[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone here have RLS?

cliaz

I have it and can remember always have it. It wasn't until my wife was pregnant that we found out it was an actual thing. I had always thought the wiring in my legs was messed up.

For the past month it has come on strong and, for the past month, I have averaged 3 to 4 hours a sleep a night. And that period isn't solid, it's broken up sleep. I'm sitting here today looking like death warmed over and experienced my first sleep deprived hallucination. I thought I had a beagle sitting at my feet waging its tail and went to pet it.

Question I haave is for anyone who also has this, what do you do to keep your legs from creepy crawly? I've done hour long massages, stretched them, even took a long walk at 2 in the morning but nothing is working;

After you fall asleep, your legs may begin to jerk or move. These movements are called periodic limb movements. They can wake you from sleep, which adds to your being overtired. Although periodic limb movement is considered a separate condition, it often happens to people who have restless legs syndrome.

This is exactly what gets me except it happens while I am awake laying in bed trying to go to sleep. I get the weerd feeling like normal RSL and then it peaks with the leg movements.

Question I haave is for anyone who also has this, what do you do to keep your legs from creepy crawly?

My wife has it. I give her footrubs for it, which work very well.

There you go Cliaz. Let Ursa rub your feet and you're all set

There isn't enough money in the whole world, despite T-bone's best efforts.

::State Senator Clay Davis:: Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ::/State Senator Clay Davis::

Everyone has a price. I beg you if I threw down $5,000 in cash you would rub my dogs and even use that sand paper pad to soften my heels.

::State Senator Clay Davis:: Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ::/State Senator Clay Davis::

Everyone has a price. I beg you if I threw down $5,000 in cash you would rub my dogs and even use that sand paper pad to soften my heels.

Um..........no.

I have a mild case and it comes and goes. When I have it I want to go crazy. It may be hereditary as my mom and brother both have it as well. My mom's case is worse than mine and I believe she takes meds to help her sleep. Not sure what she takes but I can check. I would ask your doctor about it though.

I have a mild case and it comes and goes. When I have it I want to go crazy. It may be hereditary as my mom and brother both have it as well. My mom's case is worse than mine and I believe she takes meds to help her sleep. Not sure what she takes but I can check. I would ask your doctor about it though.

Thanks but I've tried various sleep medications. All it does is make me more tired when I'm dealing with the crazy legs. What I need is a way to keep it from happening all together. I just dispatched the female parental unit out to pick up some ace bandages and I'm goign to wrap my legs tonight and see if that helps.

Unless you're going to Vegas with a wad in your pocket, DO NOT take Mirapex! I nearly fell out of my chair when I watched the ad on TV:

This "restless leg syndrome drug" according to the high-speed voice over, can cause "increased gambling, sexual, or other overpowering urges".

:wacko::tup: I love how they make them list all the side-effects now.

I have it and can remember always have it. It wasn't until my wife was pregnant that we found out it was an actual thing. I had always thought the wiring in my legs was messed up.

For the past month it has come on strong and, for the past month, I have averaged 3 to 4 hours a sleep a night. And that period isn't solid, it's broken up sleep. I'm sitting here today looking like death warmed over and experienced my first sleep deprived hallucination. I thought I had a beagle sitting at my feet waging its tail and went to pet it.

Question I haave is for anyone who also has this, what do you do to keep your legs from creepy crawly? I've done hour long massages, stretched them, even took a long walk at 2 in the morning but nothing is working;

RLS is often caused by a magnesium deficiency. Try supplementing with Mg. The type Mg matters. Cheap magnesium supplements are not well absorbed and stay in the gut causing a laxative effect. If constipation is the issue, then that's what you want (milk of magnesia, for example).

For you, however, I recommend magnesium glycinate. It is well absorbed and relieves the symptoms of magnesium deficiency. My mom suffered from severe night-time leg cramps, insomnia, and irregular heart beats (all due to low Mg). I bought her some and suggested she take a whole gram in divided doses until she got better. After a few days of 400mg for breakfast, 300mg at lunch, and 300mg at dinner, she felt much better. Now she just needs 100mg at each meal to maintain a sufficient level.

Good luck. Let me know how it works out.

EDIT: math typo

Edited by 10g_DBA

RLS is often caused by a magnesium deficiency. Try supplementing with Mg. The type Mg matters. Cheap magnesium supplements are not well absorbed and stay in the gut causing a laxative effect. If constipation is the issue, then that's what you want (milk of magnesia, for example).

For you, however, I recommend magnesium glycinate. It is well absorbed and relieves the symptoms of magnesium deficiency. My mom suffered from severe night-time leg cramps, insomnia, and irregular heart beats (all due to low Mg). I bought her some and suggested she take a whole gram in divided doses until she got better. After a few days of 400mg for breakfast, 300mg at lunch, and 300mg at dinner, she felt much better. Now she just needs 100mg at each meal to maintain a sufficient level.

Good luck. Let me know how it works out.

EDIT: math typo

I'm heading to my pharmacist at CVS tomorrow morning. If this really works I will totally freak out. You have no idea what hell a simple thing like trying to go to sleep is to someone like me. I may stalk you for the rest of my life.

Unless you're going to Vegas with a wad in your pocket, DO NOT take Mirapex! I nearly fell out of my chair when I watched the ad on TV:

:wacko::tup: I love how they make them list all the side-effects now.

The main problem with RLS is that it has such a god awful name.

My wife and I have laughed heartily at the plight of RLS sufferers when we saw the ads on TV that list side effects of "possible hot dog fingers, labrador head, sensation of puddy, increased polksalet, and indiscriminate H8" for something that sounds like having a twitchy leg. Obviously the suffering is real though. Hope you find relief...

Thanks but I've tried various sleep medications. All it does is make me more tired when I'm dealing with the crazy legs. What I need is a way to keep it from happening all together. I just dispatched the female parental unit out to pick up some ace bandages and I'm goign to wrap my legs tonight and see if that helps.

well, I am not sure what she is taking. I know it helps her sleep but it may because it treats the problem as a whole. I know she had a very bad case and is managing it now. i will check with her but it will be a bit as she is in the hospital recovering from an unrelated surgery. But if I were you I would check with my doctor. why would you consult and internet message board and not your doctor. even if you are cliaz batdiaper dirt crazy.