[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The all disillusion team

whomper

Lets see them. Show me your team that you thought was awesome that is just stinkin up the joint. I made trades to get my 2 rb's in the lineup below. 10 team redraft. 1-3 unless Tom Brady throws for 11 td's tonight. Lets see your great " paper" teams and their bad records

Tom Brady

Chris Johnson

Michael Turner

Colston

Maclin

Finley

Vinitieri

Viks D

0-4 now 1 ppr- qb td 4 everyone else 6-start 2 wr- 1 flex

Usually go heavy wr in ppr and try to get some steals at rb late and through fa...

Shaub/eli

Best/forte/hillis/Stewart/Hightower

R moss/aj/megaton/collie

V Davis

Bironas

Pitt d

Edited by Do Work Son

0-4 here as well.

Team on draft day:

QB: Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer

RB: Matthews, J. Charles, Felix Jones, Matt Forte, Moreno

WR: R. Moss, Fitzgerald, Royal, both Mike Williams

K: Folk

D: Ravens.

PPR league 10 teams. Thought I was golden at WR, not so much. Team is a train wreck and I'm about ready to request the commissioner lock my team from me doing any more adds/drops so I don't inflict more wounds to myself. There's always next year.

Favre, Sanchez

Rice, Charles, Bradshaw

White, Colston, Bowe, Gaffney

Cooley

Vinatieri

Philadelphia

LOVED this team on draft day. Won their first game this week, and it was only because my opponent stunk out the joint.

What's up guys? I'm obviously new here. Ha, but i'm in the exact same boat. I drafted 2 teams this year for around 1500 each. And one of my leagues i'm 2-2. And the other that I thought would be the best of em' all, just fell to 0-4 tonight. Pitiful. Here's the Squad I drafted. Btw it is a 12 team league, and this is a keeper League. I had the 5th overall pick

QB:Aaron Rodgers/Big Ben

RB:Steven Jackson/Shonn Greene/Ricky Williams/Felix Jones

WR:Chad Ocho Cinco/Donald Driver/Kevin Walter/Lee Evans/Louis Murphy

TE:Vishante Shiancoe/Aaron Hernandez

DEF:Chagers/Bears

K:Jeff Reed

I thought it'd be a pretty solid squad. Not to mention it was a keeper league, so picking Rodgers was a great pick to have for 4 years. I thought Jackson would be solid as usual, Greene was gonna have a bust out year, take over the load of carries from LT, and just be this phenom, Rodgers have an mvp type first half..... eghhh wrong. Greene is the buster of the year, Jackson has done mediocre at best, Rodger's run game goes to diaper dirt and he plays like dog dick. I got straight drilled week 1 and 2. But week 3 and 4 I had potential win's that I kind of screwed up. Now, i've recently picked up and dropped some players, so my team as of now looks like this.

QB:Rodgers/Big Ben

RB:Jackson/Greene/Mike Tolbert/BenJarvus Green Ellis

WR:Same

TE:Same

But, I think i'm gonna do the unthinkable. Trade my 5th overall pick, my future, and my favorite player. I'm gonna give up Aaron Rodgers/Shonn Greene/Green Ellis/Driver and i'm getting Eli Manning/Frank Gore/Rashard Mendenhall/Santonio Holmes. I feel like this will help me tremendously. Because I got Big Ben to start playing for me in 2 games, I'll have Gore/Mendehall/Steven Jackson. 2 rb's and 1 flex, Ocho Cinco,Holmes, Walter as my receivers. I think that'd be much better. Some guy today did offer me after he found out bout that trade. Drew Brees/Marshawn Lynch/Brandon Marshall for Big Ben/Steven Jackson/Ocho

I'd then have Brees as QB, Gore and Mendenhall as RB's, Marshall/Holmes/Walter as WR's, and then just put either Mike Tolbert or Aaron Hernandez at the flex?

Which option should I go with?

