[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I haven't had caffeine in 5 days

TimC

I used to have 1 Pepsi a day...sometimes 2. I don't drink coffee and drink decaf iced tea. I decided to see if quitting caffeine was as difficult as quitting smokes was 4 years ago. I stopped on Thursday. I've been drinking lots of water and OJ. I woke up Sunday with one of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life. I was jittery and shaky and couldn't focus. It was a completely different feeling than quitting smoking. It got so bad I actually took a Hydrocodin I had leftover from my last dentist appointment. Today is Tuesday and I'm 100% fine.

I don't think one Pepsi per day is bad for you, but I was curious. I want to drop about 20 pounds and figure skipping a Pepsi or two per day might help.

Still a little unfocused.

I'm a big cofee drinker. Last year, I cut out all caffeine for 2 weeks. I was suprised by the diffuse aches and pains, headache and my irritabilty for 2 or 3 days.

As far as your sugar laden Pepsi goes Timmmayy - stop drinking it. Regular soda borders on poison IMO. You give up sugar, you will lose weight. You significantly reduce starches at the same time, you will lose more, and your overall health will improve.

People who laugh at somebody who gets a diet coke with a hugh hamburger have no idea what they are talking about.

I used to have 1 Pepsi a day...sometimes 2. I don't drink coffee and drink decaf iced tea. I decided to see if quitting caffeine was as difficult as quitting smokes was 4 years ago. I stopped on Thursday. I've been drinking lots of water and OJ. I woke up Sunday with one of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life. I was jittery and shaky and couldn't focus. It was a completely different feeling than quitting smoking. It got so bad I actually took a Hydrocodin I had leftover from my last dentist appointment. Today is Tuesday and I'm 100% fine.

I don't think one Pepsi per day is bad for you, but I was curious. I want to drop about 20 pounds and figure skipping a Pepsi or two per day might help.

Still a little unfocused.

I quit caffeine for about 4 years at one point. I distinctly remember the reason why. I had been out partying the night before and was drinking jack and coke, heavily. I got extremely sick. Few nights later, jack and coke, same thing. About a week later Jack and coke, same thing. The next night I switched it up to Jack and Ginger Ale, no sickness or hangover.

From this I concluded that the caffeine was taking it's toll on my body. So, I quit drinking caffeine. For about a week I went through withdrawals, they were awful (even worse than the withdrawals I had from not going to the Cheetah following my nuptials.)

One day My roommate came home, I was sitting there eating pizza and had a 2 liter of Mountain Dew, he looked at me funny and asked "what the hell are you drinking?" I replied, "Mountiain Dew, why?" "Dude, that stuff is loaded with caffeine!" Well, I was awake for about a day and a half as I had finished about 1/2 of a 2 liter of that stuff. Stomach felt a little queasy for the better part of two days.

I slowly got back on caffeine and wish I never had. THough, I don't drink coffee but maybe once or twice per month.

I've had chronic stomach issues for the past 5 years or so, and have had to give up caffeine and alcohol. Both really irritate my stomach, especially coffee. I'll sneak a diet Coke very occasionally and I'm usually okay if I have it with food. But I don't like to make a habit of it.

And yeah, caffeine withdrawal is horrific. I had bad headaches and irritibility for about a week. I don't have physical cravings now, but do miss the morning jolt to help me focus at work. And if I go to Wawa, I do wish I could have a nice hot cup of rich, delicious hazelnut coffee with a splash of half & half. Dammit.

I quit for about 2 days last week..... tough to break the habit as I really enjoy having my midday Diet Coke with lunch. I seem to go in phases. Most of the time, I am able to stick to the one diet coke a day, but when it gets hectic at work and I know I'll be putting in the long hours, I can go through a hell of a lot of diet coke. I am not a coffee drinker, so I'll sometimes have one in the morning to kick start the day.

I'm a big cofee drinker. Last year, I cut out all caffeine for 2 weeks. I was suprised by the diffuse aches and pains, headache and my irritabilty for 2 or 3 days.

As far as your sugar laden Pepsi goes Timmmayy - stop drinking it. Regular soda borders on poison IMO. You give up sugar, you will lose weight. You significantly reduce starches at the same time, you will lose more, and your overall health will improve.

People who laugh at somebody who gets a diet coke with a hugh hamburger have no idea what they are talking about.

