[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another iTunes problem

rajncajn

My PC is crashing when I plug in any Apple device. I'm currently running iTunes 10.2.2 and Windows 7. As soon as I plug in either the iPod or iPhone and the system recognizes it the whole thing crashes. I've tried plugging into other USB ports & I've also tried plugging in other devices & everything works fine but the Apple stuff. :wacko:

My PC is crashing when I plug in any Apple device. I'm currently running iTunes 10.2.2 and Windows 7. As soon as I plug in either the iPod or iPhone and the system recognizes it the whole thing crashes. I've tried plugging into other USB ports & I've also tried plugging in other devices & everything works fine but the Apple stuff. :wacko:

I'm on 10.2.2.12. I only have an iPod but I'm having none of these problems. Is an upgrade available?

iTunes itself runs fine. it's only when I plug in a device. I've tried repairing it and I've tried reinstalling it. Now I'm going to try plugging in the device with iTunes uninstalled. Could possibly be the Apple Mobile Device Support program as well.

OK, uninstalled iTunes & it still crashes, uninstalling the Apple Mobile Device Support program now.

Ursa, are you running 64 or 32 bit?

64 bit. Just for grins, I ejected and reconnected my iPod a couple times and there were no problems.

clearly your lowly PC just can't handle the awesomeness you are trying to connect it to. the answer, of course, is to toss that piece of crap and spend 3 times more for a mac.

Three years ago, when I started back in school, I needed a laptop. Being fed up with the weekly/daily/hourly maintenance my PC required, I bought a Macbook.

In three years, know how many times my Mac crashed?

Zero

In three years, know how many times my Mac froze up?

Zero

In three years, know how many times my Mac got a virus/trojan/malware?

Zero

In three years, know how many peripheral programs I had to install to keep out viruses/trojans/malware?

Zero

In three years, know how many conflicts my Mac had whenever I attempted to install a new device or software?

Zero

In three years, know how many hours I spent just trying to keep my mac in working order?

Zero

How much is your peace of mind worth?

Three years ago, when I started back in school, I needed a laptop. Being fed up with the weekly/daily/hourly maintenance my PC required, I bought a Macbook.

Zero

Zero

Zero

In three years, know how many peripheral programs I had to install to keep out viruses/trojans/malware?

Zero

In three years, know how many conflicts my Mac had whenever I attempted to install a new device or software?

Zero

In three years, know how many hours I spent just trying to keep my mac in working order?

Zero

You just screwed yourself. You know that right?

Any progress?

Very, very little. :wacko: I've brought the iPod to work and installed iTunes on my tablet which is also running 64 bit Windows7 & it works just fine. From what I'm reading so far it could be any number of things, but the most likely culprit seems to be driver incompatibility considering I have the same issue with both the iPod & iPhone. But that could be any one of the drivers I have from printer to mouse to USB drivers.

Is there possibly some way to track down where the error is occurring? I get a blue screen of death that flashes quickly before it restarts, but not long enough for me to read it.

Zero

Zero

Zero

Zero

Zero

Zero

You drive your Prius, I'll take my Hemi.

You drive your Prius, I'll take my Hemi.

Your PC might well be a Hemi, but if there's a car analogy here, its a Hemi that you have to pop the hood and tune for 20 minutes before you can drive to work everyday.

:wacko: Or your Frontier?

Just an analogy. :tup:

Your PC might well be a Hemi, but if there's a car analogy here, its a Hemi that you have to pop the hood and tune for 20 minutes before you can drive to work everyday.

Hardly the case. My last PC that I built had no issues at all for over 3 years & still runs like a champ for doing everything but high-end gaming. This new PC blows away my old PC in every aspect except communicating with Apple crap. I pop the hood and tweak it when I want, but only because I have that option, not because I have to.

Edited by rajncajn

If you get your ipod to work from the work computer, then your best bet is to sit tight until this gets figured out (you can't be the only one having the problem) and the solution gets pushed out. After reading all this it's probably code somewhere from the latest update.

Zero

Zero

Zero

Zero

Zero

Zero

I bought a dell laptop about the same time frame, and have had zero of those issues either. so I guess my piece of mind must be worth about $500 less than yours. :wacko:

• 7 months later...

Bump :tup:

I'm going to do the only suggestion that I haven't tried yet... Reload everything from scratch and try the ipod before every install/update. :wacko:

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well not doing a ton or research like you have but here is something I did find: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274602 "Never mind, I have isolated the problem with a kernel issue conflicting with the iPod drivers and the anti virus I'm using"

The response is a very good indication of what might be happening to your system. Something is conflicting with the Ipod drivers and performing a BSOD memory dump.

I would keep looking into the issue more, reloading an entire PC is a pain.

Something else I found: "Thank you friend for giving me your valuable and useful replies but i got resolved this by downloading "USBAAPL.SYS" . This is my ipod's driver and i have to delete the old Logitech webcam driver in the "C:\Windows\system32\drivers" folder After that when i connected the ipod to the computer it worked fine."

Lastly make sure that all of the system drivers for your PC model are up to date as well as the drivers for your Apple products.

Edited by Huzz