[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Revis Island vs The Slouch

Do Work Son

:tup:

So where does everyone stand....Team Revis :wacko: or Team Moss :tup: .

Darrelle Revis on Randy Moss: 'I called him a slouch because I felt he played like a slouch'Recommend New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis isn't backing away from his description of New England Patriots WR Randy Moss as a "slouch."

Revis continue to amp up the anticipation for Sunday's Patriots-Jets showdown when he defended his description of the New England wideout as a loafer when the two teams met last season.

"I called him a slouch because I felt he played like a slouch," Revis told the Boston Herald, backing up comments he made last year about Moss.

Moss caught nine passes for 58 yards and one TD when matched against Revis and the Jets last season. But he said this week that he was motivated by Revis and his "slouch" comments and made getting off of Revis Island a primary goal for his offseason.

"Words don't really hurt me. I guess he's entitled to say what he wants to say," Moss told ESPN on Tuesday. "Then again, we're coming to the Meadowlands on Sunday, man, so you got 60 minutes of this 'slouch.' I don't really get into the trash talking, but if what he called me was a 'slouch,' then I guess the 'slouch' will be there to see you on Sunday."

Revis, considered by many as the NFL's best cornerback, didn't seem affected by Moss' comments on Wednesday in his comments to the Herald:

"If that's what he said I guess that's what he's been preparing for all offseason. He said it with a laugh but it's been on his mind for the whole offseason. Randy speaks the truth. He speaks how he feels. Obviously, if he said that, it was on his mind."

Revis joined his coach, Rex Ryan, in acknowledging that Moss (who led the NFL with 13 TD receptions last year) is one of the league's best receivers and said that Moss' play was improved the second time the teams played last season.

But Revis, who is expected to be matched with Moss again on Sunday, said he's confident he can shut down the Patriots' top offensive weapons.

Link

Rex Ryan sent out the notice yesterday: Darrelle Revis will be covering Randy Moss Sunday.

The Patriots receiver already let it be known that he “prided my off-season in staying off Revis Island.”

Yesterday, he stirred the waters around that very island.

“If what he called me was a ‘slouch,’” Moss said on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” yesterday, “I guess the ‘slouch’ will be there to see you on Sunday.”

Here’s the history of the rivalry within the rivalry:

Sept. 9, 2007:

Moss ran past, jumped over and made a mockery of the Jets defense in the season opener. He had nine catches for 183 yards, though it should be noted that no one really knew what the Jets had in Revis. It also should be noted that no one really knew what the Patriots had in terms of inside information. “I just wanted to showcase my talents,” Moss said.

Dec. 16, 2007:

Revis was on full-time Moss Watch by the end of his rookie season. Even though Moss had five catches for 79 yards, 46 of those came with Kerry Rhodes matched up on the Patriots receiver. That means that in the biggest single season of Moss’ career (NFL-record 23 TD catches), he averaged barely more than 8 yards per catch against Revis.

Sept. 14, 2008:

The Revis legend was in full bloom after he limited Moss to two catches for 22 yards. The Jets didn’t win, dropping a 19-10 decision, but it wasn’t because of Moss. “I want to go up against the best every week,” Revis said later. “That’s why they drafted me.”

Moss had three catches — the most notable a touchdown from Matt Cassel with 1 second left to force overtime in Foxborough. (The Jets eventually won, 34-31.) Give credit to Revis for the quiet night to that point, especially considering how Cassel (30 completions, 400 yards) was slinging the ball all over the field. Pin the blame for the TD on Ty Law.

Sept. 20, 2009:

The Jets walked the walk after talking the talk in the days before this 16-9 win. The defense befuddled and disarmed the Patriots offense, while Revis held Moss to four catches for 24 yards. But after the bout, Moss claimed “there really are no shutdown corners in the league because they have help most of the game.”

Nov. 22, 2009:

Two months later, on the road, Revis delivered a repeat performance (even though the Jets as a whole could not, falling 31-14). On the Patriots’ second drive, he defended a deep flea flicker for Moss. “Moss tried to catch me sleeping,” Revis said. He held his foe to five catches for 34 yards, the only miscue a 4-yard touchdown.

this is exactly what I thought, but I've had 3 people tell me otherwise....

I saw a bomb thrown to Mason and revis wasn't covering him...

it seemed as if Flacco threw to whichever WR's Revis wasn't covering.....:wacko:

He played one side of the field and covered whoever lined up there, as I understand it. This week, they have already said he will be on Moss all day.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/09/t...o_target_j.html

Translation: If Revis has blanket coverage on Randy Moss Sunday in New Meadowlands Stadium, Brady will be content to ignore that side of the field and throw the ball to Wes Welker or somebody else. So cornerback Antonio Cromartie and nickel back Kyle Wilson could be in for a long game Sunday.

Tom is scared to test Revis.

Revis covered Housh and Mason. Flacco did what every QB is told to do: pick on everyone else. I think using Boldin as a deep threat during the game took the Jets by surprise and Cromartie was victimized several times. Brady will probably do the same but I think the Slouch will make a few plays this time around.

How did Boldin do against Revis last week?

I think you need to get your facts straight. Revis played the right side all night no matter which receiver lined up there. (not sure why). Sometimes it was Boldin, most often it was Mason and sometimes Housh. Flacco attempted 38 passes and I believe only one of the 38 was at Revis. Boldin's 110 came against Cromartie and rookie Wilson. Flacco avoided Revis like he was a deadly disease.

the Jets are really being set up to crash and burn. Hard Knocks. All the big name free agents. Loud mouth coach (I like him - but he is a loud mouth). Hot reporter. Revis. Hollywood QB. Revis talking trash.

they have a bunch of talent on this team - but there just seems to be too much volatility and the quotes from Revis don't help. I mean, come on. He's just back from a holdout. He is going against arguably the best QB and WR in the league. Its a division game. No good can come from him opening his mouth at this point.

Sad thing is, I don't think that Ryan is able to real the team back and have them do their job with a little more humility - because I don't believe he has it in him to do his job with a little humility.

The thing is Revis didn't open his mouth this time. He simply stood by what he had to say about Moss last year. Is anyone here saying that Moss isn't a "Slouch" sometimes? It has been well documented that Moss doesn't give 100% on every play. I think Revis is just stating the obvious. If his comments did indeed motivate Moss then it should be a heck of a matchup come Sunday.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

If they use their best corner only for Moss, Welker will tear them up.

I think this is a smokescreen, designed to get in Moss' head.

This is a smokescreen for everyone thinking about how bad the Jets are going to lose. If the Jets decide to take their best CB out of the game by being on Moss the whole time, then they should enjoy the free passes Brady will be seeing to the other receivers. Moss effect in full swing.

Edited by WaterMan

This whole scenario is pissing me off. I currently have Moss benched in both of my leagues this week (in favor of Collie and Mike Williams (TB)) . . . and I'm a Pats homer! That's how much confidence I have that Moss will be able to do anything appreciable if shadowed by Revis. I hope he proves me wrong.

While Revis definitely slowed down Moss last year, he didnt shut him out completely. I believe Moss caught passes in both games and did score 1 TD.

Fast forward to this year, Revis has now verbally disrespected Moss (who is already disgruntled about his contract situation). If Moss was ever motivated to put up a big game, this should be about it. Of course, being motivated only gets you so far. Whether he's still good enough to get the best of Revis on a few plays is another. We shall see...

I have never seen a team that has done so little talk as much shit as the Jets. It all starts at the top with that blow hard Ryan. i used to pull for the hard luck Jets. Now I just hope they get their teeth kicked in every week. I loved the fact that the Ravens beat em.

welkers last game against the jets....15 catches 190 yards

This time around I expect at least 5 receptions and 70 of those yards to be holding/pass interference/illegal contact penalties. The net result will be the same for the Pats but the Welker owner loses out.

10 for 120 is still pretty nice though. :wacko: