[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

facebook questions

muck

Can I 'unfriend' someone so they don't know I unfriended them?

Can I move someone from 'friend' status to 'pending friend' status?

Kind of.

And not that I know of.

If you "unfriend" someone, and they go to your profile and look at your list of friends, they may not show up on the list. Not sure about that, though.

As far as I know people can't tell if you unfriend them. However, if they would go to view your page or interact at all with you, they would not be able to; so they could find out that way. I am also pretty sure you cannot move someone to pending friend status, it's only for new friends.

Edited by 3rd and schlong

unfriending someone doesn't notify them. If they go to your page, they will have the "add friend" link. That will tell them, if they have any brains, that you've unfriended them.

I swear there was a topic about this recently (Big John?), but I'll save you the trouble by laying out your 2 easy options:

1) When you hover over a post, a little X box appears. Click that and it will give you several options. Choose "Ignore all posts from...". This is an ideal solution for people who clog your feed with nonsense, but you don't want to offend by defriending them completely. Works like a charm, and I have done it for countless "friends".

2) Defriend the sucker. You can find this under your friend settings, and I wouldn't hesitate to do so if it's someone you don't really know very well. Unless you post alot or are close enough to the person to where they'd check, they will most likely not know for quite some time or even ever if they don't actually look for you on their friends list. They will in no way be notified, and I reserve this for those accounts that have been hacked by spammers and are sending me BS emails that end up with a vagina on my friends' feeds from me (true story).

Edited by delusions of granduer

Thanks. More good advice from that link:

You can create "sub-groups" of friends and then adjust your privacy settings as you see fit for that particular group.

I've done this for people I work with etc.. Basically their group is setup to see almost nothing on my page.

I actually had my impressionable 12 year old cousin who wanted to friend me, and because of some of the drinking pictures that I didn't feel like taking the time to detag, I declined for a while, until I realized I could put her on a list where she couldn't see any of the pics... You just never know when one of your idiot friends is gonna snap a shot of you while you're out on the town and post it to facebook...

I do know how to do this, and I can tell you that part of it is easy and part of it is hard. The easy part is unfriending the person. The hard part is telling your parents that you're ghey.

I've never had to do that one. Not easy huh?

As far as I know people can't tell if you unfriend them. However, if they would go to view your page or interact at all with you, they would not be able to; so they could find out that way. I am also pretty sure you cannot move someone to pending friend status, it's only for new friends.

You have quickly jumped very high in my ranks of great usernames. i salute you sir :wacko: Although nothing will ever top "Raging bitch tits"

1) When you hover over a post, a little X box appears. Click that and it will give you several options. Choose "Ignore all posts from...". This is an ideal solution for people who clog your feed with nonsense, but you don't want to offend by defriending them completely. Works like a charm, and I have done it for countless "friends".

This is how I handle the un-friend situation. I just put them on ignore. Works for stupid game invites as well in case you didn't know.