[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shonn Greene

Endzone

I was disappointed in Greene's performance last year. Tomlinson came out of the gate hot but struggled in the second half of the season. Greene really didn't step up when he had the opportunity towards the end of last year. I am not sure what has changed that would make me think he is totally different. He is like Beanie Wells in the way that they both will get the opportunity and should succeed, but I don't see it happening. So much potential that is wasted. Maybe he will get some goal line carries, but even Tomlinson beat him out in that dept last year as well. I would not reach for him.

kinda compare him to Mark Ingram, I don't expect them to rack up that many catches or yardage, but should get 10+ TD's. It seems Ingrams ADP is around one round later so I'm not buying Greene this year at his current ADP.

games with 10 or fewer carries: 7

58 carries for 239 yds= 4.12 ypc

3 of those 7 he avg'd more than 4 pc 3 times

games with 15-20 carries: 5

90 for 353 yds= 3.92 ypc

only 1 of those he avg'd over 4 ypc

9 games of averaging less than 4 ypc.

also, only 1 100 yd game and only 2 tds

he did do better in the playoffs.

i'd have a hard time seeing him do worse than last year if he is playing 1st and 2nd down. he may even throw in some more rec :wacko:

Edited by Bier Meister

what is his ADP? I drafted last night in the 1 hole and took him at 4.12 as my RB#2.

RB's go fast and furious in this particular league..I was pleased that he was there. no ppr

in non-ppr I've seen late 3rd to early 4th so it seems you got good value.

kinda compare him to Mark Ingram, I don't expect them to rack up that many catches or yardage, but should get 10+ TD's. It seems Ingrams ADP is around one round later so I'm not buying Greene this year at his current ADP.

kind of funny you made that comparison b/c i was just in a draft and was choosing b/t those two. Took Ingram but could've gone either way. 7th round in case anyone cares.

kind of funny you made that comparison b/c i was just in a draft and was choosing b/t those two. Took Ingram but could've gone either way. 7th round in case anyone cares.

7th round is crazy good value, who were you drafting with? I still like Ingram slightly more since he's in a better offense, but I think it's a tossup between the two.

7th round is crazy good value, who were you drafting with? I still like Ingram slightly more since he's in a better offense, but I think it's a tossup between the two.

Yeah, this is my first year in this league but most people seemed to know what they were doing for the most part. But A few players slipped a bit. Also, this league counts return yards so a few players went a little early like CJ Spiller, harvin RBush and maybe a couple others.

Does anyone think the Jets will try the opposite formula from last year? And that is rest LT during the beginning of the year to keep him fresh for the playoff run. I'm not excited about Greene and it's hard to see a scenario where he will end up on my team. If he gets the 300+ carries that BB sees he should be a serviceable starting RB. I just can't get excited about him. I kinda see more of a breakout year from Sanchize more than anyone else.

Shonn Greene = Cedric Benson 2.0? (at least, on the field)

Personally, I don't get that "warm & fuzzy" feeling about Greene becoming a top 5 back like I think all of us who have him on our team (and Jets fans) want him to be this year. Maybe (probably?) top 15.

Does anyone think the Jets will try the opposite formula from last year? And that is rest LT during the beginning of the year to keep him fresh for the playoff run. I'm not excited about Greene and it's hard to see a scenario where he will end up on my team. If he gets the 300+ carries that BB sees he should be a serviceable starting RB. I just can't get excited about him. I kinda see more of a breakout year from Sanchize more than anyone else.

I don't see anyone calling this guy a top 5 RB. However, given his ADP and his upside of being a RB1 in a 12 team league, there is some very real value here.

This is a guy who makes his living between the tackles, but has enough burst to carry off some long gainers. His career ypc is 4.5 in the regular season and 5.0 ypc in the playoffs. That's exactly what the Jets are looking for and what makes the Jets' O go. It's Ryan smash-mouth impose-your-will football. It protects Sanchez and makes him effective in the passing game.

LT on the other hand looks just worn out, and rightfully so considering the workload he has carried in his career and his age. I don't see LT as anything other than a CoP/relief for Greene, and I see Powell eventually taking over that role.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I don't see anyone calling this guy a top 5 RB.

FWIW... didn't mean to imply somebody did say he was/should be top 5. Just that as a person with him on my roster, I'd like him to be a top 5 back (as I would presume other Greene owners and Jets fans). Also, from a general feeling I get after reading different sites and articles, he's seen as somebody with that dreaded "breakout potential". Given the state of the passing game for the Jets, I would think (as do many others) Ryan is looking at leaning on Greene more heavily this year. All these things lead me to believe he could be a top 5 back. My apologies... didn't mean to seem like I was putting words in anybody's mouth either.

I think Green will be a steady/solid producer, nothing flashy but a good 12-14 ppg kind of runner this year. He won't have that big 30 point game but will have a floor of about 8 points in any game. The NYJ D is too good so he will play all 4 qrtrs. What I was quite pleased to see was they called a pass play to him in their first series against NYG.

Of course he took his eyes off the ball and dropped it but the fact that they called a pass play to him may bode well. If they focus on him at the goal line more than Burress then I see 10 TD's for him this year.;