but drags revis and some safety help with him all day....and the patriots win and do it comfortably....moss will be just as happy.....and hell be more than happy to throw some verbal jabs at the jets afterwards even if his numbers arent much......

randys stance in the media has done a 180 since his little press conference rant......and most of you saw the video of him leading a chant after the game....and that was before his rant.....fred taylor said moss is one of the best teammates hes ever had....and belichick has only opened talked about what a player he is.....if moss keeps playing hard and bringing coverage with him ihell still hold great value to this team.....and it woulnt suprise me if they offered him something like the contract hes on now...3 years 27 mil...when the season is over

If they use their best corner only for Moss, Welker will tear them up.

I think this is a smokescreen, designed to get in Moss' head.

I was thinking EXACTLY this. I think this is all misdirection by the Jets. But not just to mess with Moss, to mess with the Patriots and get them focused on using Moss more as a decoy.

Welker BURNS defenses. And Moss is still fast, but the Patriots' deep timing routes have looked like :wacko: Brady underthrew him by like 10 yards once last game.

So wouldn't you tend to cover Moss with 6'2" Cromartie and let 5'11" Revis cover the quicker and more athletic Welker? I would. Or, I'd at least expect them to mix it up.

They also didn't have Cromartie in 2009. Revis was their tallest CB last year.

Cromartie is also notoriously slow in getting out of his breaks (in part because he's so tall for a corner) - he'll get ruined by Welker. If the Jets are smart, they'll put Revis on Welker.

Cromartie is also notoriously slow in getting out of his breaks (in part because he's so tall for a corner) - he'll get ruined by Welker. If the Jets are smart, they'll put Revis on Welker.

That makes some sense. :wacko: Unless they really think the rookie Wilson can cover Welker. Hmm....

Darrelle Revis - CB - New York Jets Posted 9/16/10 4:09pm et

New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring) was limited during practice Thursday, Sept. 16, because of a hamstring injury, according to ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini.

Well I be . . .

So the Jets decided to not put their best cover corner, on teh Ravens best WR? They decided to "lock up" Derrick mason and let Anquan Boldin run free? Under that logic, shouldnt Revis be matched up on Welker all day? :wacko:

I think the Jets have had too many "hard knocks" to the head . . . .

I will never bench Moss unless he is ruled OUT before the game.

Even that 1 day in Oakland where he was injured and tried to continue his consective games streak I played him on the hopes he would catch a TD..and he almost did.

I would rather see moss get 4 for 24 again and have him in my line up then have him go all hulk hogen on Revis and go for 10 for 150 and 3 TD's on my bench.

You just have to ask yourself if you bench Moss and he blows up will you be able to sleep at night ?

I would not be able to so I will start him.

I will never bench Moss unless he is ruled OUT before the game.

Even that 1 day in Oakland where he was injured and tried to continue his consective games streak I played him on the hopes he would catch a TD..and he almost did.

I would rather see moss get 4 for 24 again and have him in my line up then have him go all hulk hogen on Revis and go for 10 for 150 and 3 TD's on my bench.

You just have to ask yourself if you bench Moss and he blows up will you be able to sleep at night ?

I would not be able to so I will start him.

Awwww crap! This makes sense to me.

Even with Cromartie and safety help, there is almost zero chance that Moss has that kind of day against the Jets. I see Moss' ceiling somewhere around 70 and 1 TD but would be happy with 35 & a TD. The point is I would have to have a TD from him to make him fit into my start line up (which is too much of a gamble for me). I have some better options and I'll play the matchups. I'd usually agree with giving him a shot but not against one of the top two corners in the NFL probably covering him (and him playing a previous pro bowler on a top 3 defense isn't much of a consolation prize).

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. :wacko:

Even with Cromartie and safety help, there is almost zero chance that Moss has that kind of day against the Jets. I see Moss' ceiling somewhere around 70 and 1 TD but would be happy with 35 & a TD. The point is I would have to have a TD from him to make him fit into my start line up (which is too much of a gamble for me). I have some better options and I'll play the matchups. I'd usually agree with giving him a shot but not against one of the top two corners in the NFL probably covering him (and him playing a previous pro bowler on a top 3 defense isn't much of a consolation prize).

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. :wacko:

I am going back and forth with this. After hearing Revis on Mike and Mike this morning he said he was still trying to "get his football legs". After this whole offseason I really really want to see him get all macho on Moss and just crash and burn!! As competitors, I can't see what would keep Brady and Moss from trying to make Revis look like a FOOL!!!

Somedays are peanuts, somedays are shells.