[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sharing movies with the son

DMD

I have watched a number of my all-time favorite movies with my son, telling him that they were requisite "guy" movies. We've enjoyed the Count of Monte Cristo, Saving Private Ryan, Scarface, etc..

Tonight I noticed that "High Plains Drifter" was on with Clint Eastwood which as a kid was a favorite of mine.

So we watch it and it is a little confusing to him and I try to answer questions tactfully knowing it all becomes apparent in the final ten seconds of the movie when "Shorty" was carving the headstone for the old Marshall and Eastwood disappears into the desert.

The whole scene in town is over and the bad guys are all dead. The next morning, they are looking at the bad guys in their coffins right before cutting to the final scene in the cemetery. My wife walks in.

"what movie are you watching?"

"The end of High Plains Drifter"

"Is that Clint Eastwood?"

"Yes, it is Eastwood here at the very END of the movie."

"Oh...okay. But isn't he is ghost in this movie?"

"OH MY FREAKING GOD! REALLY!?!?! REALLY!?!?! YES. THANKS FOR RUINING THE END OF THE MOVIE.

sigh...

(she later said she thought he was invisible in the movie which may be even worse)

I remember that. It was just 30 minutes after he went outside and told the chimp to stay off his yard. Good movie!

right turn Clyde! Philo Betto ... There is a guy who comes in a local pool hall here and I swear he looks like the leader of the Black Widows. :wacko:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I remember that. It was just 30 minutes after he went outside and told the chimp to stay off his yard. Good movie!

Yeah, that was right after he slept with that ugly chick from Madison County.

That scene where Clint Eastwood helped Demi Moore with making a clay .44 Magnum was awesome.

Yeah, that was right after he slept with that ugly chick from Madison County.

“You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?”

Go ahead, make my day”

Edited by MikesVikes