12 team redraft PPR league

QB: Flacco/McNabb (thought Flacco would shine this year)

RB: Sjax, McCoy, McFadden, Stewart,

WR: R. Moss, A Boldin, Hoosh, Murphy

K: Prator

DEF: SF

we start 2WR, 2RB, and 1RB/WR. Figured start only Moss and Boldin at WR every week and then rotate Stewart/McFadden as my flex.

I'm 1-3

Lets see them. Show me your team that you thought was awesome that is just stinkin up the joint. I made trades to get my 2 rb's in the lineup below. 10 team redraft. 1-3 unless Tom Brady throws for 11 td's tonight. Lets see your great " paper" teams and their bad records

Tom Brady

Chris Johnson

Michael Turner

Colston

Maclin

Finley

Vinitieri

Viks D

Yikes, I feel your pain:

Brady

Chris Johnson, J. Best

Colston, S. Smith (CAR)

Celek

Gostkowski

Eagles D

1-3 now with little relief in sight; 12 team redraft/semi-keeper with deep benches, there is nothing left on the WW at all. Last week my big add was Starks and I felt lucky to get him.

Not saying it was great, but didn't hink I'd be 0-4. 12 man, ppr league, QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, K, Def

P. Manning

D. Williams

J. Addai

S. Smith NYG

D. Driver

Mike Wallace

Tynes

GB Def.

0-4, worst part is its a dynasty:

QBs - Brady, D Anderson, T Jackson - obviously I was gonna ride Brady here, but Anderson should've been reasonable bye-week fodder. Too bad he got benched FOUR WEEKS IN.

RBs - R Grant, Portis, F Taylor, C Wells - yeah, those would be my top 4 options. ALL either injured or ineffective.

WRs - Welker, Breaston, Lee Evans - Welker has been fine; the other two don't have QBs and Breaston is now injured

TEs - (in this league, TEs get 1.5 PPR and 1.5 pts for every 10 yds, and we can flex them, so I've been a bit of a TE whore) - O Daniels, Z Miller, J Carlson - Daniels was a STUD until getting injured, still hasn't come back; Miller IS a stud with something resembling an NFL QB, no prob there; Carlson is inconsistent, but not bad for a backup. But Daniels' issues are forcing me to plug him in.

Basically at this point I look at that team as the one where I might as well have wiped my ass with the entry fee and flushed it.

0-4, worst part is its a dynasty:

QBs - Brady, D Anderson, T Jackson - obviously I was gonna ride Brady here, but Anderson should've been reasonable bye-week fodder. Too bad he got benched FOUR WEEKS IN.

RBs - R Grant, Portis, F Taylor, C Wells - yeah, those would be my top 4 options. ALL either injured or ineffective.

WRs - Welker, Breaston, Lee Evans - Welker has been fine; the other two don't have QBs and Breaston is now injured

TEs - (in this league, TEs get 1.5 PPR and 1.5 pts for every 10 yds, and we can flex them, so I've been a bit of a TE whore) - O Daniels, Z Miller, J Carlson - Daniels was a STUD until getting injured, still hasn't come back; Miller IS a stud with something resembling an NFL QB, no prob there; Carlson is inconsistent, but not bad for a backup. But Daniels' issues are forcing me to plug him in.

Basically at this point I look at that team as the one where I might as well have wiped my ass with the entry fee and flushed it.

< Ouch >

In one league these are my backs: McCoy, Moreno, Harrison, Jackson ... added Bell today.

In another league I drafted: Grant, Benson, Jacobs, McGahee ... dropped Grant, added Hillis and Ivory

Not the best team, but in a 16 team league, after the draft I thought it was one of the best in the league on paper. Not so.

