[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gates down?

Ursa Majoris

Not to deviate too much from the topic, but I hear a lot of guys say stuff like this every season. Faced with the prospects of going with no DST for one week or dropping a player I feel will help me win multiple weeks over the course of the season, I am playing without a DST that one week. Sure, it MAY cost you a week but I'd rather do that then scramble multiple weeks. My $0.02 anyways...

Unless your league penalizes incomplete lineups.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your league penalizes incomplete lineups.

Yep. Obviously, if you have to play a DST or be penalized, then you gotta do what you gotta do. If its not req'd, I am willing to go with a goose egg to hold on to a player I value rather than drop that player to pick up a one-week filler...

6 team league?

Ignorance is bliss?

1. 15. Gates, Antonio SDC TE 112 18.7 17 21 21 31 19 3 The Ninjas - Trade 10

2. 49. Keller, Dustin NYJ TE 80 13.3 3 22 25 17 3 10 Nearly Contended - Trade 7

3. 53. Clark, Dallas IND TE 76 12.7 20 18 8 17 4 9 The Chosen - Trade 7

4. 54. Miller, Zach OAK TE 76 12.7 7 7 15 25 16 6 The Ninjas - Trade 10

5. 61. Davis, Vernon SFO TE 73 12.2 12 12 5 12 20 12 There can be only one ! - Trade 9

6. 76. Cooley, Chris WAS TE 64 10.7 11 15 9 11 11 7 There can be only one ! - Trade 9

7. 82. Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE 62 10.3 5 3 21 9 8 16 Bite Me - Trade 8

8. 84. Watson, Ben CLE TE 62 10.3 4 9 14 9 8 18 Free Agent - Add 8

9. 85. Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE 61 12.2 17 10 4 10 20 The Chosen - Trade 9

Cant imagine he'll be out for more then a week if he was able to return later that game

but then the ankle got sat on again and he couldn't put any pressure on the leg from there . . .

Ignorance is bliss?

1. 15. Gates, Antonio SDC TE 112 18.7 17 21 21 31 19 3 The Ninjas - Trade 10

2. 49. Keller, Dustin NYJ TE 80 13.3 3 22 25 17 3 10 Nearly Contended - Trade 7

3. 53. Clark, Dallas IND TE 76 12.7 20 18 8 17 4 9 The Chosen - Trade 7

4. 54. Miller, Zach OAK TE 76 12.7 7 7 15 25 16 6 The Ninjas - Trade 10

5. 61. Davis, Vernon SFO TE 73 12.2 12 12 5 12 20 12 There can be only one ! - Trade 9

6. 76. Cooley, Chris WAS TE 64 10.7 11 15 9 11 11 7 There can be only one ! - Trade 9

7. 82. Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE 62 10.3 5 3 21 9 8 16 Bite Me - Trade 8

8. 84. Watson, Ben CLE TE 62 10.3 4 9 14 9 8 18 Free Agent - Add 8

9. 85. Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE 61 12.2 17 10 4 10 20 The Chosen - Trade 9

So from what you have posted, Watson should absolutely be rostered, even in a six team league - unless rosters are restricted in an extreme manner.

Thanks for backing me up. GB.

:thumbsup:

News: Chargers head coach Norv Turner said Monday that TE Antonio Gates has a sprained toe and that the team is holding out hope that he'll play vs. the Patriots in Week 7. He left the team's Week 6 game at St. Louis in the first half after getting his foot rolled up twice by other players and was in a walking boot after the game.

Analysis: We suspect that Gates is not a lock to play Sunday, and even if he does play he could be limited by the injury. If you own Gates, make it a point to have a backup plan in place in case he doesn't play. It's a shame, too, since the Pats have allowed three touchdowns to tight ends this year including Dustin Keller in Week 2 and Todd Heap just last week. We'll definitely keep you posted on the latest involving Gates all week.

Good news to me. I was preparing for the worst. Seems to me that worst case he misses a game. Shouldn't be a lingering issue it doesn't appear.

News: Chargers head coach Norv Turner said Monday that TE Antonio Gates has a sprained toe and that the team is holding out hope that he'll play vs. the Patriots in Week 7. He left the team's Week 6 game at St. Louis in the first half after getting his foot rolled up twice by other players and was in a walking boot after the game.

Analysis: We suspect that Gates is not a lock to play Sunday, and even if he does play he could be limited by the injury. If you own Gates, make it a point to have a backup plan in place in case he doesn't play. It's a shame, too, since the Pats have allowed three touchdowns to tight ends this year including Dustin Keller in Week 2 and Todd Heap just last week. We'll definitely keep you posted on the latest involving Gates all week.

Good news to me. I was preparing for the worst. Seems to me that worst case he misses a game. Shouldn't be a lingering issue it doesn't appear.

sounds like turn toe...very hard to determine when he'll be ready. good news as I was worried. better than high ankle sprain I suppose.

San Diego Chargers TE Antonio Gates' (toe) injury is not believed to be serious and he could wind up playing in Week 7 against the New England Patriots, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee. Head coach Norv Turner said Gates' injury is unrelated to the injury that he suffered in the 2007 playoffs and required surgery.

Agreed. No one is happy he has a hurt toe, or acting as if it may not be something he needs to deal with for a little while. BUT given the fact it could have been a high ankle sprain, or torn ligaments, or something major, a sprained toe isn't awful.

It's the best of a bad situation IMO. Even if it hinders him a little the next few weeks.