[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pay ta park

nuke'em ttg

11 tacos a day, am i in a friggin timewarp is Cali the only place that does this, now i remember that this detail blew our budget last time, come to california and we'll fok ya on parking, just like the drive up, every f'n time :wacko:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really ticked me off one time when I stayed in a Hotel in the town that I work in. The hotel uses a public parking ramp that is connected to them through a skyway. During weekends, you can park your car for free. If you tell them that you're staying in the Hotel, you have to pay while everyone else just drives in and out for nothing.

Edited by MikesVikes

$11? Wah. We just paid $22/day in POFS Baltimore. I think in bigger cities it's common.

if ya depend on tourism don't bite the hand, hide it in the bill at least, for some reason that doesn't bug me as much lets soak'm for all we can...bleedin falgots :wacko:

if ya depend on tourism don't bite the hand, hide it in the bill at least, for some reason that doesn't bug me as much lets soak'm for all we can...bleedin falgots :wacko:

Why do you want this?

Why do people complain about a la carte pricing? The alternative is to just charge everyone for everything regardless of whether or not they use it. Why is that better?

I have paid $25 - $33 / day in both San Francisco and Chicago when parking at downtown hotels for conferences. I have used this cost to justify staying at the more expensive conference hotel itself, saving on both parking AND car rental. Much more convenient to just cab it from the airport and back and not bother with the earlier start and daily parking hassle.

Why do you want this?

Why do people complain about a la carte pricing? The alternative is to just charge everyone for everything regardless of whether or not they use it. Why is that better?

do you charge for silverware, same difference :wacko:

The average rate is about $40-50 a day in San Francisco.

Yeah, it is about 3 years back that I was forking over less than $30. I suspect the hotels spotted an opportunity in the recession. Soon it will be more expensive to park the car than rent the room.

Yeah, it is about 3 years back that I was forking over less than $30. I suspect the hotels spotted an opportunity in the recession. Soon it will be more expensive to park the car than rent the room.

makes an all inclusive a better option, say mexico instead of Cali or Hawaii

No it's not. "The same difference" would be to just charge you for an app, entree, dessert, plus a few drinks and "just hide it in the bill" so you don't have to be bothered for paying for each and every stupid thing you order. Of course, if you don't want dessert, well that sucks for you because I already charged you for it and "hid it in the bill".

Here's the deal. Parking is not free for the hotel. It costs them something. Either because they pay some city lot or they used up land that they paid for to build a parking lot rather than a bigger hotel. Obviously, in cities, this is a bigger issue. At any rate, they can either charge each and every guest who stays there a little bit, just in case they have a car they want to park. Or they can simply charge those who have a car to park.

Each and every "free" thing that anyone ever throws in the deal has a cost and it's a cost you pay. Problem is, you pay for it whether or not you want it or need it.

So, again, wouldn't you prefer to simply pay for what you use, rather than pay for part of what I use?

Now, obviously there's a limit to this. However, and especially in cities where a number of people may be taking a taxi from the airport and not using a car, I can absolutely see why this should be a la carte.

Don't think it is the same....

99.9% of people at a restaurant use silverware - what % of people who stay at a hotel choose to also have a car?

You can do what Ursa said and choose not to have a car and save the money or you can choose a hotel that may include parking or you can just choose to pay for parking.

Don't really see a big deal??

Don't think it is the same....

99.9% of people at a restaurant use silverware - what % of people who stay at a hotel choose to also have a car?

You can do what Ursa said and choose not to have a car and save the money or you can choose a hotel that may include parking or you can just choose to pay for parking.

Don't really see a big deal??

yer right, it's only 77 tacos i'm pissin away on a 9x9 slab that cost 300.00 but probably went cheap ashpalt for alot less ...11x365= 4,015.00

FOR ONE SPOT

Edited by nuke'em ttg

yer right, it's only 77 tacos i'm pissin away on a 9x9 slab that cost 300.00 but probably went cheap ashpalt for alot less ...11x365= 4,015.00

FOR ONE SPOT

The width is variable, but 9' is easier for drivers but can be narrower if space is cramped. The length is usually 16' but can be variable. Also add in the proportional costs for the aisle and driveways.

FOR ONE SPOT

Could you have got a hotel room that did not charge for parking? Maybe it was baked into the cost of the room but I am sure you could have picked a different hotel room.

Fact is there were other options and if enough people choose the other options I am sure this place may change but for now it is what it is and sure is not like silverware. :wacko:

It really ticked me off one time when I stayed in a Hotel in the town that I work in. The hotel uses a public parking ramp that is connected to them through a skyway. During weekends, you can park your car for free. If you tell them that you're staying in the Hotel, you have to pay while everyone else just drives in and out for nothing.

Yeah, I've never understood that. Everywhere I've stayed that has pay parking, the price for hotel guests is always more than public.