[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spanking your kid is a crime

jetsfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made $3,800.00 at the mall yesterday. I can now afford a kiosk to beat your children. Mercilessly. We do give half off if he starts doing the cry-stutter before the beating even begins. I love the cry-stutter. B-b-b-b-b-bbbbut p-p-ppppplease d-d-ddddon't!!!

I'm proud of the fact that our family has (thus far) successfully managed to resolve disciplinary issues without hitting. I won't apologize for that, or however that might make you feel.

How you raise your children is your business. It's when you decide how everyone else should raise their children per your model, no exceptions, and you decide that a very vaulable parenting tool that some use ought to be absolutely forbidden is where you cross the line.

My daughter got a spanking last night... She hit her mom in the eye. It was actually quite hughmorous when I told my wife that it was unacceptable to spank our child out of anger and that is clearly what it looked like to me...

How you raise your children is your business. It's when you decide how everyone else should raise their children per your model, no exceptions, and you decide that a very vaulable parenting tool that some use ought to be absolutely forbidden is where you cross the line.

hey, he's not judging you. he just thinks you're lazy parent who can't control his kids without fear and intimidation. :wacko:

hey, he's not judging you. he just thinks you're lazy parent who can't control his kids without fear and intimidation. :wacko:

Who cares? As long as you have the newest minivan on the block, the largest house and both parents have to work to afford all that to prove you really love your kids but only get to spend the weekends dragging them back and forth to soccer and baseball....

Who cares? As long as you have the newest minivan on the block, the largest house and both parents have to work to afford all that to prove you really love your kids but only get to spend the weekends dragging them back and forth to soccer and baseball....

I don't have the newest mini-van or the largest house. Three of my neighbors trumped me. One dude built an 8,000 SF Mediteranian, another built some 10,000 SF traditional, and the dude at the end of the road has about 8,500 SF. :wacko:

If I was controlling his kids, the first thing I'd do is line them up for some good fanny-tanning.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:wacko: So you're entitled your opinion, but I'm not. It's wrong for me to pass judgment, but not you. I don't have to hit my kids to get them to obey, but somehow you occupy the moral high ground.

I'm not trying to forbid anyone from doing anything. It is merely my opinion that if you don't have to spank your kids to get good results, why would you? A non-violent alternative may take some extra work, but I happen to think its worth it. But you are obviously free to do as you choose.

His daughters are lovely, well mannered, accomplished, polite, self-motivated high achievers. They are girls any parent would be exceptionally proud of. I would trust them with the care of my home or my daughter without hesittion. I have no doubt both will be successes in anything they set their hand to, and they clearly love and respect their parents, themselves, and their neighbors. Just exceptional young ladies all the way around.

pics? :wacko:

Next thing you know, they are going to make it a crime to smack your wife upside her head when she gets out of line.

It[s tough when they forget to put cheese on the sammich... I mean there are only so many ways to remind them. :wacko:

I used to have about 30... I'm down to six in these economic times.

Are they going back to Mexico because of the economy?

I'm guessing all the people without jobs on the street corners in Atlanta are safer to work than illegals(now that we are cracking down).

Edited by WaterMan

Are they going back to Mexico because of the economy?

I'm guessing all the people without jobs on the street corners in Atlanta are safer to work than illegals(now that we are cracking down).

They have mostly gone back to Mexico over the past two to three years. It seems the major exodus occurred roughly 12 months ago.

Most of the people hanging out on the street corners were illegals. We wouldn't use those anyway. But, what I do find to be quite interesting is that certain areas, say powder springs road, west of downtown marietta, used to be crawling with mexicans. About once a week one would get nailed crossing the road. Now, you barely see any walking up and down the street, they don't hang out looking for work, etc... It's really kinda eerie.

Dude, it was a compliment. :elististprickfistbump:

I know, but my humble side tells me that I should be more... I'm searching for the word and can't seem to come up with it.

Now, you barely see any walking up and down the street, they don't hang out looking for work, etc... It's really kinda eerie.

It's that way here too. The only people I see hanging out on the corners looking for work are the influx of homeless people.

It's that way here too. The only people I see hanging out on the corners looking for work are the influx of homeless people.

I've not seen those yet. Though, I've not been downtown much lately.

From spanking kids to mexicans.

Its interesting how a topic can take a turn.

It's all intertwined. You just need to open up your mind.