[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone convince me that taking Prince is a good pick

detlef

From what I hear he's a great shut-down corner. Not the physical freak that Peterson is, but maybe the best pure corner in the draft. Draft-nicks? Is this true?

Assuming that the top 6 picks go chalk and neither Peterson or Gabbard (or any of the other studs) is there, would you rather order up some beef on the line or put a pure coverage guy into your D backfield? Understanding that you've now dropped into the next tier where you're taking the first guy among a run of players who could just as easily go 7th or 14th as opposed to getting lucky and grabbing a guy at 7 who could have just as easily gone in any of the first 6 spots.

If he had better ball skills, I think he'd be the top pure CB and honestly, I think he plays better press coverage than Peterson does.

Peterson gets the nod because he has punt/kick return abilities and his ball skills are top notch. That said, I've heard many experts say that Peterson might be a better safety than corner.

If he had better ball skills, I think he'd be the top pure CB and honestly, I think he plays better press coverage than Peterson does.

Peterson gets the nod because he has punt/kick return abilities and his ball skills are top notch. That said, I've heard many experts say that Peterson might be a better safety than corner.

The read on peterson is "Runs like a corner, built like a LB. Sounds like the second coming of Shaun Taylor.

I'm not sure I'd go Revis, but he sure looked good both times UW played against him. He's certainly one of the better cover CB prospects to come down the pike over the last few years. I think Jimmy Smith could potentially be a better player, but Prince obviously has a lot lower bust factor. Plus, he's got a CB name, which is an essential.

Looking through the list of needs for the 49er's and receiver isn't really even on page 1.

I know and my post just assumes my first 15 draft picks are right. WR is definitely a low priority for them but if Gabbert is gone and Julio is there it would be hard to pass him up. Just saying - I'm sure it won't shake out that way.

I know and my post just assumes my first 15 draft picks are right. WR is definitely a low priority for them but if Gabbert is gone and Julio is there it would be hard to pass him up. Just saying - I'm sure it won't shake out that way.

I could honestly see them looking for a deep threat at some point but, technically, two of their 10 best players are in charge of catching passes, so that would seem to be an odd place to go with pick #1.

Not considering the other players that could come in and start at other positions. I mean, the good news is that SF is probably the most talented team to be picking #7 in some time, so it's not like they have a ton of issues. But WR would seem like a strange place to go.

we got little iron head. SWEET

I was very happy with the pick. There are some decent CB's still out there. I wouldn't be unhappy if they trade up for one, if they feel it is necessary. The kid I like Ras-I Dowling from Virginia. Prior to injury, he was a lock for the 1st round, and his ceiling is through the roof. He sounds like a perfect candidate to take a shot at in the 2nd round, if possible.

Whoopsie.

And they weren't going to take him even if he was there.

I have no idea about the kid they took. I'll be honest, I'd really gotten comfortable with the thought of them taking Prince and, not know what he looked like, was hoping that was the guy on the phone at their pick. Prisco gave them a D for the pick and I can't say I like the thought of a DE who has a rap for "being afraid of contact". But I'm also not going to pretend to know better than the SF scouts about what they need and who they want to fill it.

It would certainly be much cooler to be more excited about the pick but I'll take being happy a year from now than today. Hopefully that will be the case.

I've seen every game that Prince has played in college and the progress he has made in switching to CB (he was originally recruited as a RB if I remember correctly) is pretty awesome. I think he'll be very good for the Giants.