SCHAUB

Cutler

DeAngelo

BEENIE

Forte

Huggins

Welker

PERCY

S. Moss

Knox

Witten

O. DANIELS

Eagles

I don't know that any QB has been more disappointing than Schaub, any RB more disappointing than Wells, any WR more disappointing than Percy, and any TE more disappointing than Daniels. Also, the Eagles D has certainly not been a points machine. Who woulda thought.....Forte and Santana Moss have actually been pleasant surprises. I had a feeling both were being a little undervalued this year, but I certainly be worse than 2-2 without them.

1-3 team:

Rodgers

DeSean

Colston

Jacoby Jones

Charles

Hillis

Spiller

T Gonzalez

Yellow Submarine :wacko:

Hmm, that team could turn it around pretty quickly.

One thing to remember is to look at your scoring - if you're team is up there in scoring, it's a good team. Sometimes you just get snakebit with tough losses. You've gotta figure it'll even out, ideally soon enough for you to get into the playoffs.

Of my other two teams, one started out 0-2; I was like "whiskey tango foxtrot, this team is a MONSTER?!?!" Looked at the numbers, and the team just had a couple tough losses, so I kept doing what I was doing - team is now 2-2 and looking strong AND deep.

Scooby and I cannot understand why this team is 0-4

Non PPR (yuk)

Aaron Rodgers

Best, Mathews, Charles, Torain, Spiller, D Brown

Dez, Louis Murphy, Hines, Stv Smith NYG, Dem. Thomas DEN, Johnny Knox

Carlson, Moeaki (We dropped Celek)

I do predict a major streak now that our rookie RBs are playing more. LOLuck everyone, we all need wins.

2-2 here because my 2QBs screwed me over the first 2 weeks starting Flacco and Kolb/Campbell (week 2)

QBs: Flacco and Bradford

RBs: Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson and Hillis (Flex)

WRs: R. Wayne, Steve Smith (NYG)

TE: Dustin Keller (Gonzalez bench)

If my QBs have a good week, my team wins. If they have a bad week, I lose. Simple as that. My RB trio is best in the league by far.

Edited by BeerLeagueQB

Common theme here: RB deficiency.

A lot of teams look like they tried to go for big time WRs and hit on later RBs, and it backfired in a major way. A few teams with Chris Johnson, but for the most part a lot to be desired.

Didn't see Peterson, Gore, or even Foster on one of those teams. Best or Charles a lot of teams' #1 back. Yikes.

0-4 in my 12 team redraft, .5 PPR, 6 pts/any TD, standard yardage scoring... I knew my team was iffy at WR, but didn't expect the results I've gotten

My current roster

QB: start 1

Rodgers; Orton; Freeman (picked up after his owner dropped him prior to week 1)

RB: start 2

Mendenhall; Mathews; Tolbert (picked up after week 2); FJax; Chris Ivory (dropped Reggie)

WR: start 3

Hines Ward; Maclin; Knox; Tampa Mike; Lance Moore (drafted w/ 2nd to last pick); Deon Butler (picked-up after week 3; dropped LRob)

K:

Crosby

DST:

Cincy; Bears

another common theme i see is Hines Ward and Knox ... hopefully Ward will change with Big Ben showing up.

Yep...noticed the same thing; also a similar theme on another board. I've actually only started Ward once...of course it was his wonderful 1 recep/9 yds game @ Tenn (the week 1 output w/ Dixon @ QB gave me false hope). Looking forward to him being startable again since Ben is back next week.

I didn't so much buy into the Knox hype so much as I needed to grab "upside" WRs since I missed out on a severe WR run that happened much earlier than anticipated (EIGHT WRs were off the board by the time I picked in the 2nd Rd, pick 2.08, or #20 overall!!!). Knox has been seeing only 4-5 targets/game & I have no reason to believe that'll change.

I think that we were all looking at huddle sleepers/undervalued player articles right before the draft? I too have Ward and Knox riding the pine.

Another theme I'm noticing is that the above teams don't look to have reached all that much in the later rounds and instead went with retread household name players with less upside relative to rookies or 2nd year players. Too many Lee Evans, Housh, Bowe type picks going on...

Edited by joeyb7