[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

True Grit

fingfootball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this Monday night and liked it a lot. It was understated and not over-the-top quirky or jarring like a lot of past Coen Brothers movies. They threw in a few comic moments which work well, but for the most part they let the amazing cinematography and great performances by the 3 lead actors speak for themselves. I don't particularly like Jeff Bridges but loved his performance here. Hailee Steinfeld has one of the best performances by a child actor I've ever seen.

Watched it last Saturday. I really liked the movie a lot. I thought Bridges did a great job as Rooster. The girl was very good as well. It was one of the few westerns my wife has also enjoyed watching.

i seriously was going by myself and mentioned it to the wife and she said she go with me, so this is good news for her :wacko:

Barry Pepper was the shiznit, I must say. Surprised more aren't talking about him, but the film IS that good when actor #5 is kicking serious ass.

Great point.

... I was really surprised at how often (and how hard) I laughed...

My wife and I nudged each other several times whispering how we need to get our 11.5yo daughter to watch this to see the gritty young girl.

I would see it again in the theater.

Great point.

... I was really surprised at how often (and how hard) I laughed...

My wife and I nudged each other several times whispering how we need to get our 11.5yo daughter to watch this to see the gritty young girl.

I would see it again in the theater.

The wife and I took our 12 y.o. daughter to see it with us. She loved it too.

Finally saw this flick and thoroughly enjoyed it. Bridges, Damon, and Steinfeld were all excellent, but all the other actors (Brolin, etc.) were good as well. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a good western. Well done, Coen brothers!!! :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally saw this in the theater and agree with the rest - very enjoyable and very well made. My wife even really liked it and she normally hates westerns and most other movies that I like. If you miss this in the theaters, catch it as a video for sure.

The only part that was less than excellent to me was the ending which was okay but for some reason was not whatever I expected. Still good though.

• 4 months later...

Watched this last night and I have to admit I expected more. Didnt seem real, to leave Brolin alone with the girl. And the ending kinda sucked, after he carried her for help. But I enjoyed most of it, though I doubt Id watch it again.

I have tombstone on DVD and I watch that one a couple of times a year.

Watched this last night and I have to admit I expected more. Didnt seem real, to leave Brolin alone with the girl. And the ending kinda sucked, after he carried her for help. But I enjoyed most of it, though I doubt Id watch it again.

I have tombstone on DVD and I watch that one a couple of times a year.

tombstone sucks, the Earps were scum.

Say three hail Clint's and go watch the Good, Bad, and the Ugly.