[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC Final Four

gilthorp

Jets/Pats

Ravens/Steelers

I really don't think it could be scripted any better. You have four teams that truly hate each other, with more than usual venom.

Both games will be slug fests, especially the Ravens/Steelers.

There are no secrets, it will come down to execution on offense, and desire on defense...Special teams will rule the day.

For someone that has no skin in the game on that side of the league, it really can not get any better.

Venom? Much to mild a word for Jets fans. Hard core hatred.

Half a league half a league,

Half a league onward,

All in the valley of Death

Rode the green and white:

'Forward, the the running backs!

Charge for the goal posts' he said:

Into the valley of Death

Rode the green and white.

'Forward, the pass rush!'

Was there a man dismay'd ?

Not tho' the player knew

Some one had blunder'd:

Theirs not to make reply,

Theirs not to reason why,

Theirs but to do & die,

Into the valley of Death

Gronkowski to right of them,

Hernandez to left of them,

Brady in front of them

Blocked and tackled;

Held and tripped,

Boldly they played and well,

Into the jaws of Death,

Into the mouth of Hell

Flash'd all their mouthpieces bare,

Flash'd as they turn'd in air

Tripping the gunners there,

Blitzing an army while

All the NFL wonder'd:

Plunged in the ground and pound

Right thro' the line they broke;

Mayo & Chung

Reel'd from the drive blocking,

Shatter'd & sunder'd.

Then they walked back, but not

Not the green and white.

Homers to right of them,

Homers to left of them,

Homers behind them

Passed and ran;

Storm'd at with shouts and schrill,

While Ryan & Sanchez fell,

They that had fought so well

Came thro' the jaws of Death,

Back from the mouth of Hell,

All that was left of them,

Left of green and white.

When can their glory fade?

O the wild charge they made!

All the world wonder'd.

Honour the charge they made!

Honour the Blitzing Brigade,

Noble green and white!

Personally, I don't think the Jets have a chance in hell against the Patsies next week. I think we'll see the Ravens playing the Pats in the AFC Championship. For some reason, I think the Steelers are just a notch below the Ravens at this stage of the season.

Personally, I don't think the Jets have a chance in hell against the Patsies next week. I think we'll see the Ravens playing the Pats in the AFC Championship. For some reason, I think the Steelers are just a notch below the Ravens at this stage of the season.

Nor do I, thus my anti-Menudo impression silliness. Sanchez is not ready to beat the Pats. More disconcerting is the notion he may never be.

I have to go with the Steelers at home, but the Ravens are certainly capable of taking them down.

Just remember, the Browns beat the Pats this year...Any Given Sunday.

The Jets are just the unpredictable type to pull it off. I think the Pats will prevail but I wouldnt let the ass whoopin tha Pats layed on the Jets the last time they met lull me to a false sense of security if I am the Pats or their fans. As far as Ravens Steelers. You just dont get a better hard nosed old school match up. Its just classic football when they meet and its usually decided late by a big play on D. It is going to be an awesome weekend of football :wacko:

Sanchez looks to me like he has the smarts and physical skills. I think what he doesn't have yet is the disposition. He goes too high/too low emotionally when it's on the line - a la buck fever. I think he could come around, but not with the current a-hole Rex Ryan in charge. :wacko:

I understand Keg.

However, it is my opinion that the Jets don't stand a chance with the QB they have. 10 point victory for the Patsies.

Thus my comment about the disposition. There's a reason Ryan is called "Matty Ice" and Montana was called "Joe Cool". Some guys just don't get rattled. Sanchez isn't one of those guys. And IMO, Rex Ryan isn't patient enough to make him into one. JMO :wacko:

He looked like scared little kid to me today. He will fold bigtime next week.

Thus my comment about the disposition. There's a reason Ryan is called "Matty Ice" and Montana was called "Joe Cool". Some guys just don't get rattled. Sanchez isn't one of those guys. And IMO, Rex Ryan isn't patient enough to make him into one. JMO :tup:

You really think Sanchez's over throws are somehow Ryan's fault?

:wacko::rofl::lol:

The Jets are built on their strong O-Line, Running game and D. Sanchez needs to just become Big Ben. A guy that can make a play or win a game when you need him but can basically ride Polamalu and his running games Coat tails

Edited by whomper

Nor do I, thus my anti-Menudo impression silliness. Sanchez is not ready to beat the Pats. More disconcerting is the notion he may never be.

I have to go with the Steelers at home, but the Ravens are certainly capable of taking them down.

I didn't think Sanchez could beat the Colts either. And he's already beaten the Pats once this year. I understand if this post is one of those homer-ish reverse psychology deals... But either team could win either game. I'm glad the best teams won in the AFC. We are going to have one craptastic game when Seattle travels to Chicago. It's a team with a losing record (even after the NO win) against a team that nobody thinks is as good as their record. Delicious!!!

I didn't think Sanchez could beat the Colts either. And he's already beaten the Pats once this year. I understand if this post is one of those homer-ish reverse psychology deals... But either team could win either game. I'm glad the best teams won in the AFC. We are going to have one craptastic game when Seattle travels to Chicago. It's a team with a losing record (even after the NO win) against a team that nobody thinks is as good as their record. Delicious!!!

:wacko: Bingo. I think Rovers is laying the "We cant win homerish reverse psycology deals" on pretty thick this year

But you do have a game that set the 2 best NFC teams (IMO) against each other in GB and ATL. NO obviously is not as good as everyone thought or they would not have been spanked in Seattle, so it looks like there were 4 pretenders in the NFC.