[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This just blows me away

billay

:wacko:

Clearly, she is an adept politician. I simply do not understand haw she can maintain such support after the drubbing the Dems just received. I would have thought the Democratic party had the sense to chart a new course...

And the ineptitude of the Democrats rolls on . . . .

You would think that they would take a page from the GOP handbook and start acting like a unified party. Pelosi is a very divisive figure, NOT someone that can unite the Dems the way the GOP is mobilized in almost complete lockstep with party doctrine.

Plus she is a very, very easy person to dislike . . .

You would think that they would take a page from the GOP handbook and start acting like a unified party.

I don't disagree about the Dems but do you seriously think the Republicans are united? Tea Party and all? Stand back for a little while - there are going to be sparks flying from that side of the aisle.

I don't disagree about the Dems but do you seriously think the Republicans are united? Tea Party and all? Stand back for a little while - there are going to be sparks flying from that side of the aisle.

Up until this most recent election . . . Yes. They have been VERY unified. With the Tea Party in town, we will see how much the GOP will compromise with the n00bs to maintain that unified block of votes. It will be interesting to say the least . . .

You would think that they would take a page from the GOP handbook and start acting like a unified party.

Up until this most recent election . . . Yes. They have been VERY unified.

so you're saying they should follow the "GOP handbook" as it stood up until this most recent election? so in other words, they should follow the 2006 and 2008 "GOP handbook", but not the 2010 "GOP handbook".

I agree with you, that is great advice, I hope the dems follow it. standing behind nancy pelosi is a great first step! :tup:

so you're saying they should follow the "GOP handbook" as it stood up until this most recent election? so in other words, they should follow the 2006 and 2008 "GOP handbook", but not the 2010 "GOP handbook".

I agree with you, that is great advice, I hope the dems follow it. standing behind nancy pelosi is a great first step! :tup:

You aren't paying attention.

The GOP when it comes to party unity and "solidarity" has been practically a unified block for whatever plank of the GOP platform they decide to promote. You see very very very little dissention or opposition to anything that the GOP either wants to block or promote. THAT is the GOP handbook. Absolutely stellar party leadership when it comes to voting and making group decisions as a party. The Dems have NEVER been able to get that kind of obedience to a platform. It always takes dirty back room deals, exceptions and cajoling to get things done. If you are strictly looking at Party organization, I really dont think there is any question that the GOP has a great track record of very tight control over all of "its" reps and their votes.

Also the Republicans have had somewhat strong minority or majority leaders that can command respect of their party. I dont think ANYONE respects Pelosi from the general population outside of San Fransisco. I dont know how many people truly hate Boehner . . but I can guaran-damn-tee that a lot of people loathe Pelosi . . .:tup: Not really a good choice if you plan to salvage the next two years and have a shot at winning the next round of elections, IMO . . . poor strategy by the Democrats.

. . . poor strategy by the Democrats.

Yup. She is and will remain the figurehead of a very lowly rated congress. The house dems should have read the election differently and parted ways with Pelosi. If the economy is not a vastly improved landscape in 2012, the dems will go down again. It'll be too easy for the repubs to paint them as out of touch.

If the economy is not a vastly improved landscape in 2012, the dems will go down again. It'll be too easy for the repubs to paint them as out of touch.

I disagree about that. If the economy is not greatly improved, the opportunity will be there to point fingers at the Republicans in Congress just as much as the Democrats. This is a joint responsibility now.

I disagree about that. If the economy is not greatly improved, the opportunity will be there to point fingers at the Republicans in Congress just as much as the Democrats. This is a joint responsibility now.

But look what they inherited - and don't forget that it could have been worse if it was not for what they did do.

it's now Pelosi's chance to play foil for Obama since bashing GW is out of fashion. she'll keep her "hardline" liberal attitude in place, while Obama campaigns as a "moderate" Democrat with the end-goal being a second term.

not a bad strategy, especially considering the vitriol for Pelosi and a perfect chance for Obama to distance himself from that side of the party.

I think that this might not be a bad strategy (if indeed it is a strategy) for the Dems. I think that they know that Obama is going to be a one-term President, and when he goes down he will drag even more Dems down with him just like this last mid-term election. Nobody else (besides Schuler) wants to be in a leadership position to take more of the blame when this Administration crashes and burns. Instead let Pelosi continue to be one of the top names associated with this debacle.

it's now Pelosi's chance to play foil for Obama since bashing GW is out of fashion. she'll keep her "hardline" liberal attitude in place, while Obama campaigns as a "moderate" Democrat with the end-goal being a second term.

not a bad strategy, especially considering the vitriol for Pelosi and a perfect chance for Obama to distance himself from that side of the party.

I don't think Obama pretending to be a moderate for 2 years is going to fool anyone.

Pelosi is an idiot - with that said though - who else besides me would hit that?

I would hit it like Savage Beatings avatar. :wacko:

I'm thankful I don't have to see her goofy hippie lib Californian twisted morals jumping up and down on Obama everytime he finished a sentence at a State of the Union address. Her electorates have got to be the stupidest people in America.

Edited by TimC