[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the D's and R's watch on TV

Azazello1313

GOP Shows I watch on a regular basis: Modern Family and NCIS

GOP Shows I watch occasionally: The Mentalist, Two and Half Men

GOP Shows I watch very rarely: Beck, How I Met Your Mother, Lie to Me

DNC Shows I watch regularly: Dexter and Private Practice

DNC Shows I watch occasionally: Olbermann, The Good Wife

the article would be a lot more interesting if they sorted shows on a +/- rating for GOP vs Dem.

For instance:

Glenn Beck would be 238 - 35 = +203

Obermann would be 31 - 184 = -153

Modern Family would be 124 - 108 = +16

Desparate Housewives would be 116 - 116 = 0

etc.

From the lists, the RED Shows I watch, but only from time to time:

The Big Bang Theory

How I Met Your Mother

Two and a Half Men

I don't watch any of the BLUE Shows currently, though a couple years ago I used to watch Olbermann from time to time.

Shows currently on my DVR:

Hawaii Five-0

The Event

No Ordinary Family

Stargate Universe (just starting this one)

Fringe

The League

The Walking Dead

That's about it. Whatever that makes me. :wacko:

From the comments:

stellarsp | Thu, 2010-11-11 15:24.

What this article fails to mention is whether cable subscribers tend to be predominantly Democrats or Republicans. It could be that Republicans tend to watch network shows more because they don't have cable. But the fact that this article doesn't address this at all makes it of very limited use and interest.

I think what the poster is trying to say is you righties are bunch of redneck hillbillies that only get five channels from the antenna on top of your double wide.

:oldrazz:

I'd probably watch that show if it wasn't for him. :wacko:

i worked on that show in the art department for well over a year. Since I was on set every day, I did often cross paths with the cast.

Baldwin is probably the most decent of all the actors I have ever worked for. Always said hello to people on set or at the craft services, held doors open for the people who were working and carrying stuff. Scolded his bitchy assitant for being bitchy with crew.

Tina Fay I have nothing good to say about.

I think it is hard to draw any real conclusions from the list or article, because as wiegie points out, the differential is not really dealt with. I will say that of those that I have seen the only shows that I consider very well crafted shows are either completely dem shows (Mad Men, Dexter, Law and Order, Breaking Bad) or just as popular amongst dems as repubs (mentalist, how i met your mother)

I will also point out that the phrase

“Looking at the Democrats side, I don’t mean to make light of it, but they seem to like shows about damaged people. Those are the kind of shows Republicans just stay away from.”

made me laugh. About 90% of great story telling is based on damaged people...

i worked on that show in the art department for well over a year. Since I was on set every day, I did often cross paths with the cast.

Baldwin is probably the most decent of all the actors I have ever worked for. Always said hello to people on set or at the craft services, held doors open for the people who were working and carrying stuff. Scolded his bitchy assitant for being bitchy with crew.Tina Fay I have nothing good to say about.

I think it is hard to draw any real conclusions from the list or article, because as wiegie points out, the differential is not really dealt with. I will say that of those that I have seen the only shows that I consider very well crafted shows are either completely dem shows (Mad Men, Dexter, Law and Order, Breaking Bad) or just as popular amongst dems as repubs (mentalist, how i met your mother)

I will also point out that the phrase

“Looking at the Democrats side, I don’t mean to make light of it, but they seem to like shows about damaged people. Those are the kind of shows Republicans just stay away from.”

made me laugh. About 90% of great story telling is based on damaged people...

Good to know. I simply hate the character he plays on that show. Too annoying to watch, so I guess that's a compliment to Baldwin's acting...

Agreed on the second bolded bit. Not only is great story telling often based on damaged people, it is often done the best by damaged people.

REP shows I watch:

Modern Family

Big Bang Theory

The Mentalist

How I met your Mother

DEM shows I watch:

30 Rock

- Although I am thinking of giving Community another shot as I caught a random repeat the other day and it was pretty funny