[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Transition Lenses?

FWmaker

I wore them a long time ago. They never got dark enough for me outside and they were never light enough inside. I only kept them for about a year. I ended up really hating them. Start saving your cash now because Lasik is definitely the way to go.

I wore them a long time ago. They never got dark enough for me outside and they were never light enough inside. I only kept them for about a year. I ended up really hating them. Start saving your cash now because Lasik is definitely the way to go.

Those of us with astigmatism aren't always candidates. :wacko: Plus, once you get to 40+ years old, your corneas thin and rule you out as well..I'm just getting a dog and a cane next time, I swear.

I've had Transitions in most of my glasses for 20+ years. They're better now than they used to be, dark enough and clear enough, but sometimes they just can't lighten up fast enough when coming inside. Overall I like them.

Be aware that if you set them down near a window and they're not fully in the light, you can end up with a lens that's partially dark and partially light for a little while.

Those of us with astigmatism aren't always candidates. :wacko: Plus, once you get to 40+ years old, your corneas thin and rule you out as well..I'm just getting a dog and a cane next time, I swear.

Are you sure? I was over 40 when I had mine done and they also corrected an astigmatism I had. I suggest another doc.

Photochromic lenses, of which Transitions is the most well known brand are great if you know what to expect. However, I wouldn't recommend buying Transitions branded lenses. Try LifeRX lenses instead. They change faster and get clearer than Transitions. They will also be cheaper than Transitions.

As someone above mentioned, photochromic lenses will not work when driving because your windshield filters out the UV light that is needed to activate the dye in the lens so you should get a polarized sunglass for driving.

LifeRX lenses are a great everyday lens. I wore them for years before I had LASIK.

I have been wearing them for years. I like them. I just got a set of progressive bifocals with them. I kept my old set of prescription sunglasses (no up close correction) for really bright days or when I am driving.

Well, turns out I need to get progressives - or at least that way I won't need two sets of glasses. Going WITHOUT transition lenses. Getting a pair w/ a magnetic sunglass clip.

After the exam, I got the feeling that when I got to the optometrist's counter and sales staff, that I was in a car dealership with the salesman. Coatings, extras, etc. I'm waiting to talk to owner that I've known for 25 yrs. He's stuck in Florida until NY thaws out.

Thanks, all

Photochromic lenses, of which Transitions is the most well known brand are great if you know what to expect. However, I wouldn't recommend buying Transitions branded lenses. Try LifeRX lenses instead. They change faster and get clearer than Transitions. They will also be cheaper than Transitions.

As someone above mentioned, photochromic lenses will not work when driving because your windshield filters out the UV light that is needed to activate the dye in the lens so you should get a polarized sunglass for driving.

LifeRX lenses are a great everyday lens. I wore them for years before I had LASIK.

Nod!

I got transition lenses but I demanded POLARIZED! :tup: They didn't work! The diff between dark and light was not noticeable! Get the reg glasses and the magnet clip-on. Granted this was 10 years ago, not sure if the technology has changed. :wacko: