[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More private Sector Jobs created in 2010

bushwacked

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

The source of the data is the Bureau of Labor Statistics, so unless there is some reason to expect significant modifications on the data I'm not really sure what the issue with the data source is unless it's a kookoo for Cocoa Puffs conspiracy schtick. We've had 9 straight months of private sector job gains after catastrophic job losses. That is a fact, and it's positive news.

The fact that the tailgate righties can't acknowledgethis is nothing more than a reflex like repulsion founded on political hackery. That's obvious. If private sector jobs declined next month, many here would be absolutely ecstatic while bumping this thread. There is no doubt in my mind that many here want our economy to fail right now based on who our president is.

And I think you're willing to believe anything to make yourself feel better before the guillotine falls in November.

Edited by tosberg34

This is probably a dumb question but which subsection of which chart are you looking at to make that claim? If you take the Bureau of Labor Statistics chart, and sum up the annual jobs from 2001 to 2008, you get a net +1843. That's 3x the net 2010 jobs on the same chart. That 1843 is severely negatively affected by 2008 (-3623 itself).

The Bikini chart referenced only shows from 2007 onward, so it's not an accurate representation of the period of time in question. How is this data being read to support the conclusion? Is the Labor chart not private sector only? I'm honestly confused.

:wacko:

The source of the data is the Bureau of Labor Statistics, so unless there is some reason to expect significant modifications on the data I'm not really sure what the issue with the data source is unless it's a kookoo for Cocoa Puffs conspiracy schtick. We've had 9 straight months of private sector job gains after catastrophic job losses. That is a fact, and it's positive news.

The fact that the tailgate righties can't acknowledgethis is nothing more than a reflex like repulsion founded on political hackery. That's obvious. If private sector jobs declined next month, many here would be absolutely ecstatic while bumping this thread. There is no doubt in my mind that many here want our economy to fail right now based on who our president is.

No one is arguing the source. I will argue, in accordance with articles I have read of late, that the numbers may be wrong due to the model that is being used to project the job gains being flawed; so I will accept the numbers you posted.

It is good news that we have had positive job gains, I'd be thrilled if even more had been gained and the unemployment rate had decreased significantly.

The rub is in the propagandized manner in which the post was made and in which the article was written. Take any of the single years of the Bush admin, excluding 2008 and you will see greater job creation numbers than this administration has posted this year... But the author, in a disingenuous manner, wants to try and state that in the past year more jobs were created than in all 8 years of the Bush admin... Well, how bout this, why don't we see how many jobs were created in the Obama admin, using the same metrics that the author uses.... the number is negative. Shouldn't that be the proper analysis?

The article you posted is, how do you put it, political hackery... The author is taking numbers, cherry picking them, and making them say what he wants them to say. Does everyone do it, sure, but to expect people not to point out the flaws in the guys argument/assertions is comical. And then to tell us that we are being biased, opinionated, knee jrerkers who only want to see the country fail because we point out the flaws in this drivel you posted is even more comical.

863,000 is less than 100,000 per month. I think you need something like 150,000 or 200,000 per month just to keep up with the natural rate of population growth and people entering the work force -- let alone, make any dent in the millions of lost jobs over the previous couple of years. the unemployment rate is steady at almost 10% (over 16% if you count discouraged workers who have given up looking for a job). and remember, we're beign told that the recession ended almost a year and a half ago. in that sort of climate, trying to spin a 860,000 increase in payrolls over 9 months as some sort of great news is -- well, a little desperate and transparent. anyone can see how f'n wrecked the economy is right now.

863,000 is less than 100,000 per month. I think you need something like 150,000 or 200,000 per month just to keep up with the natural rate of population growth and people entering the work force -- let alone, make any dent in the millions of lost jobs over the previous couple of years. the unemployment rate is steady at almost 10% (over 16% if you count discouraged workers who have given up looking for a job). and remember, we're beign told that the recession ended almost a year and a half ago. in that sort of climate, trying to spin a 860,000 increase in payrolls over 9 months as some sort of great news is -- well, a little desperate and transparent. anyone can see how f'n wrecked the economy is right now.

It is all the fault of evil corporations refusing to hire despite RECORD PROFITS!!!!

Biden sent Obama a 25-page report released Oct. 1 that said the stimulus has created or preserved 3.3 million jobs and is on pace to create the intended 3.5 million jobs. The money was obligated quickly and with little fraud, the report said.

Democrats aren’t running on the administration’s accomplishments like health-care and financial-regulatory overhaul and the stimulus because “it’s just too hard to explain,” Biden said. “It sort of a branding, I mean you know they kind of want the branding more at the front end.”

The clean and articulate white guy.

When and if the republicans take office again they will blame any problems on the hole Obama left them in the same way the dems do it now. Its all a viscious cycle and we the people all collectively take it in the ass. I dont know why you guys even argue this shit anymore

When and if the republicans take office again they will blame any problems on the hole Obama left them in the same way the dems do it now. Its all a viscious cycle and we the people all collectively take it in the ass. I dont know why you guys even argue this shit anymore

More than likely little to nothing will get done in the next two years. The GOP will win the house, but more than likely the dems will remain in control of the senate. Even if the GOP gains control of the senate, they will not have the votes to block a filibuster, or override a presidential veto. The best we can hope for is some bipartisan work on prolonging the Bush tax cuts and not passing anymore crappy legislation. Maybe taking some of the teeth out of the healthcare plan like filling requirements. It will take a another election cycle if we are lucky to get the votes required to overturn or significantly fix the health care cluster f*ck. The only good news is we can hope the GOP will use the house to strangle spending through budgets. The only real victory is it would put an end to Cap and Trade assuming that the dems don't try to force that on us in a lame duck session.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Because its easier that getting off your ass and running for office yourself.

The rub is in the propagandized manner in which the post was made and in which the article was written.

I'm trying to keep this place fair and balanced, my "propagandized manner rub" is obviously high in quality, because I can't compete with the volume of Az/H8/Perch et al propaganda. I have neither the energy or partisan loyalty for their daily practice.

Fact of the matter, I'm too busy pulling myself up by the bootstraps and making a killing in the current economic recovery instead of whining about being a victim of the economy for 10 hours a day on a message board.

Edited by bushwacked

OK, so we have 10% unemployment now but the obamessiah has created more jobs this year than all 8 years of the shrub debacle?

What doesn't add up here?

The perception that gov't is growing when it's actually shrinking?

the federal government is growing. state and local governments are shedding jobs because otherwise they can't just print/borrow money to their hearts' content.

It might be factually true that the federal government is shrinking if you consider all the temporary census jobs that are coming to an end. Still full time federal jobs are increasing as is the power and scope of the federal government. Part of the reason state governments are shrinking is they no longer have room in their budgets for unfunded federal mandates, so they have to cut somewhere.