[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Supplements...anybody take them?

tazinib1

I just got done doing a 5 day supplement infomercial for Omega Q Plus this week. When we started, Dr.Sinatra gave the crew a free 3 month supply of the supplement. I'm usually very skeptical of any sort of "Dietary Supplement" but I said screw it and tried it out. I'm on day 5 and I can honestly say I feel a difference. The Ingredients include Calamarine Oil, which from my understanding, "helps in supporting healthy blood pressure, circulation, and HDL cholesterol, as well as eye, brain, and colon health."

Do any of you Huddlers take any form of supplements and if you do, what are some of the positive effects you have felt? Any side effects?

Multi-Vitamin

I'll load up on vitamin C if I think I'm coming down with something.

7 or 8 weeks ago I started a diet that is a very low calorie diet and as a result I'll have a protein shake as a meal replacement once or twice a day depending on what I eat for lunch. I drink a shake for breakfast, and then if I have a reasonable lunch, I'll eat a reasonable dinner. If is splurge at lunch then I'll have a shake for dinner as well. I'm trying to get 60-80% of my calories from protein and as little fat as possible. The protein powder I'm using doesn't have any carbs, but it does have a lot of vitamins in it. Since starting the diet I've lost 45 lbs.

Also I've been getting a B-12 injection once a week to help with energy while I've been doing the low calorie diet. Once I get to where I want to be I'll probably start taking B-12 capsules rather than the injections as I've noticed a marked improvement in my energy level since taking the injections thought they are somewhat cost prohibitive.

Interesting that there are Fish Oil responses. Omega Q Plus has squid oil which doesn't leave a "fish" taste and is more effective from what I've read.

The one thing you have to remember about supplements - for every article out there promoting it, there's another one stating the opposite.

The one thing you have to remember about supplements - for every article out there promoting it, there's another one stating the opposite.

I thought of this as well and I havn't really found any negative feedback on this particular supplement except some people complaining of an itchy rash as a side effect.

Pretty much. Near as I can tell, there's still nothing conclusive proving vitamins/etc (ie "supplements") have any real benefit.

Pretty much. Near as I can tell, there's still nothing conclusive proving vitamins/etc (ie "supplements") have any real benefit.

Yup, I just like the boost to cover any deficiencies I might not be able to get through a normal day of eating.

I will say, the fish oil and glucosamine actually work. They help with sore joints after extensive training and I noticed a huge difference once I started taking them,

6g fish oil

1g borage oil

2g flax seed oil

1000mg vitamin c

4 of these http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=s...ed=0CCEQ8wIwAA#

4 scoops of this http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=s...ed=0CCEQ8wIwAA#

I take an aspirin a couple times a week. I was on niacin but it really jacked up some of my joints so it is now off the menu.

Yup, I just like the boost to cover any deficiencies I might not be able to get through a normal day of eating.

I will say, the fish oil and glucosamine actually work. They help with sore joints after extensive training and I noticed a huge difference once I started taking them,

I've hit the cutoff line on cortizone and that oil they shoot in yer knees didn't work and i'm to young for a knee replacement, my Ortho. Dr. said ta go ahead and try this. My MIL even bought me 2 big jars at Sams club cause that chit is spendy. Maybe i'll get it off the shelf

I've hit the cutoff line on cortizone and that oil they shoot in yer knees didn't work and i'm to young for a knee replacement, my Ortho. Dr. said ta go ahead and try this. My MIL even bought me 2 big jars at Sams club cause that chit is spendy. Maybe i'll get it off the shelf

It's worth a try. I'm a believer.

• 4 months later...

Men's multi, fish oil 3x/day, and an herbal supplement that gives me more freaking wood than Sequoia National Forest. Also just started taking sea buckthorn oil capsules because they are supposed to be good for something, I forget what.

Daily:

2 Cokes

1 pack of Marlboro Ultralights

Diovan

1 Pack of Little Debbie Frosted Doughnuts.

I'm 10% body fat, can run a 6 minute mile and can kill most men with one blow from my hammer like fists. :wacko: