[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just picked up a Wii for the family

CaP'N GRuNGe

So i'm new to the whole Wii thing. I picked up the 25th anniversary red Mario edition. Comes with the sports game and Mario game. What are the must have games and accessories for this thing? I saw a lego star wars game that looked pretty cool. What have you got? What's good for young kids (my daughter will soon be 6) and for us grown up types?

I bought the Wii fit thingy for my wife last year because she wanted it soooo badly... Used it twice... I'm not happy.

just think about what you coulda done with the $100. I have the balance board shoved into some drawer somewhere. It said Scooby had the balance of a 70 year old while I was normal, that about ended her desire to use it.

Do you have Netflix? Order the Netflix disc from them (free) and put that on the Wii.

I just found out today that you no longer need the Netflix disc. You can now download and install the software directly from the Wii shopping channel for free. The Netflix app from the Wii channel is better than the one I had on the Netflix disc. It has better browsing capabilities to help you search for movies/shows.

just think about what you coulda done with the $100. I have the balance board shoved into some drawer somewhere. It said Scooby had the balance of a 70 year old while I was normal, that about ended her desire to use it.

apparently they used to board with Punch Out! so you could move with the character in the game....not bad, but never used..

I just found out today that you no longer need the Netflix disc. You can now download and install the software directly from the Wii shopping channel for free. The Netflix app from the Wii channel is better than the one I had on the Netflix disc. It has better browsing capabilities to help you search for movies/shows.

Good to know. I'll go out this weekend and download that. :wacko:

Another plug for Mario Kart, that's the one that never gets old for us. We also just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 & it's been fun so far. Wii Olympics is cool and the Wii fit is as well. As for more adult games, the only one I have is Zelda & it's decent. Looking forward to the new Epic Mickey game. Looks very promising.

FYI, we got Dance Party 2 for my oldest daughter. It's pretty cool, but I definitely don't approve of some of the songs on it. I guess I should have done a little more research before buying, but I wasn't too happy when I heard "brushing my teeth with a bottle of Jack" with my 5 yo standing in front of the TV. :wacko: