[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Move again?

Jimmy Neutron

Dallas gets on the hot side compared to some other places but it only lasts a month or two

ok I call BS on that one right there. :wacko: maybe there's only one or two months of 98 degrees and 90% humidity, then there's 4 more months of 92 degrees and 85% humidity. if anything, there's only one or two months when it's NOT hot.

I would not think 92 degrees is hot. Anything over 100 is hot. Gets hot sometimes in July, pretty much always in August and then maybe a little at the first of September. It has to be in the 90's or how do you know it is summer? It was in the 90s in Sacramento in July and August anyway with some days of 100.

I'll grant you I would not own a black car with no air conditioning here. But it is a very livable heat here. Plus you get cool thunderstorms in summer.

You do what you do for your family. Getting a better job and increasing your income after taxes is good for your family. Getting away from CA is good for your family.

I went to 24 different schools in 3 different states before I joined the Navy. Our kids went to 12 different schools in 3 different states, 1 different country, and 1 US territory. I didn't suffer for it and we never saw or heard about any suffering from our kids. Military kids seem to have no problem acclimating to new schools and cities. Not sure about civilian kids, but I was a civilian kid and all that moving around sure didn't bother me.

If the wife is supportive of the move....and you get the job.... go for it is my view. If mom and dad are happy it usually follows that the kids see that and they are happy.

Yeah, home prices are definitely a draw. Homes around most areas around Big D are quite affordable.

A friend I used to work with in Utah is a transportation supervisor at the facility I am looking at and he has a great home with horse property for about half what he paid in Utah.

And pretty much all the houses include a decent sized pool too.

:wacko:

92 degrees is practically hell on earth for anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line.

38 degrees going to work this morning . . perfect weather!

Seriously? 92? Do they not sell shorts there? Do they never take off their snow boots?

How hot does it get in the summer if 92 is hot? Does anyone go swimming? 92 is about the perfect summer day. No wonder the people are so pasty white up there. :tup:

Seriously? 92? Do they not sell shorts there? Do they never take off their snow boots?

How hot does it get in the summer if 92 is hot? Does anyone go swimming? 92 is about the perfect summer day. No wonder the people are so pasty white up there. :wacko:

92 is considered pretty damn hot, as is anything over 90. When it reaches 100, all movement stops except the whirring of air conditioners.

And yes, we have shorts but we don't need them for as long as we need snow boots.

This is a good point. The new kid from another state always gets the top shelf action when they move.

My son is very much enjoying that right now. He is accompanied by no fewer than 8 girls as he's picked up from school every day... :tup:

On the other hand... my daughter is surrounded by an unhealthy ratio of boys to her. :tup:

My wife has the nerve to say I have a double standard... :wacko:

My son is very much enjoying that right now. He is accompanied by no fewer than 8 girls as he's picked up from school every day... :tup:

On the other hand... my daughter is surrounded by an unhealthy ratio of boys to her. :tup:

My wife has the nerve to say I have a double standard... :wacko:

Just tell her the truth: It's not a double standard. You are only worried about the number of dicks in the situation, and in his situation there is only one.

92 is considered pretty damn hot, as is anything over 90. When it reaches 100, all movement stops except the whirring of air conditioners.

And yes, we have shorts but we don't need them for as long as we need snow boots.

Meh, 92 is a normal summer day. Now when we hit the upper 90's with the 80 to 90% humidity, that gets a little uncomfortable.

Though, I do have to say one thing, I can put enough clothes on to be warm in freezing/sub-freezing temperatures... When it gets up to 100 with high humidity, you can't take enough clothes off.