Isn't not funny to openly laugh at fat people any more? :wacko:

You do realize that diet coke is probably worse than anything else (save energy drinks) that you can put in your body don't you?

I used to drink that Lipton iced tea mix that comes in the big can. I would drink it all day. I stopped, and then limited myself to two Dr Peppers a day -- a can for lunch and one for dinner. I have never had coffee and don't drink alcohol. I am very routine-oriented and eat at the same time every day. If I don't have a soda by 1 pm, I get a headache. I don't need to drink one for dinner, but I enjoy the taste, and I feel like two per day is drinking in moderation. Or maybe I'm just rationalizing because I'm too weak-willed to quit.

I'm surprised to hear how some of you experience caffiene witdrawal. I always have one HUGHmongous cup of coffee in the morning, but that's it... if I drink any soda pop, it's caffiene free and diet. I've found it easy to stop on the coffee, every time I try to quit smoking, it's NO coffee. Never seemed to bother me, just took a little longer to wake up.

OJ isn't all that great for you either, stuff is loaded with sugar. Low cal cranberry juice is much better.

As far as drinking regular Coke or Pepsi... that stuff is downright unhealthy.

No. I don't think that your statement is true.

Educate me.

* Aspartameis a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you'll notice that when using Aspartame, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet! This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you won't lose weight using it.

BTW, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70's in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world) because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.

* Aspartame (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jello. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the "Burning Mouth Syndrome" experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually Methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.

* Aspartame 10% Methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.

* Aspartame 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.

* Aspartame triggers Migraine Headaches This even happened to me!. The Usenet is filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.

* Aspartame breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.

The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway!

* Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame because they are well aware of the documented dangers.

* Aspartame also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discounted the tumors.

Aspartame is nasty stuff.

Dude, where did you get that "information" from?

It looks like its straight from an e-mail chain.

It's all true. In all my years of flying, never once have I witnessed an airline pilot drinking a Diet Coke, nor any other soft drink for that matter. They know the deal with the aspartame.

It's all true. In all my years of flying, never once have I witnessed an airline pilot drinking a Diet Coke, nor any other soft drink for that matter. They know the deal with the aspartame.

Based on where you chose to live your power to observe your surroundings with any accuracy is questionable at best.

:wacko:

Dude, where did you get that "information" from?

It looks like its straight from an e-mail chain.

I got it off a Detroit Lions blog. :wacko:

I got it off a health first site. You think I can come up with big words like that by myself? Back to topic though, yeah Diet Coke is some nasty, nasty stuff man.

ETA: I just realized I failed to credit the site. :tup: my bad

Edited by tazinib1

No caffeine for 5 days? Mrs HR has been gone on a "business" cruise to the Caribbean since last Monday with all her old biddy girlfriends. So I've gone without pussley for 7 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes!! How the hell do ya think I'm feeling!!

I got it off a Detroit Lions blog. :wacko:

I got it off a health first site. You think I can come up with big words like that by myself? Back to topic though, yeah Diet Coke is some nasty, nasty stuff man.

ETA: I just realized I failed to credit the site. :tup: my bad

Ok. I spent a few minutes on Google.

I call bulls*t on your entire post.

Nothing personal.

Aspartame has been the subject of several controversies and hoaxes since its initial approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974. Critics allege that conflicts of interest marred the FDA's approval of aspartame, question the quality of the initial research supporting its safety,[38][39][40] and postulate that numerous health risks may be associated with aspartame.

The validity of these claims has been examined and dismissed.[38][3][41] In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame.[38][42] Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide,[43][44] with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut".[45] The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a non-nutritive sweetener.[3]

No caffeine for 5 days? Mrs HR has been gone on a "business" cruise to the Caribbean since last Monday with all her old biddy girlfriends. So I've gone without pussley for 7 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes!! How the hell do ya think I'm feeling!!

Wife had the kid December 27th. She closed up shop a couple weeks before hand, and in the 5 weeks since the shop is closed, though she did allow for some "maintenance" maybe once early on... so I am on a much bigger dryspell than you and as grumpy as bpwallace without his coffee

Wife had the kid December 27th. She closed up shop a couple weeks before hand, and in the 5 weeks since the shop is closed, though she did allow for some "maintenance" maybe once early on... so I am on a much bigger dryspell than you and as grumpy as bpwallace without his coffee

:tup::lol:

:wacko: