[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sheen says he took steroids during ‘Major League’

buddahj

NEW YORK (AP)—Turns out Wild Thing’s fastball had a little extra juice.

Actor Charlie Sheen tells Sports Illustrated in its latest issue that he took steroids “for like six or eight weeks” while filming the 1989 movie “Major League.” He adds that the performance-enhancing drugs helped his fastball go from 79 mph to 85 mph.

Major League Baseball's executive vice president of baseball operations Joe Torre, left, talks to Chicago Cubs manager Mike Quade before an interleague baseball game between the New York Yankees and the Chicago Cubs in Chicago, Friday, June 17, 2011.

Sheen played fireballing relief pitcher Ricky “Wild Thing” Vaughn, whose wayward pitches were often “jussst a bit outside,” as Bob Uecker’s character, radio broadcaster Harry Doyle, sarcastically announced during the hit comedy.

Sheen, who has made recent headlines for erratic behavior and his firing from the show “Two and a Half Men,” says it was the only time he took steroids and they made him a bit more irritable than normal.

I took steroids while watching that film, and that film only. Weird.

For Major League Part Deux, the Electric Bugaloo I took anti-depresants and nitrous. I still couldn't laugh even once. I maybe should have gone with shrooms.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

wow. this is really making me question a lot of my movie viewing experiences. was jimmy chitwood on 'roids during Hoosiers? was roy hobbs on 'roids? he must have been to blow out those lights like he did? what about Dirk Diggler? ralph machio? i have to question everything now and it's just sad.

what ? :wacko: he was only trying to get into character.

Nice. :lol:

My question is this... Does anybody actually remember how big he was in Major League? It's pretty obvious the drugs have wiped a good portion of his brain. The only movie he was really big in was that Hot Shots movie.

Charlie in:

Major League

Hot Shots

If he did steroids for the first one and not the second, I'm pretty sure he was doing it wrong. I think the dude can't even remember his movies and roid use correctly. Of course warlock gods may not have good memories. :tup: