[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where's the annual midwest winter weather thread?

chester

Best $599 I ever spent. Did the driveway again this morning plus I've been doing my elderly neighbor's drive all weekend too. The plow guy can't faze me any more.

ETA: Had to dig out the decorative deer on the front lawn. Only his antlers were still visible. :wacko:

Yep. For most of the year, it just takes up room in the garage. But days like yesterday, its worth its weight in gold.

Yep. For most of the year, it just takes up room in the garage. But days like yesterday, its worth its weight in gold.

That's six times I've used it this year already. Four times this weekend, twice before Thanksgiving when we had the heavy wet stuff. That's the usual total for an entire winter.

We don't have anything close to you guys up in Minn, etc. But the meager 6 or so inches we are getting today and tonight started earlier than expected. We have a bit of a reprieve for a few hours right now. Just finished shoveling the walkway and driveway so MrBunz could go to work....lol. Having a nice mug of Spiced Chai tea with honey for the second half of the game! MMmmm.

Cute today though...a little 5 yr old boy came knocking at the door all bundled up asking if we needed our driveway shoveled.

Eating a cookie. :tup:

His dad was down by the sidewalk. Really too cute! And the Mississippi muddogs had fun playing in it today. They LOVE coming in and being rubbed down/dried off. Damn pampered pooches. Wonder how they got that way... :wacko:

Stay safe and warm Huddlers. Beware of the stupid drivers. :tup:

Edited by SteelBunz

We've had about 6 inches of rain since midnight. Some roads have been closed due to water on the roadway and there are mudslides throughout the area.

Take care of your Dad! :wacko:

Best $599 I ever spent. Did the driveway again this morning plus I've been doing my elderly neighbor's drive all weekend too. The plow guy can't faze me any more.

ETA: Had to dig out the decorative deer on the front lawn. Only his antlers were still visible. :tup:

got an appt. at 11:00 for cortizone in both knees and one shoulder to go with my Mexican snowblower :wacko:

ETA: Had to dig out the decorative deer on the front lawn. Only his antlers were still visible. :wacko:

My son who is now 22, born and raised in Houston, loves to go home to visit my mom because if it snows while we are there he gets to run the snowblower. :tup:

My son who is now 22, born and raised in Houston, loves to go home to visit my mom because if it snows while we are there he gets to run the snowblower. :wacko:

My daughter is coming home for Christmas. She lives in Austin and was wearing a scarf Friday because it was "only 74". That is her new standard for cold, apparently. :oldrolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Rare we get lake effect snow in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. There is a band coming off Lake Michigan that has hit us like a bullseye for the last 2 hours, and there's no end in sight. Beautiful, but I'd think our friends on the other side of the lake get pretty sick of it. Perfect end to the day though...