[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To Raiders and Chief fans

bushwacked

Congrats whatever the outcome of the game. You guys have gritty teams to root on for the rest of the year. :tup:

+1 What an entertaining game both teams played hard and good!! I don't know what the Raiders changed but whatever it is they look tough!! :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

[i'm glad you all were entertained. As for me, I feel like I have been kicked in the gut. That was one that should not have got away. (dry heave)

[i'm glad you all were entertained. As for me, I feel like I have been kicked in the gut. That was one that should not have got away. (dry heave)

I know know the feeling ( has a FF game like that today ) but both of these teams have been in the basement for quite some time now and both are playing respectful football. Glad to see it :wacko: and feel good for both of them. Tough lost though for KC

i almost died at home watching it on my puter. Great to see Oakland not giving up, comign out in that second half and fighting, even when we blew opportunities and handed others to the Chiefs.

I hate the Chiefs, but it was awesome to see us two teams scrapping at each other for 60+ minutes like in the old days, when just 1 year ago we were the jokes of the Conference. Great game guys!

On a side note, the officiating crew called a TERRIBLE game for both sides.

Absolutely terrible.

Chief, I'm sorry you had to post this as many will see it as being a homer, but I didn't have a dog in that fight and I thought the officiating was the worst, most embarassing that I have maybe ever seen. If players can get fined for mistakes they make in the blink of an eye at full speed, then if I was in charge, all these officials' game checks would be a little lighter. You don't know what fricken' down it is? Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Haley did a great job of containing the Chiefs best player, which helped lead to the victory for the Raiders. Good job, coach.

You know what's frustrating? I own Jamaal Charles and LaGarret Blount. BOTH of these guys are being horribly mis-used by their clueless coaches and it's not just hurting my fantasy team, it's CLEARLY hurting their NFL team as both lost close games today.

:wacko:

Fantastic game, great finish.

As already stated, horrible calls for both teams.

Even more exciting for Raider fans that we did it without our best player on defense (Asomugha) and one of our best players on offense (Miller).

A well earned bye week for the Raiders this week, as they'll look to get DMC, Asomugha, Miller and Gradkowski healthy. Hopefully we can come out of the bye with the same kind of momentum.

Chief, I'm sorry you had to post this as many will see it as being a homer, but I didn't have a dog in that fight and I thought the officiating was the worst, most embarassing that I have maybe ever seen. If players can get fined for mistakes they make in the blink of an eye at full speed, then if I was in charge, all these officials' game checks would be a little lighter. You don't know what fricken' down it is? Are you kidding me?!?!?!

I didn't see this game, but I know the Eagles game had some horrible officiating...

Edited by Avernus

I have been saying for a few years that I enjoy the season better when the Raiders (and the Chiefs) don't suck. The season has a taste, a smell to it that raises the expectations of every week. The rivalries are reinvigorated and the games mean so much more. "Raider Week" means something again!

I will admit that both teams look vastly improved. I still also believe that the Chargers ineptness on Special Teams is what lost the games to both the Chiefs (plus the rain helped equalize the talent level) and the Raiders and that they should be sitting on a 1 or 2 game lead in the division. It shows that no matter how good the other 2/3 of your game is, if 1/3 sucks (and the Chargers have the WORST ST in the NFL right now), you will strugglle to win games! The ST in essence spotted the Texans a TD in the beginning of the game this week, but somehow they pulled it off. :lol: The only game the Chargers really were out of was to the Rams, who also are greatly improved this year. As it stands, there is a race on in the AFC West and this makes it a heck of a lot more interesting.

I watched the game as well and it was a fun game to watch. I found myself in one of the most objectionable positions of my football fan life pulling for a, dare I say, Raider win! :tup: (Tighten up the division)

I still think these two teams are now scrappy, middle of the road teams and are fortunate to be in the position they are in. I think that IF the Chargers can fix their ST, they are the best team in the division, at least still for this year. The Raiders need to find a real QB, but seem to have rounded that team out pretty well and the Chiefs are building the kind of O-Line that made them so tough in the past.

Besides Indy, the Chargers have a VERY favorable schedule the rest of the way with Denver twice, @ Cincy, SF, and the second game, both at home, to the Chiefs and Raiders. Win those two and lose only one of the other games puts the Chargers at 10-6, and if that happen, I think the Chargers win the division. The way the Chargers are playing mistake filled ball and crappy ST, I think that is a stretch prediction at this point, but the much needed bye-week is here and they will be getting a bunch of guys back who are the regulars on ST and there could be great improvement.

It should, at the very least, be a fun ride to the finish! :tup::wacko::lol:

Edited by McBoog

Did you actually read what I said?

Yeah, I read it, but lots of times people see complaining about officiating as being a homer, regardless of whether you mention that it was bad on both sides. The implication is that you could be thinking that "it was bad on both sides (but we really got screwed.)"

Just posting as an objective observer that the officiating sucked. Hard.