[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taxing your car per mile

DMD

So instead of being angry that another tax increase is being kicked around - most of you are coming up with more 'logical' tax increases :tup::wacko: You should all be angry over this, not trying to come up with other tax ideas

Nice work you obedient robots :lol:

Pissing contest in 3... 2... 1...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see that you have come around from where you used to be

hmm, I did raise good points back then. :wacko:

just plain taxing per mile WOULD be stupid. taxing for use with different rates for high-traffic versus low-traffic times and areas, heavy and light vehicles, and so on could in theory be close to optimal. and gas tax as a de facto use tax will in fact become less effective as alternate fuel vehicles grow in popularity. BUT, at this point, it does seem that just raising gas taxes would be the simpler, better way of taxing driving.

Some of us think that potentially it might REPLACE other taxes, not add to them.

Nice work, Pavlov's dog.

That is a joke...and you know it. There is only one reason for a tax...to spend more money. Even if it replaced a tax, the only way that would happen was that if they garnered more revenue with the new tax.

So instead of being angry that another tax increase is being kicked around - most of you are coming up with more 'logical' tax increases :tup::wacko: You should all be angry over this, not trying to come up with other tax ideas

Nice work you obedient robots :lol:

+1. We're taxed enough. Dont even tell me there should be another tax on gas, cars, or anything else. Its horse SHAM WOW! that we get hit the way we do already. Unless you think the economy is in good shape. Which some of you probably DO think that.

The system is broken. Taxing us more isnt gonna fix it. The only thing that will is the big bad wolf when he huffs and puffs and blows the whole thing down.

+1. We're taxed enough. Dont even tell me there should be another tax on gas, cars, or anything else. Its horse SHAM WOW! that we get hit the way we do already. Unless you think the economy is in good shape. Which some of you probably DO think that.

The system is broken. Taxing us more isnt gonna fix it. The only thing that will is the big bad wolf when he huffs and puffs and blows the whole thing down.

When the wolf is done can you send her to my house?

:wacko: THEY ALREADY DO IT FROM THE GAS END...GEEZ...HOW MUCH MORE DO THEY NEED....STOP EFFING SPENDING MORE MONEY THAN YOU HAVE INSTEAD OF LAYING AWAKE AT NIGHT THINKING OF MORE WAYS TO TAKE INCOME

Hey shouty. Perhaps I miscommunicated. I am not saying they should or they shouldn't but if they need to pick up the revenue, I just think that taxing gas is a better idea. It seems a lot easy and a lot cheaper to manage. Take an aromatheropy bubble bath or something sport. You need to relax.

Tax his land,

Tax his bed,

Tax the table

At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,

Tax his mule,

Teach him taxes

Are the rule.

Tax his work,

Tax his pay,

He works for peanuts

Anyway!

Tax his cow,

Tax his goat,

Tax his pants,

Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,

Tax his shirt,

Tax his work,

Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,

Tax his drink,

Tax him if he

Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,

Tax his beers,

If he cries

Tax his tears.

Tax his car,

Tax his gas,

Find other ways

To tax his ass.

Tax all he has

Then let him know

That you won't be done

Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;

Then tax him some more,

Tax him till

He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,

Tax his grave,

Tax the sod in

Which he's laid.

Put these words

Upon his tomb,

Taxes drove me

to my doom...'

When he's gone,

Do not relax,

Its time to apply

The inheritance tax.

Edited by Brentastic

According to recent OECD statistics, the only OECD nations that pay lower taxes than the US does are Mexico and Chile.

If you like low taxes, adios, amigo.

Can we loo at the collection rates of these other countries that tax so heavily? Take Italy and Greece as an example.

can't be as bad as what they say about youtube videos made by basement dwellers that supposedly hold the secrets of the universe.

Wow, dude...