[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USA! USA! USA! to the semifinals!

millerx

Caught this game live and it was terrific. One of the few times I found myself watching a female sports game. That pass and header to tie the game in OT was perfection.

Agree with the comments about faked injuries. The Brazilians were flopping all over the field. Pathetic.

On another note, it was a great game, though I missed the first 20 minutes of each half. Nice that we don't have to be pissed about "the one they stole from us".

That ref was freaking brutal and I was loving how much the British commentator was crucifying her throughout. Honestly, I think she was as much to blame as anyone for inspiring the poor sportsmanship from Brazil, because she made it clear she had no idea what she was doing out there and/or was a control freak. How many free kicks were held up because the ball was like a foot or so away from where she wanted the kick to take place? I've seen them make the team move the ball when it's like 10 yards away or something. Also with the corners. Every, freaking, time.

I can see how a player can feel emboldened to work the ref a bit more when they're as random as she was. Not letting Brazil off the hook for their act, but just think the crappy officiating is going to invite that.

What about when she yellow carded the US for quick-playing a free kick backwards? They were in injury time! (Or close to it) Of course they're not going to stand around all day. But no, I'm sure the ball was placed at least 2 ft from where she wanted it, so, sure, pull out the yellow card. The announcer was having a field day with that one. "If any of you out there watching have an idea what she's thinking, please send us a postcard". Has she ever actually watched a game? Every free kick does not constitute a 10 minute break in action. You make the call, the ball is placed somewhere near the foul, and play continues. It doesn't have to be an effing production.

Seriously, it was a joke even without the horrid call that resulted in the second PK.

Was watching the game and was already pissed at the officiating when Brazil scored their 2nd goal. 11 on 10 and a goal down, I swore at the TV, got up and went out to the grocery store. :wacko:

Well, at least I could watch the highlights when I got back home. :tup:

Wish I could have watched this. How does a goalie get a red card anyways?

Few years ago i was the middle on a boys high school playoff game and the keeper got beat and tackled the guy as he tried to go around him to get the ball. I red carded him.