[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

an 8.8 (!) magnitude earthquake has near Japan

wiegie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our BCP person contacted me and ask if they should evacuate their building in San Fran. It's right on the inlet into the bay and 2 blocks from the bay shore. I told them I would suggest moving the people on the first 3 floors upstairs. I don't see a major impact in the area right now but it's hard to tell. Tsunami warns are issued but I don't see the WC getting 3 meter high waves. However, if something does get into the bay and because it is a closed in area, a small 1 meter wave can bounce around for a long time in there causing all sorts of damage.

now possibly fixing to hit the west coast :wacko:

Parts of Cali being evacuated...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/1...ning/index.html

NEW: California counties of Del Norte, San Mateo and Humboldt issued evacuation orders

NEW: Authorities are evacuating areas stretching from Santa Barbara to the Mexican border

Parts of Cali being evacuated...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/1...ning/index.html

NEW: California counties of Del Norte, San Mateo and Humboldt issued evacuation orders

NEW: Authorities are evacuating areas stretching from Santa Barbara to the Mexican border

A 7 foot wave just hit Maui. I asked corporate to evacuate the San Fran building. We have about 3 to 4 hours before that wave hits the WC

5 million buildings without power in Japan

5 nuclear power planets shut down

These are a very significant representation of the scope of damage this event has dished out. I can say that the power plant more than likely shut down because of their contingency/disaster plans which, in turn affects the 5 million building number so not all of those are directly related to damage from the event.

5 million buildings without power in Japan

5 nuclear power planets shut down

These are a very significant representation of the scope of damage this event has dished out. I can say that the power plant more than likely shut down because of their contingency/disaster plans which, in turn affects the 5 million building number so not all of those are directly related to damage from the event.

Nuclear power plants have built in shut down procedures in place when an earth quake hits a certain magnitude. They would have shut down, damage or not.

Interesting listen, albeit a bit cold - about how something this severe to one of the world's biggest economy's, will stimulate the global recovery.

Every angle is covered when it comes to these things. The meltdown just seems inevitable.