[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ongoing murder rampage in Grand Rapids right now

wiegie

Apparently in the last 2 hours somebody has killed 4 people in one home, 2 people in another home, and 1 more person in a third home. The guy is still on the lose and armed with at least a .40 caliber handgun. :wacko: (This is all within about 8 miles of where I live and apparently they think the guy is currently somewhere within a few blocks of where I work.) :yikes:

Edited by wiegie

Stay safe bro, scary sh*t.

Seriously. Get home safe Wiegie and stay there until this gets figured out. It seems this is the type of killer that goes out in a blaze of glory so I would bet this comes to the surface really soon.

I'm at home now. (I hope they catch the guy quickly, because I am supposed to play softball in about 90 minutes and where we go out for drinks afterwards is about 5 or so blocks from the first murder scene.)

I was planning on dropping some stuff off at my job before my game, but I don't think I'll be doing that.

Edited by wiegie

I'm at home now. (I hope they catch the guy quickly, because I am supposed to play softball in about 90 minutes and where we go out for drinks afterwards is about 5 or so blocks from the first murder scene.)

Where is your family ?

I would avoid softball today if I were you . . . . Stay safe!

Seriously. The team can get by without a mascot for one night

Wow, scary stuff.

I didn't realize you lived near GR. I was just in Traverse City this past weekend visiting my best friend. Me and the wife liked it so much we're thinking of moving there.

Anyways, sorry to get OT - stay safe and skip softball if this loony hasn't been caught.

• 4:51 p.m. Seven people are dead in two locations, according to Police Chief Kevin Belk.

• 4:48 p.m. Police are clearing Baynton; the suspect is not there. Police report it was a false lead.

• 4:27 p.m. Tactical unit set up at 25 Baynton Avenue NE. They're using a bullhorn to negotiate with a subject. Area is well kept, tidy homes. Neighbors are being told to stay in their homes.

• 4:20 p.m. Grand Rapids police reportedly found four victims in unknown conditions at 1270 Brynell Court NE off 4 Mile Road; two bodies at 2046 Plainfield Avenue NE and one body in a house on Janes Avenue NE. They have gone to a house on Baynton NE near Aquinas College where a suspect may be.

• 4:15 p.m. Police are reporting four victims at a home on Brynell Court NE.

• 4:05 p.m. Police are trying to track down a suspect reportedly armed with an automatic .40 caliber handgun. Police are seeking a suspect in a tan Lincoln with license plate number BWK 2308.

• 3:38 p.m. Police investigate report of two dead in Plainfield Avenue home. It was not immediately clear whether the deaths were related to an incident on Janes Avenue NE.

• 3:23 p.m. Police block off neighborhood near Janes Avenue NE, near Knapp Street and Coit Avenue, following the standoff incident that began at 2:30 p.m., telling neighbors to stay inside.

• 2:41 p.m.: A Grand Rapids man tells mother on phone that he killed his wife and police respond to the scene. The mother says heard gunshot on the phone.

They still don't have the shooter yet, but they have him cornered in a house that he broke into after a chase. The problem is that he is holding two people hostage. :wacko:

(Also, we won our softball game and the hostage situation was a little more than a mile away from our post-game watering hole, so our post-game festivities went on as planned.)

he has released a female hostage

(Also, concerning me leaving my family to go play softball, when I left my house the guy was heading in the other direction and was on the other side of Grand Rapids. I would not have left if I had felt that they were in any danger.)

he has released a female hostage

(Also, concerning me leaving my family to go play softball, when I left my house the guy was heading in the other direction and was on the other side of Grand Rapids. I would not have left if I had felt that they were in any danger.)

Dayam!!! Bland Rapids? Stay safe and better yet watch the family close!

God Bless!